Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

I mean really. What the heck is this. (For anyone under my level it should be 'dangerous’

244 Likes

It sounds so much like a Harry Potter spell. Excellent. :joy:

ANGERIUS!flicks wand at enemy
enemy starts getting mad at own shoe

edit: help i made this post without a filter and I just realized this is the dorkiest thing I’ve ever posted

285 Likes

someone casts it on me
“For the last time, it’s angerius, NOT angerius
starts getting angry

159 Likes

One that really got me was that WK will accept ‘sealed letter’ as a correct answer for ‘unsealed letter’, and vice-versa, because there’s only two letters difference. So I’d actually been inputting the wrong answer for at least one of those items the whole time.

95 Likes

My favorite is 為 and 偽 which mean sake and fake respectively, and both take either answer, no questions asked lol

93 Likes

I’m using the close but no cigar script, so the worst typo it accepts is when I use the “singular” instead of the “plural”:

72 Likes

I put down ‘initialise’ instead of ‘utilise’ for 用いるand it accepted it and I was like oh. Wait. That’s not right.

43 Likes

I answered “personality” for 私自身 about six times before I realised the answer was actually “personally”…

116 Likes

昇 … “ass end”
Though, honestly, I was goofing around and intended to fail the word to push it down in the SRS queue, but instead burned it.

88 Likes

“Bellow” instead of below for 下 which is a completely different thing

27 Likes

I think this is probably the worst one I’ve had:

123 Likes

I keep writing “Experiment” instead of “Experience” for 経験 and it’s accepted…

24 Likes

@daines what’s the correct answer for that one? I haven’t seen it yet

1 Like

“Ascend”. It’s lvl 27.

7 Likes

“to be not sufficient” for “to be sufficient” ^^"

16 Likes

Maybe not the worst, but the typo that made me laugh the most was when I unwittingly typed “Impossiburu” instead of Impossible, and I didn’t notice until I had actually submitted the answer and it came back green.

261 Likes

i once wrote “adjective” for 形容動詞 and didn’t realize until i got to the end of the session and was like… wait, wasn’t i supposed to have learned “na adjective” in this batch?

13 Likes

I more tend to save screenshots of my really stupid typos that DON’T get accepted, but I do have a few

atriie
It’s only two letters off but it doesn’t even look like it’s in the same realm as the right answer

I’m guessing this hit the bare edge of typo forgiveness off of “to reevaluate” but uh…meant to unburn this one, I should do that now

humprope
One letter makes all the difference between something innocent and not so innocent

pinosh
I like the sound of this one…pinosh…

81 Likes

43 Likes

I once typo’d a W to an S and answered white as “shite” and it got greenlit, so yeah.

54 Likes