Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

9 Likes

4 Likes

Poe Damon… The Force Awakens… full powah force! Everything makes sense now!

confession time

And here I was thinking of Edgar Allan Poe and the ghost enemies from the Legend of Zelda series when I saw that typo :sweat_smile: I must confess that I had no idea who this character was and had to look him up. My assumption of him being a Star Wars character was correct but I’ve never watched any of the Star Wars films… and yes, you may grab your pitchforks – or lightsabers – that you conveniently hide in your closet now.

With my banter out of the way, we can go back to talking exclusively about typos again to not derail this thread even further :wink: and we shall graciously gloss over my almost non-existent Star Wars knowledge while we’re at it. *walks away whistling *

2 Likes

Poe Dameron though! XD

3 Likes

Oh no! :astonished::rofl:
Thank you for telling me – I’m still laughing at my subpar research abilities or rather my very poor memory of names as I’m writing this. I could edit my response but I think I will leave it on purpose, so other community members can laugh at me as well. How did I mess this up?! :joy:

Sorry for interrupting the main topic, now back to the typos!

1 Like

What’s this from? Some kind of behind-the-scenes special?

What does Arrangement or Agreement have in common with “deciding”?

There’s hidden synonyms, I think it’s one of those.

1 Like

Were wolf?
There fowl! :swan: (i know it doesn’t say that, but it feels more like a typo for this than anything :joy: )

2 Likes

Lol that’s funny. I type “nope” when I give up (for the reading too), and so far it has only considered it a match for “note” (I think).

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Was typing too fast to notice my mix up in time. The answer was accepted without the shaking animation and the ‘we want the meaning/reading instead’ message appearing, though. Is this a candidate for the blocklist?

Probably accepted as a hidden answer, because it’s also the name of the Touhou Project (though even then it probably should have shaken as “not quite spelt correctly”…)

7 Likes

Just a quick update on this one.

We’ve decided that “To face towards” feels a little too ambiguous in terms of whether it is transitive or intransitive. As such we have added it to the “acceptable but with a warning” list.

We also added a couple of less ambiguous accepted meanings for 向ける such as “to make face towards” and “to face something towards”

8 Likes

Thank you for the adjustments. I think the two new accepted meanings "to make face towards” and “to face something towards” also make it more clear now.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Shouldn’t this be accepted??

4 Likes

I guess there are not so many doctors among the WK team :rofl:

But yes, it’s clearly of latin descent but it seems to be a valid English word (says my dictionary at least) :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t say I go out of my way to talk about balls, but I’m pretty sure we learned this name for them in sex ed? I’m not sure if testes or testicles is more medical or formal tbh

3 Likes

testes is more medical, i think, but both would probably be fine. i don’t think i’ve heard testes used (unironically) in informal situations, but testicles i have heard🤷‍♀️

4 Likes