Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

5 Likes

3 Likes

Not really a typo, just returned from a 2+ year break

1 Like

This is not considered as typo in my case. I just don’t know how to spell mediterenieadn sea :rofl:

Medi as in “medium”, terra as in… well, “terra”, nean as in… “Athenean”? Mediterranean.

It means “middle of the land”, if that helps.

Ever since learning that word I meant to look up what how “Middle-Earth” gets translated. Finally did, it’s (なか)(くに).

1 Like

-nean is apart of terra so it doesn’t mean athenian

oh wait you were joking

Not saying it means “Athenean”, just that it’s another common… ish word that ends in “nean”.

1 Like

驚く accepts the meaning “to surprise” @mods

It’s not a common way to translate this but it can technically mean “nearby” at times. I’ll keep this one the way it is, in case someone wants to add it as a user synonym.

Added “to surprise” and “to shock” to the block list.

3 Likes

@Mods another one for the blacklist?

Thanks! I’ll get this add to the block list now.

1 Like

Repost from the WK Screenshots thread.

Am I going to be burned like a durtle after committing this heresy?

(For those who don’t know, it actually says “wanikani”, and the characters are alligator-crab)

5 Likes

i put hummus life for 人生 (One’s Life, Human Life, Life).
it got accepted

3 Likes

That font looks like what the world looks like without glasses

4 Likes

Not even a typo, just a completely wrong answer. It was wanting the Meaning of 代わる and I wrote To Be Pleased and Wanikani said 正しい!

Some of the fonts I have are pretty crazy!!! This one is actually one of the tamer ones, believe it or not. If you aren’t already using the Jitai plugin, I recommend it highly to help you read handwritten Japanese, or even just weird digital fonts.

1 Like

i don’t even know how i managed to get those letters in that order :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Assuming you’re using a QWERTY keyboard, your inter-hand timing was just a little off. Instead of left-hand, right-hand, left-hand, right-hand, you had right-hand, left-hand, right-hand, left-hand.

3 Likes