Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

This should be blacklisted

2 Likes

The almighty folding fish it fits in every pocket. Who doesnt know.

17 Likes

Yeah I don’t know how mine didn’t get through, like come on.

2 Likes

I’m keapiung like my life is on the line!

9 Likes

Added to blacklist.

16 Likes

Still wondering how it was accepted :thinking:
How does the filter work? Is it easily confused because there are multiple meanings?

6 Likes

It looks at how high the probability is that you wanted to type a correct answer, but made a typo accidentally. If that probability is acceptabel and meets a certain level, the answer is counted as correct. Though I have no clue as to what typos it thinks you made there…

2 Likes

Could be something from the hidden whitelist?

3 Likes

@RachelG Here’s another for the blacklist collection!

… Never mind you already saw them. (Should we keep pinging you for these, or are you following this thread?)

2 Likes

mmmh so it converts it into a number and compares it with a given threshold, correct?
Are there any hints as to how the probability is calculated?

What’s the hidden Whitelist? I read that there’s a blacklist since some mistakes are considered correct answers, but why a whitelist? Can’t they just be added as alternative meanings?

Sorry for all the questions, I should probably devote my time to finishing the vocab lessons instead of pestering you guys with questions :sweat_smile:

It doesn’t make sense to put every possible synonym in the dictionary on the public whitelist, having such a long list for every item would only serve to confuse

2 Likes

Oh, and this

They are using a (from what I have heard) modified version of Levenshtein Distance.

3 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that since I always choose one, but it makes sense. Also you may be right, seeing as there’s already “to wash away” it may just be a hidden synonym.

Ah, that’s cool! Thank you! I didn’t even know what it was before.

2 Likes

Not really that bad, but I just typed in “cola mine” instead of “coal mine” for the vocab 炭鉱, which gave me a fantastic picture. X3

7 Likes

I had to think about this thread when I just did a review.

kuwaeru (to add) accepted my answer “to ass”.

5 Likes

I guess I’m Scottish now

16 Likes

@RachelG Earlier today the vocab item 主観 accepted the meaning “objectivity”. Which should probably be blacklisted XD

2 Likes

9 Likes

Well you are stuck in bed if you are ill seems legit

2 Likes

Reminds me of the classic:

5 Likes