Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Screenshot_20200912_141332

I took a guess :man_shrugging:

@Mods, one for the blocklist?

And here’s why I don’t like doing reviews on mobile lol

2 Likes

The level 8 radicals for cape and cage will each take either :sweat_smile:

@JenK that should be block-listed

@Mods these two should go to the block list.

1 Like

I think the second one is similar enough…

I respectfully disagree. You can attain a goal without acquiring anything.

1 Like

From Merriam-Webster: https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/attain

:man_shrugging:

For the record I also disagree (I.E. I agree with Prouleau)

Interesting

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this one. Technically ‘to suit’ kind of mirrors ‘to match’ but looking at Jisho, the context seems to be ‘to match up’ (as in, to match to pieces that fit) or to ‘to match speed’. Technically you could have a context of ‘the speed your going suits mine’ but still doesn’t feel quite right as an allowable synonym.

to suit is normally more niau https://jisho.org/search/niau

Correct, which is Level 33 vocab I’ve not go to yet, but thanks ^-^

My point was that I don’t think it’s a good synonym for 合わせる, so might be a blacklist candidate.

I’m not sure, what do you think @mods?

It’s not a ridiculous misspelling, but I learned 立 as “sand” instead of “stand”. WaniKani consistently accepted the answer and I didn’t pay attention to the message. I only realized my mistake when I learned the word 立てる, “to stand up” (I thought 立つ meant “to sand”, as in “smooth or polish with sandpaper or a mechanical sander”).

9 Likes

Added.

We already have cape/cage on each other’s block list :thinking:Are you using any scripts? Let me know if you can take a screenshot of this happening next time, thanks.

2 Likes

I added this one although I wouldn’t think this is a common mistake…? ‘tip of the (anything short)’ probably would pass because it’s so close.

We’ll think about this one.

4 Likes

Thank you, Jen

4 Likes

Hey @Mods!
I believe it should be blocked and I should drink coffee before reviewing! :grimacing:

4 Likes

@JenK I have a candidate for the blocklist, 勇む Accepted Answer: “to encourage” since it should be “to be encouraged”.

I only realized it from doing the Self-Study Quiz as part of my leech training. I realized I had been typing “to encourage” during reviews while the Self-Study Quiz didn’t accept that. So, I don’t have a screen shot, but I just wanted to let you know about that one. ^^

Anyone else make this typo every single time?

1 Like

Thanks, I added it👍

1 Like