You know you’ve been WKing when

Exactly. Kantan deshou?

3 Likes

Is that a thing? I learned you simply cannot count with the general つ counter when you have more than 10 things.

That is, you’d need a specific counter, like 人 、個、本

Is this… Unnecessary? :open_mouth:

1 Like

…when you see a word you’ve seen a hundred times already on Bunpro and realize you finally know all the kanji in it → 自転車

4 Likes

When ypu are counting people you always need a specific counter. If you know the counter for what you are counting, you should use it.

1 Like

That’s super helpful, thank you so much! ToT

1 Like

when you spend all your time reading forum threads about the fine points of jpn grammar even though you barely know the basics

52 Likes

At level 35 you muse to yourself “A turtle is not a camel”…

3 Likes

When you start calling your friends narwhal stools.
(Bonus if they know what that means :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

10 Likes

When you develop hemorrhoids :tired_face: :poop::red_circle::hot_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

When you tour Japan, instead of the scenery you take photos of kanji :

30 Likes

When you spend 30 minutes trying to differentiate the nuances of scent, smell, aroma, odor, and stench.

In English… your native language… for absolutely no reason.

21 Likes

In a similar vein, thinking “are laws and rules really thaaaat different? Can’t I just give myself a pass here?”
法則, 規則, and 法規 all feel like the same word to me so I keep getting them wrong.
Same for 販売 and 商売.

7 Likes

I had that a while back for marsh, bog, wetlands, swamp and fen. Always thought they were the exact same.

10 Likes

I went on twitter and as soon as I started liking tweets I began to worry about my like count :sob::joy:

11 Likes

You fall sleep for few seconds during your night reviews and when you wake up your finger is still pressing the keyboarddddddddddddddddddd.

7 Likes

You get to enlightened level on vocab only to realize that the word WK chose to describe the Kanji is using the other (English) meaning that you had thought it was…

6 Likes

Can someone translate that? I know most of the kanji but not all

3 Likes

“University Property
No parking unless permitted
~Hiroshima University”

9 Likes

When given the choice between games and work, you pick WaniKani and the forums.

15 Likes

When you spell @jprspereira as @anon56844372 because of how late you stayed up to finish your reviews

4 Likes