Yotsuba weekly live reading: Finished... for now

Doesn’t it just?! I’ve not (re)read chapters 5 and 6 yet, and we’re doing them tomorrow! It’s going to be a late night tonight!

Me neither. Will try to squeeze in some time tomorrow. I might join a little later, because there’s a protest I want to attend.

3 Likes

:0

1 Like

Of course will I wear a mask. I’ll even wear a neck gaiter over my mask for added protection. :+1:

1 Like

Wear a paper bag with the black ghost drawn on it.

2 Likes

No Yotsuba!
No Peace!

What do we want!
ジュラルミン!

I guess you’re picketing your local bookshop until they provide volume 14?

2 Likes

Thank you again to everyone who came along this week! It was great fun! See you next week for chapters 7 and 8! Into volume 2 already! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

See everyone in a couple of hours!

Thank you again so much everyone for such a great reading!

I can’t believe how quickly we are getting through the books - personally I’m dreading when we hit vol.9 as that is where all my own reading, notes, and translations stop and I’ll be floundering… but, you know, sink or swim! In the meantime, all this is great practice for me and I really appreciate reading together with such a wonderful group of people. Thank you!

And see you next week!

3 Likes

looks like I need to make another trip to the bookstore soon :+1:

3 Likes

Today was my first experience actually taking a role and reading out loud in one of these sessions (I was too nervous before), and I really enjoyed it!

I don’t think I could have done it in any other setting. It’s thanks to the support of you good people that I could read today. You’ve really given me so much confidence. Thank you!

One of my weaknesses is that I almost never read out loud (partly, it has to be said, because I suffer from muscular tension dysphonia, which is a terrible condition of the voice), but now I have a really good reason to practice and I’ll be doing that this week in preparation for next week’s session!

Thank you again to everyone who came along today, and hope to see you again next week!

And to anyone who has never joined us for a Yotsuba live reading… don’t be shy! It’s a lot of fun and you are very welcome to join us!

4 Likes

Noo, I missed it!

1 Like

And we missed you! :cry:

1 Like

Today was brilliant fun - as usual!

It was all fantastic, and I really loved @2OC3aOdKgwSGlxfz reading the sound of Jambo nearly drowning in the pool on page 124, and your new mic @mks is wonderful! Your voice was loud and clear!

Thank you all so much and see you next week. And, for anyone who would like to join us - jump on in, it’s really good fun!

2 Likes

I actually only switched browsers and adjusted the microphone sensitivity. But I take the compliment. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, it certainly did the trick, and the compliment is well deserved! Your voice sounded great!

:wave: Hi, there! I’m trying to push myself out of my comfort zone and try more reading & speaking so this seems great! To make sure I understand, next week on Jul 17th is the next reading at 8pm PST in the よつばと voice channel of the discord group? And it’ll be covering Chapters 9 & 10 of this volume?

2 Likes

That was indeed something. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s actually 13 & 14, but yeah!

@_Marcus Don’t forget to edit the chapters! :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry, my mistake, I didn’t update the chapters in the OP. Next week it will be chapters 13 and 14, the final two chapters of volume 2. And yes, in the Yotsuba voice channel of the discord group. You are very welcome! We usually allot roles, read, then take turns translating a page at a time and helping each-other out! See you there! :+1:

Oh yes! I updated the date, and the thread title, but missed the chapters in the OP! Thank you for pointing it out! Nice one! :+1:

1 Like