Your favourite Kanji?

4 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

I think mine would be 紙. No idea why though. Maybe the fact that it looks cool to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

My second favorite would be 妹, cause I am precisely that. :blush:

4 Likes

I really like 者, it’s just fun to write.

1 Like

楽 has a fun* and positive vibe to it and that’s how it’s used; music, paradise, enjoyment, pleasure, ease, optimism. :slight_smile:

*especially if you write it by hand, it’s fun to write.

6 Likes

I’m a fan of these. They’re clever. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

So far I like 外 best because of the mnemonic I had to remember. Every time I come across this kanji, I remember the god-forsaken evening toes that catch fire.

Oh and also 午 because summoning this kanji means sacrificing children at a playground as Godzilla wills it.

1 Like

藤 is great aesthetically, as is 蘭 (I just kinda like flowers and trees :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

It is simple, looks cool, I like the readings and I love winter (also I’m born in winter).

3 Likes

Very fond of 愛. Pretty obvious pick but it’s beautiful, has a lovely meaning, it’s pretty useful, and it’s really fun to write. I’ve considered using it as my Japanese name if I do a homestay in a couple years.

4 Likes

My favorite is 死 because I’ve seen it more than twice in Sekiro.

4 Likes

One of my favorite kanji I like to whip out is 鬮. An absolutely nutty one if I do say so myself, I’ve honestly not encountered many kanji that come close to its “weirdness.” Perhaps 釁, but that just looks like a blob on most screens, lest it not render at all.

1 Like

I really like 死

Maybe because I’ve seen it a million times playing Sekiro :thinking:

Ha, okay I didn’t see this post but glad I’m not the only one!

4 Likes

Heh. It looks kinda like an amidakuji.

I like a lot of those mentioned already. I also really like this kanji compound 虫歯, not for it’s meaning but for its look, satisfying to write, for the wierdness of the idea of a tooth bug, it amuses me for some reason…

3 Likes

The 恥 in はずかしい --I can easily imagine when you’re embarrassed and your heart is pounding in your bright red ears!

And 嘘 cause lies are just that; just a mouth with no true meaning or substance coming out of it😆

1 Like

傘 is definitely my favourite looks wise. Don’t even know if its really used that much over the kana but it’s definitely what it looks like! And then we have the beauty that is から傘. :joy:

3 Likes

I love everything involving magic so of course 魔 is my favorite.

4 Likes

火山 is mine. It was my first ‘lightbulb’ moment in a brand new foray into a strange language that made a lot of connections click into place.

7 Likes

I have fond memories of 愛, but my favorite kanji is probably 涼. I like writing 涼しい and 涼む.

Difficult question. So many fun kanji!

2 Likes