Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Some more funny ones from this morning/yesterday, when I was half-awake/ half-asleep apparently! :sweat_smile:

authority
Not sure what overstepping that means! ^^;

Mmmm pie! :pie: Tastier than plumbing!

I guess, to get married, you first have to perform the rigutal, am I right?? :eyes:

criticise
Before I start criticizing someone else’s spelling, I guess, I better learn how to write criticize. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Protip, @Mods can now be used to contact all mods, not just Jen. Then customer relations will not be solely dependent on @JenK’s sleep schedule :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

We just need them to set this thread to watching so we don’t keep tagging them every post and a half… :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, added ‘to realize’ to block list of 整理する.

Added.

I’m going to leave this one off unless we have more people mistyping this one.

:laughing: Yeah, thanks for the protip. I’m usually the one looking at these at the end, but tagging all the mods would be better in case I go away on vacation :+1:

I’d actually rather you guys tag instead of us watching the thread as there may be irrelevant comments at times :sweat_smile::pray:

12 Likes

Don’t leave us!

7 Likes

Vacation is the new cigarettes.

4 Likes

@Mods I made a mistake, but it got accepted o:

Not gonna deny it :eyes:

9 Likes

I keep failing the reading for that one ANIME%20NITRO%20EMOTE%20SERVER-1

4 Likes

Accidently typed “test” instead of “tent”, WK still let it go through.

3 Likes

おとろえる is almost like ととろえる :eyes: Has a secret totoro… but since the vocab is To Decay, To Wither, etc. the “t” in the beginning ended up decaying and falling away, that’s why it is just otoroeru, instead of totoroeru now :3

How’s that for a mnemonic :caught_durtling:

11 Likes

I kinda feel that we should only be block-listing “close enough” words that are genuine errors that people are likely to make. Words that are similar in theme to the correct answer, say, but are completely different or opposite in meaning. For example, for “south”, you’d block “north” but not “mouth”.

6 Likes

My preference is to notify JenK (the Mods now) and let her arbitrate what is appropriate. A genuine error need not be in the same theme. People get genuinely confused sometimes. I feel that JenK should decide when there is an edge case.

1 Like

The lenience is there to catch typos, so that should be a good thing right? Unless you actually thought it meant tent, in which case you can ask to specifically blacklist that word.

1 Like

I always confuse 作- and 使-vocab. Glad I could still fail the reading part or I’d have had to ressurect it from being burnt lol.

@Mods could “How to Use”/“Way to Use”/“Way of Using” be blocklisted from 作り方?
And similarly, could “How to Make”/“Way of Making” be blocklisted from 使い方? (Assuming that if it can be incorrectly marked correct one way, it also works the other way round.)

9 Likes

When >half my meanings look like this it makes me question how I ever get the readings right. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like 使い方 had those on the block list already so I’ve added the other ones to 作り方!

3 Likes

Forgot to reply to this one…but I’m a little hesitant to add this one. Did you genuinely get this mixed up with 否定する? Doesn’t seem like a common mistake others might make, but maybe I’m missing something.

1 Like

Yes :sweat_smile: I forgot the meaning for 衰える but remembered that it was something with “to d…” so it turned out like that. 否定する is also a leech of mine, so most of the time I don’t know the meaning of that word very well either :caught_durtling:

2 Likes

Thought this was kind of the Crabigator to accept:

Honestly just sums up my last review session pretty well.

12 Likes

Screenshot_20200912_141332

I took a guess :man_shrugging:

@Mods, one for the blocklist?

And here’s why I don’t like doing reviews on mobile lol

2 Likes