Yay more Neko Atsume Questions

Context Sentence:
ぼよんぼよんとはねる
ゴム製の赤いボール
柔らかさと弾力で飽きがこない!

Context Within the game: I am about to buy a red rubber ball, and this is the description for it.

Tip: (はねる is 跳ねる)

Question (s):

1. 飽きがこない seems to mean to not get tired of something, but what does the がこない do? And can こない work the same without the が?
  2. ぼよんぼよん plus the と seem to make ぼよんぼよんand adjective for はねる, does the と make it an adjective or something else going on?
  3. Is 柔らかさ another form of 柔らかい? If so, what adjective form is it?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

こない is the negative form of くる, so I’d say that part of the sentence says weariness (飽き) doesn’t/will not come. (x)

This is more of a guess to me but と can be used as “with”, so it feels to me like the ball jumps/hops with a “boingboing”. (x)

Adding さ behind an i-adjective means you turn the adjective into a noun. So in this case, gentle/soft becomes gentleness/softness (x)

6 Likes

I would give you more likes but I can’t, thank you so much

1 Like

You’ve already gotten a good answer so I’ll just elaborate on the second point.

This is actually the quotation と. It’s effectively quoting the sound effect represented by the onomatopoeia ぼよんぼよん and applying it to the action はねる.

3 Likes

Oh cool! That was the one I wasn’t sure about it.
So I could go like

うろうろとあるく

Yep, I believe so.

1 Like

It’s not unusual for the subject-marking が to get dropped in casual conversation, which means you might hear this expression without it. From a textbook grammar perspective, it’s required.

It’s kind of like if you’re studying English you will hear “gonna” but on a test you’d have to answer with “going to”.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.