You know you’ve been WKing when

Happened to me too, a few days ago…gruesome…
「神奈川県座間市のアパートの部屋で、切断された9人の遺体が見つかり…」

5 Likes

My typing has gotten way worse because of this site training me to be only approximate.

22 Likes

… when you find a new kanji (鷲) and think “Ok, it’s a capital, a dog and a bird… oh wait, capital and dog is settle in, so it’s settle in and bird… A bird that settles in… Now, I wonder what it might be…” than look it up the jisho.org and then “Ah, so it’s an eagle! A bird that settles in is an eagle. Wow, she settles in, わし”…

12 Likes

When your sleep schedule is determined by whether or not WK reviews or lessons are coming.

26 Likes

…whenn you type nn twice everytime it’s at the end of a word

111 Likes

This is my favorite one so far.

I just got 女の子 for burning, and the peril I had to face making sure I didn’t type おんあのこ or おなのこ was almost too much.

62 Likes

When you practice random kanji on the paper table cloth at a restaurant with the crayons provided to your kid cousins, and the Asian waiter tries to make sense of it while clearing the table.

46 Likes

You know you’ve been WKing when…

People ask you what you do for a living and you answer “reviews”.

76 Likes

…when you get the lesson for the 3rd goddamn vocab for employment (従業・就業・雇用) and then you realize it has no synonyms so at least kaniwani will automatically link them all together and you breathe a huge sigh of relief. :disappointed_relieved:

(meanwhile these other level 39 vocabs are so abstract in meaning i just know i’m gonna get my ass kicked)

12 Likes

Basically, I got my ass kicked for any vocab somewhere above level 30.

8 Likes

Can confirm, ass is being kicked.

12 Likes

Actually me, all day, every day. I see many others have pulled this quote also, so I’m no longer sorry.

13 Likes

And then get angry when Kaniwani doesn’t accept the one you used! :smiley:

8 Likes

Something to look forward to for the ones of us under 30…

7 Likes

When you learn 天の川 from WK, and you think “when will I ever use this, I’m not an astronomer…”, and you pickup a story book, and…there it is on page 1! And your like “whoah, I just used it!”.

23 Likes

THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE

13 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54815699.jpg

sorry couldn’t help myself

4 Likes

Eventually you get to the point where you can read compound words (as in, pronunciation), but still have no idea of what they mean

19 Likes

…And circumstance. And important. And expectation.

7 Likes

…when you think when would 作文 (composition) every be useful but then you hear it used in your anime (Gintama if anyone was curious)
…when you kick yourself for forgetting to double tap dat n to make it a ん. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve written 今夜 as こにゃ instead of こんや. :crying_cat_face:

28 Likes