Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

@Mods For 縄文, instead of counting じょもん wrong, there’s a shake for not looking for the meaning but rather the reading. I have a feeling that this will probably make people more likely to misremember the length of the first syllable.

2 Likes

That’s strange, I’ve just tested this and I don’t get the shake.

1 Like

Probably using Double-Check script. If you get it wrong, it checks if what you typed in the reading is a valid meaning, and in this case it is.

4 Likes

I didn’t get a screenshot of it in the moment, but WK accepted “soup” for the “soul” radical. I didn’t realize I had made a typo until I already submitted it and the realization made me laugh more than it probably should.

3 Likes

Ah, yep, that’s it then. I don’t suppose there’s a way to turn it off just for Jomon? >->

1 Like

Unfortunately, no.

1 Like

The president of the copany company is the copium meme frog.

This one I purposefully did since I’m not sure if it should be on the blocklist or not @Mods.

I dunno usure about that?

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll add ‘country’ to the blocklist for 州.

Good to know, thanks!

4 Likes

On the other side, it’s weird for me to see things like Toukyou, Hokkaidou, Kyouto inside the visible meaning synonyms. They have a standard English spelling, and people should abide to that. Also, Romaji doesn’t always mean what you type.

I suppose you’re pretty unlikely to see those spellings in the wild, but I have seen signs older than the romaji spelling reform.

1 Like

I mixed words up in my head when I typed this one. While one of the meanings of ‘diversion’ is similar to digression & derailment, is it actually synonymous enough to be accepted, @Mods ?

8 Likes

Is this a sign I’m spending too much time on a certain webbed site instead of practicing Japanese? :thinking:

actually I practiced a fair bit today, I’m just clumsy with typing

9 Likes

I was watching a youtube video and something came up related to fish.

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I think it is currently being accepted only because of the proximity of its spelling with other accepted words not because “diversion” should be accepted. Although I agree, the meanings are very similar. I’ll have to forward this over to our content team to get confirmation. I’ll let you know what they say once they get back to us.

Update: Diversion was indeed only accepted because of its spelling, it has now been added to the “greyshake” list. Thanks again for the feedback!

5 Likes

Oh no we got e-squatters

I fround when I got this wrong

Just genuinely mixed up which vowel was needed.

3 Likes

Image description

Screenshot of answer “to rasie romsehting” accepted for “to raise something”

8 Likes

Do you think my mother would be proud of my spelling?

6 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t know about your parents, but the ant you keep that likes pears aka a pearant. I think they would be everybody loves a good pun ;)

2 Likes

The digital sequel to sitting I present to you: esat.
So this one is technically entirely correct, so I have to ask while WK sanitises input does it also get rid of certain characters such as that comma?

1 Like