Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Needed a rant…

4 Likes

You can add custom synonyms. It’s in the left-hand sidebar. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I went with a very literal guess.

11 Likes

Thank you sir/madam

2 Likes

I get the two confused all the time :upside_down_face:

But, seriously I once typed big sis instead of older sister and it didn’t take it, but somehow this is acceptable lol

And how the heck did I misspell road :joy:

16 Likes

It doesn’t look for synonyms, it looks to how plausible it is that you meant to type the correct answer and just made a bunch of typos. If that probability is low enough, the answer is counted as incorrect. Typing big while meaning to type older is quite improbable, so the system thinks you meant to type big, which is in none of the synonyms. You are allowed to create your own user synonyms though, so go ahead and add “big sister” as one of your synonyms.

Also, if you don’t think it’s fair that that item now gets moved back in the SRS, have a look at this script below. Make sure you don’t abuse it though!

5 Likes

I actually think I deserved to get it knocked back. I was in a hurry and was rushing through my reviews, so basically it was my fault haha

3 Likes

Meh… I’ll take it!

6 Likes

I’m a super lazy typer so i ended up just adding “two bread” and “loaf” as user synonyms

7 Likes

A railroad cat you say…

24 Likes

I don’t have a picture but I remember when learning 妹 it would accept older sister… so I got very confused between 妹 and 姉.

3 Likes

Aaah I should too but I also like leaving things as they are :man_facepalming:

i remember mistaking the ‘root’ radical as ‘good’, just because of one freakin dot difference
//still passed anyways

5 Likes

I found these two on my screenshots gallery:

10 Likes

urgh

41 Likes

Dicing an Onion by Chef Jean Pierre - YouTube :eyes:

21 Likes

Ahh, this thread has been bringing me joy for a hiel now and finally I can add my own:

It is not that far off, but I read that in an overly German accent and couldn’t help laughing out loud :smiley:

21 Likes

I hate unnecessary long explanations, so I added a synonym “bread” for each
~斤 —> breads
二斤 ----> two breads

Perhaps not entirely as specific, but I have now committed to memory that the kanji refers to “loaves of bread” and I doubt I’ll forget any time soon after this :smiley:

10 Likes

Well played :joy:

4 Likes

8 Likes