Yearly sale day!

Today’s the day, but I’m not able to buy it yet. I guess 1:00 AM is too early, haha. Does anyone know when the sale goes live?

The email didn’t say how long the sale lasts, so I don’t want to miss it. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m here in Japan, is 3:25 PM and I dont know how to apply.
Went to the early access page and says is over. I’m quite confused if the sale is going to happen or already over now.

I’ll check it out when I get up tomorrow, I’m sure it will be open then. I’ve been waiting for weeks.

Based on the previous sales I think it goes for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

If I’ve got a few weeks then I guess I don’t have to worry. Hopefully the sale comes on soon though. :slight_smile:

Shhh… this is just between you and me, but the Tofugu Store sale might have already begun :shushing_face:

WaniKani lifetime account sale is coming soon too (sometimes tomorrow) — It’s still Dec 15th, here in Portland. The Crabigator is still asleep😉

32 Likes

Man, thanks for letting me in on that secret! I owe you one

3 Likes

Oh wow! I didn’t even know the Tofugu store was having a sale!

I am 14 dollars poorer and couldn’t be happier. Can’t wait for the pin to arrive. Thanks for letting me in on the secret. :3

2 Likes

:eyes:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Take my お金! Take my お金!

7 Likes

This is nice. Thanks for the tip. I’ve been meaning to buy from the store.

Wow look at you, what an お金持ち you must be

3 Likes

I wish you had WK apparel. I just don’t have anything to put stickers on…

P.S. OMG it’s Kanae! Love the podcast :grin:

2 Likes

Has anybody used the ebooks? Japanese particles in Action and the 4500 sentences?

Is the particle book worth it over the free resources on the website?
Has anybody first hand experience with the 4500 sentences?

Howdy, level neighbor.
I recently learned that word too!

2 Likes

Hey, I scoped your profile pic in the community feed… Which implies that you use Rust.

I’ve been learning Rust a little recently. I felt like I was just getting the hang of pointers in C, but now Rust stirs the pot with ownership and references, etc… I still find it much more agreeable than C, though.

What sorts of things have you programmed using the language?

2 Likes

Hey! It’s nice seeing other people interested in rust.

I don’t have that much professional experience with rust :confused: . I’ve read the book a while ago, however I didn’t get to use it that much. I come from a background of C, and have also a strong command of assembly. What I’ve been doing recently is solving advent of code 2020 challenges. It has mostly basic problems, which are perfect when learning a new language. I’d recommend starting there. I’d also recommend Jon Gjengset’s YT channel, which has many hour-long, highly in-depth videos on rust mechanics. It’s worth watching even if you don’t code along.

PM me if you want to continue the conversation, so that we don’t derail the thread.

4 Likes

Thank you! Finally got Particles in Action and the 4500 Japanese Sentences!!!

2 Likes

i’m waiting for the subscription sale, been waiting for months… i just checked and it’s not come on yet. hope they will continue it this year!! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

It’s only 7am in Oregon, so their workday probably hasn’t started just yet. Don’t worry, it will definitely be today!

1 Like

im so ready