Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

branch

Yeah, this one’s almost got me.

desert

Unfortunately, the cake is some 25 levels away :smiley:

8 Likes

Thanks, I added that to the block list!

4 Likes

I guess the concepts are somewhat related, (if you expect something you can explain it when it happens, and “I expected this” can be used to explain it to yourself) but…

4 Likes

@Mods block list candidate?

4 Likes

Sure thing, thanks for the heads up. I’ve just added it to the block list.

3 Likes

2d5vlra9ody51

18 Likes

That one was quite the typo…

And here’s a blunder. While it’s not even close to the WK answers, 向ける could technically be translated as ‘to turn towards’ according to Jisho.org. In this case, however, I’m not sure if ‘face towards’ even exists as a verb + preposition pair in English.

@Mods is this a candidate for the block list?

2 Likes

A digression, but FWIW it seems fine to me, both as intransitive and transitive. You can find examples on google by looking for “they face towards” (intransitive) or “face them towards” (transitive). (Searching for “face towards” alone gets a lot of hits where ‘face’ is a noun, eg “he turned his face towards her”.)

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying! I mostly thought about the latter – ‘X turned their face towards Y’ with face as noun – being the only possibility in this case. But now that you showed the examples of face + towards with face as a verb, I can see that the ‘face towards’ combination works too.
So my blunder may not be a blunder after all :open_mouth:

4 Likes

As @pm215 says, I think this might actually be ok, although it is not an officially accepted meaning so I’ll still put it through to the content team to see what they think. Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

I think it’s a good candidate for the blacklist
@Mods

1 Like

I’ll add “to start” to the meanings block list for 苦しめる. Thanks!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Mine didn’t get accepted😭 yes I am illiterate

6 Likes

果てる: to end
I typed “to” instinctively since it was a verb but then just typed “idk” because thats what I do when I give up. It accepted “to idk” as a correct answer. I have a picture but its not on the computer I am using to post this.

3 Likes

@Mods probably add to the blocklist.

1 Like

6 Likes

Added, thanks!

1 Like

oh no

6 Likes

6 Likes