Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

5 Likes

bless you WK devs, where would I be without you? ‘spring’

8 Likes

did this on purpose, may be worth it to block?

4 Likes

I don’t think it should have accepted “past” when a better definition is “future”

1 Like

I do not know what’s happening…
Old thread but this really surprised me xD

6 Likes

I had no idea what I was looking at. I completely forgot this one so I put down a filler answer and well…

Maybe I should put money in the lottery…

13 Likes

@Mods perhaps one for the block list since it’s visually similar to descendent?

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, we’ll add it to the block list.

2 Likes

Here’s a candidate for the block list, I think :smiley:
Thinking in terms of western counting almost got me here.

@Mods

More of a bonus one:

should be sleep

I was about to go to slepp when I was doing these reviews, at least that’s my excuse…

6 Likes

I’ve added “one million yen” and “1 million yen” to block list.

8 Likes

I think when you write the kanji that lazily, “slepp” is a perfectly valid translation. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ha, I guess so :smile:

That’s one of the fonts I currently use for reviews and while it looks really wonky at times, I think it helped me pick up the more raw style of actual written Japanese. For example, I was really surprised by how handwritten fonts deal with “now” kanji or “orders” kanji.

I’m wondering if this is widespread, but I’ll probably just ask it in another thread, not to derail too much :durtle_noice:

1 Like

12 Likes

this is fun to try to say

I got frustrated with my reviews, when the radical for clan (level seven radical) appeared I typed the F-word and it accepted it.

4 Likes

That’s because “duck” is its old name, and still remains on the hidden allow list.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Peach on Earth and good dill to all men.

11 Likes

@Mods maybe add that one to the block list as well? (also yes, I am tired and stupid and knew it started with “c” and that I recently learnt it… both appear around the same levels, so I have an excuse.)

5 Likes

Hey thanks for the catch and the ping! We will get ‘contract’ added to the block list!

1 Like