๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

April 6 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

Doing my cool new thing where I post the next day and definitely donโ€™t forget to do so until the next dayโ€™s halfway over :joy: Yesterday I scoped out the rest of this weekโ€™s 999 reading which was fun as always! Lots going on :eyes: I also had a cool moment of confirmed progress; I remember back when I was playing it last year I said something about not getting to โ€œcharacter introductionsโ€ for like 12 hours, but this time around it only took me like 2 hours to get there! Now thatโ€™s growth :grin: always nice to see!

If itโ€™s any reassurance, the first scene this week is definitely on the longer side, I was feeling it :laughing:

24 Likes

April 7 :heavy_check_mark:

ๅ››็•ณๅŠ็ฅž่ฉฑๅคง็ณป, start-5%

So today I started Tatami Galaxy, and managed to read a bit more than half of this weekโ€™s portion. I will admit, it is difficult. Thereโ€™s a particular way the author expresses himself that is just harder to parse at first. It does get better after a while though, and itโ€™s definitely not the hardest thing Iโ€™ve read so far, not by a long shot. Unless something changes dramatically later, I feel L43 may be excessive.
As I read, I remember the relevant parts of the anime (how could I even think I had a hope of understanding by just listening? :rofl:), and all the characters already have faces and specific mannerisms in my head. I wonder what impression I would form if I hadnโ€™t watched it.
All in all, it looks like it will be fun.

@enbyboiwonder Thank you for the detailed answer. Fair enough, and by all means, if reading a book clubโ€™s posts is in any way unpleasant to you, you obviously need not take part. Iโ€™ll just say that a club is never a uniform group, itโ€™s just random different people who chose to read the same book, often not even at the same time. And if people who like a book donโ€™t take part because of people who donโ€™t, then the discussion becomes way too one-sided. Everyone has something to offer. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // April 7 :cherry_blossom: :blossom:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ 4 (32% โ†’ 35%)
ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ 1 (78% โ†’ 95%)

Something happened and I had to reread from the first volume. Itโ€™s been over a year since I read it with the book club. Iโ€™m super confused. Might ask Nafu later.

22 Likes

:raccoon: :seedling: :cherry_blossom: The Reading Meadow :cherry_blossom: :seedling: :raccoon:

April 7th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 26.64% // Volume III: 99.15% :pinching_hand:

Internetโ€™s been dodgy all day, only just been able to connect properly and now itโ€™s pretty much bed time, so many much small iddybiddy read.

Words found in a tree stump

I read like a paragraph, so the stump is very much empty

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 15??
(Currently 1569/70)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant
โ€“ ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also called: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
ๅทๅฃ ๅฎ—ๅ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใใก ใ‚€ใญใ‹ใคใ€(Common name: ไน…ๅŠฉใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ—ฅๆฏ”้‡Ž ๅ…ญๅคงๅคซใ€Œใฒใณใฎ ใ‚ใใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€
ๆขถ็”ฐ ็›ด็นใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใŸ ใชใŠใ—ใ’ใ€(also called: ้šผไบบใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใ€)
ๆพๅŽŸ ๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
โ€“ ๅ €ๅฐพ ๆณฐๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅ‰ไน…ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใฒใ•ใ€) - Father
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(also called: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ ๅฐšๆธ…ใ€Œใ„ใ„ใฎใŠ ใฒใ•ใใ‚ˆใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
่’ๆœจ ๆ‘้‡ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‰ใ ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ—ใ’ใ€

Matsudaira Clan โ†’ name change to โ†’ Tokugawa Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€(name change: ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Leader of the Matsudaira Clan
โ€“ ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€- Eldest son

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also called: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€// new name because itโ€™s a new year so why not, letโ€™s have a new name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ ใพใ•ใ‹ใค) - Leader of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€- Wife
โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Eldest son
โ€“ ๅˆๅ้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Cousin

ๆธก่พบ ๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้•ทไบ• ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Retainer

Ujiie Clan
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€- Military Commander

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ็พฉ็ตฑใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใšใฟ ๏ผ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Military Commander

Kanbe Clan
ๅฑฑ่ทฏ ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ˜ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Military Commander

Date Clan
ไผŠ้” ๆ”ฟๅฎ—ใ€Œใ ใฆ / ใ„ใ ใฆ ใพใ•ใ‚€ใญใ€(also know as: ็‹ฌ็œผ้พใ€Œใ ใใŒใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€(one-eyed dragon) - Leader of the Date clan

Miyoshi Clan
ๅๆฒณ ๅญ˜ไฟใ€Œใใ”ใ† ใพใ•ใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander

Mino Province
ๅคงๆฒข ๆฌก้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใ•ใ‚ ใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ่™Žใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใ€) - Lord of Unuma Castle
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้พ่ˆˆใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใŸใคใŠใใ€- Daimyo

Military Commanders
ไธ็ ด ๅ…‰ๆฒปใ€Œใตใ‚ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€(also called: ๅนณๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎšๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ•ใ ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ็ฏ„ไฟŠใ€Œใฎใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
โ€“ ็ซนไธญ ๅ–„ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใœใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Subordinate

Aki Province
็ฆๅณถ ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใ„ใกใพใคใ€- Son of Hideyoshiโ€™s aunt

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅนฝๆ–Žใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ•ใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Military Commander

Unaffiliated
ๆต็“Šใ€Œใˆใ‘ใ„ใ€- Travelling monk
ๅฐพๅทž ้ขจๅฎขใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚…ใ† ใตใ†ใใ‚ƒใใ€- Mountain Hermit
ๅƒๅˆฉไผ‘ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใฎใ‚Šใใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Ultimate tea master
ๆ›ฝๅ‘‚ๅˆฉ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใ†ใ‚Š ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(also know as: ๆ‰ๆœฌใ€Œใ™ใŽใ‚‚ใจใ€) ใƒผ Scabbard maker

21 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: ๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ—ๆ—ฅ :tulip: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

I have been slowly picking through Making Sense of Japanese by Jay Rubin (on @NicoleIsEnoughโ€™s recommendation! i think, at least, i couldnโ€™t actually remember what thread it was in but pretty sure) and it is really really wonderful. Iโ€™ve had a lot of chances to get some experience in dealing with the suffering passive in these last chapters of ๅ››ๆœˆใฏๅ›ใฎๅ™“ alongside it, and his way of describing it has made things super clear to me

Read:
ๅ››ๆœˆใฏๅ›ใฎๅ™“ ch 7, 8, done with volume 2!

Word(s) of the Day:
ๆคœๆŸป๏ผˆใ‘ใ‚“ใ•๏ผ‰ใƒผ inspection
ๆจใฟ๏ผˆใ†ใ‚‰ใฟ๏ผ‰ใƒผ grudge, resentment
ๆจกๆง˜โ€˜๏ผˆใ‚‚ใ‚ˆใ†๏ผ‰ใƒผ indicates that something seems likely (e.g. rain or storm, after a noun)
ใญใšใฟ่‰ฒ๏ผˆใญใšใฟใ„ใ‚๏ผ‰ใƒผ dark grey, slate color (cute! mouse color! :mouse: )
็ขŒใซ๏ผˆใ‚ใใซ๏ผ‰ใƒผ (not) well; (not) properly; (not) enough; (not) sufficiently; (not) satisfactorily; (not) decentlyโ€‹

22 Likes

Apr 7, Fri of Week 2 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

• DoBJG: a [1-4/7] - ใ‚ใ’ใ‚‹(1-2), ใ‚ใ„ใ , ใ‚ใพใ‚Š

I have to try out how to read dictionary entries.

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.5 (18-27%)

Then, I fell asleep. Day End.

Words of the day
  • ใคใพใฟ้ฃŸ(ใ)ใ„ = eating with oneโ€™s fingers
  • ๅทฎ(ใ•)ใ—ๅˆ(ใ‚)ใ„ = hindrance (e.g. between two people, for action). In the IME, there are also versions that omit one or both Okurigana.
  • ไผšๅˆ(ใ‹ใ„ใ”ใ†) = meeting; gathering
  • ้‡Žๅฟƒๅฎถ(ใ‚„ใ—ใ‚“ใ‹) = ambitious person
  • ๅผ•็Ž‡(ใ„ใ‚“ใใค) = leading; guiding
  • ๅˆถๅœง(ใ›ใ„ใ‚ใค) = gaining control
  • ็Œฟไบบ(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = ape man. I didnโ€™t really this On reading for ็Œฟ(ใ•ใ‚‹).
    • ๅŽŸไบบ(ใ’ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = primitive man. ๆ–ฐไบบ(ใ—ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = modern Homo Sapiens.
  • ๅ…ญๅ้€ฒๆณ•(ใ‚ใใ˜ใฃใ—ใ‚“ใปใ†) = base 60 number. ๏ฝž้€ฒๆณ•(ใ—ใ‚“ใปใ†) is number base, like ๅ้€ฒๆณ•(ใ˜ใฃใ—ใ‚“ใปใ†) or ไบŒ้€ฒๆณ•(ใซใ—ใ‚“ใปใ†).
  • ๆบ€(ใฟ)ใกๆฌ (ใ‹)ใ‘ = waxing and waning (of the Moon)
  • ๅคช้™ฐๆšฆ(ใŸใ„ใ„ใ‚“ใ‚Œใ) = lunar calendar. Opposite is ๅคช้™ฝๆšฆ(ใŸใ„ใ‚ˆใ†ใ‚Œใ).
  • ่ฑกๅฝข(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‘ใ„) = hieroglyphics
  • ใ‚ทใƒซใ‚ฏใƒญใƒผใƒ‰(.) = Silk Road
  • ๆฎท(ใ„ใ‚“) = Yin Dynasty of China = Shang Dynasty (ๅ•†ๆœ), 1600 BCE. Creation of ็”ฒ้ชจๆ–‡ๅญ—(ใ“ใ†ใ“ใคใ‚‚ใ˜).
  • ๅ‘จ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†) = Zhou Dynasty of China, 1046 BCE. Time of Confucius.
    • ๅ„’ๅญฆ(ใ˜ใ‚…ใŒใ) = Confucianism. Confucius is ๅญ”ๅญ(ใ“ใ†ใ—).
  • ็งฆ(ใ—ใ‚“) = Qin Dynasty of China, 221 BCE
  • ้ป„ๆฒณ(ใ“ใ†ใŒ) = Yellow River
  • ้•ทๆฑŸ(ใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ“ใ†) = Yangtze River. I am starting to be more OK with Chinese than Englishโ€ฆ
  • ใƒใƒฉใƒขใƒณๆ•™(ใใ‚‡ใ†) = Brahminism of India. Eventually shaped Hinduism.

Kanji

• ็Œฟ(ใ•ใ‚‹) (Level 46)
    • ใ‚จใƒณ
      • ็Œฟไบบ(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“), ย  ย  ้‡Ž็Œฟ(ใ‚„ใˆใ‚“), ย  ย  ไธ‰็Œฟ(ใ•ใ‚“ใˆใ‚“)
      • ็Šฌ็Œฟ(ใ‘ใ‚“ใˆใ‚“)ใฎไปฒ(ใชใ‹)
      • ๆ„้ฆฌๅฟƒ็Œฟ(ใ„ใฐใ—ใ‚“ใˆใ‚“)
      • ็Œฟ็Œดๆœˆ(ใˆใ‚“ใ“ใ†ใคใ)ใ‚’ๅ–(ใจ)ใ‚‹
20 Likes

:hibiscus:April 7:hibiscus:
|||||Home Post|||||

:white_flower:Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžๅŸบๆœฌๆ–‡ๆณ•่พžๅ…ธใƒปpg. 42
Looked at the differences between ่พžๅ…ธใƒปไบ‹ๅ…ธ ใ€Œใ˜ใฆใ‚“ใ€and ่พžๆ›ธใ€Œใ˜ใ—ใ‚‡ใ€
Wrote down some questions I had to look at for April 8th.

:video_game:ไบŒใƒŽๅ›ฝ็™ฝใ่–็ฐใฎๅฅณ็Ž‹ใƒป็ฒพ้œŠใฎ็ฅžๆฎฟใงใ€่ฉฆ็ทดใ‚’ไน—ใ‚Š่ถŠใˆใ‚ˆใ†๏ผ
Worked on side quests and progressed the story a little. I want to get my team all to at least level 15 before continuing on with the story line, since this game likes to spring boss battles on you. ใ‚ทใ‚บใ‚ฏ drops MP restores pretty regularly in battle, but as things are progressing, I find myself using more ใ™ใฃใใ‚Šใ‚ณใƒผใƒ’ใƒผ to restore MP in the longer battles/boss battles.

18 Likes

Home

ใƒป๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ—ๆ—ฅใƒป

The biggest piece of evidence that Iโ€™m ADHD: caffeine causes me to speedrun from normal tired to โ€œstayed up way too long and now feel weird and am sorta loopyโ€ tired. Itโ€™s almost as bad as Benadryl. Coffee was not a good ideaโ€ฆ

• first ch of xxxHOLiC vol 5. This arc is what gave me the impression that thereโ€™s a superstition that hydrangea grow where thereโ€™s a dead body. I donโ€™t know how common it is, though; I think this arc is the only time Iโ€™ve come across it, though that doesnโ€™t necessarily mean anything.
    Anyone familiar with Doraemon know if Nobita is prone to crying? Everyone this chapter was like โ€œๆณฃใใชใŒใ‚‰ๆฅใŸใฎใญใ€‚ใฎใณๅคชใฟใŸใโ€ (โ€œๆณฃใ„ใฆใชใ„ใ‚ˆ!โ€) to Watanuki. Searching โ€œใฎใณๅคชโ€ just brought up the Doraemon character, but his page on Wikipedia didnโ€™t mention anything about crying.
  • 20 pages of ใ‚ตใƒžใƒผใ‚ตใ‚คใƒ€ใƒผ, leaving off on pg 172. Weโ€™re back to Mizuโ€™s POV in ch 4, and thereโ€™s actually been some development on the Megumi/Mizu leg of the love triangle, in both the present and past. This chapter is like 77 pages long, so unfortunately I am not capable of finishing it in a single day, especially one where I had work. Doubly so when I have ill-advised caffeine. (Iโ€™m not even entirely sure I could on a non-work day if I didnโ€™t read in EN, as they take totally different amounts of energy. I did read the entirety of Howlโ€™s Moving Castle on the 3rd, when I read 31 pages between ้€ใ้€šใฃใŸ้ขจใŒๅนใ„ใฆ and Summer Cider, but I donโ€™t think ~400 pages in EN equals ~45 pages in JP. I was reading ~60 pages of Theft of Swords while I was reading ~40 of Summer Ciderโ€ฆ)
The illustration for this chapter looks cool

Admittedly though Iโ€™m not sure who it is. I feel like Sano would make the most sense, especially as this should be the chapter where we reach the point that he dies during the middle school thread of the story, but then this would be the only time someone outside the three kids appears in an illustration. After that, I feel like it would be Miuraโ€”thematically, plus there were a couple times from Mizuโ€™s POV where it was mentioned you could see his scapula through his shirt and it looked like a single wing (I donโ€™t think the same was ever mentioned of Megumi, but I could be misremembering that)โ€”but I canโ€™t tell if his hair is long enough to be him. The only other option is Megumi, but it doesnโ€™t feel like it would be him.

Some vocab of note:

่“‘่™ซ (ใฟใฎใ‚€ใ—) [n.] bagworm moth. Iโ€™m sure I knew the word from AC, but I didnโ€™t know the kanji.
็ฟ…่„ˆ (ใ—ใฟใ‚ƒใ) [n.] veins in an insect wing. ็ฟ… (ใฏใญ) is a kanji/word for โ€œwingโ€ that specifically refers to insect wings (well I guess technically the word is ใฏใญ and the kanji provides the nuance, but whatever).
ใƒŸใƒณใƒŸใƒณใ‚ผใƒŸ [n.] robust cicada (Oncotympana maculaticollis). I used to think the dog day cicadas we get here were robust cicadas because the only cicadas I knew were from AC, and even for a while after learning the game is Japanese, it still didnโ€™t occur to me that the bugs wouldnโ€™t necessarily be the same as the ones you can find in the U.S.
ใƒžใƒŠใƒผใƒขใƒผใƒ‰ [n.] vibrate mode; silent mode
ใƒ˜ใƒฉใ‚ฏใƒฌใ‚นใ‚ชใ‚ชใ‚ซใƒ–ใƒˆ [n.] Hercules beetle (Dynastes hercules)
ใƒ‹ใ‚ธใ‚คใƒญใ‚ฏใƒฏใ‚ฌใ‚ฟ [n.] rainbow stag beetle (Phalacrognathus muelleri)
ใƒคใƒžใ‚ขใƒฉใ‚ท [n.] porcupine. In kanji, itโ€™s actually ๅฑฑ่’.

A lot of bug words today.

19 Likes

7/04/2023 :fairy:t2: Home Post Link

I didnโ€™t do a lot of reading on 7th :frowning:

Finished around 5% of Graded Reading Sets from kanji Study. I think I was pretty burnt out yesterday so I had to stop with this. Didnโ€™t write or add any vocabs, but I might glimpse through it again because yesterdayโ€™s set had some interesting words and sentences.

23 Likes

:house:
8 Apr

ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ 32% - 38% (13 pg)

Finally finished part 2! It was confusing at times but at least I understood the most important parts.

23 Likes

Happy to hear! I must confess that I didnโ€™t finish it yet, but once I got a bit more wiggle room I will definitely try to continue it.

8 Likes

I tend to recommend that to people too[*], because it helped me a lot when I was at the just-out-of-beginner-early-intermediate stage. I think Rubin does a great job of giving a different viewpoint on various topics youโ€™ve already covered in a textbook/etc that can be the seed you need to have it all crystallise in your brain into something you understand a lot better than you did before.

[*] There are lots of opportunities to recommend it because Rubinโ€™s topics are mostly the main ones everybody has trouble with at that point in their Japanese learning journey, so they come up regularly in questions on the forum.

13 Likes

Apr 6
I was lazy just reading 10 pages of ใƒœใƒƒใ‚ณใกใ‚ƒใ‚“.

16 Likes

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ8ๆ—ฅ

ไปŠๆ—ฅใฏๅ››็•ณๅŠ็ฅž่ฉฑๅคง็ณปใ‚’่ชญใฟๅง‹ใพใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸ๏ผใ„ใ‚ˆใ„ใ‚ˆ่ชญใ‚ใŸใŒใ€‚ใ€‚ใ€‚

้›ฃใ—ใ™ใŽใ‚‹ใ‚ˆ๏ผ

ใงใ‚‚ใ€ใƒ—ใƒฉใƒณใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€‚ๅคšๅˆ†ไปŠ้€ฑใฎๅˆ†ใ‚’่ชญใ‚“ใ ใ‚‰ใ‚‚ใ†ไธ€ๅ›ž่ชญใฟใพใ™ใ€‚

19 Likes

8th april

home post

didnโ€™t want to read much of any of the things i have lying around, so grabbed ใƒฏใƒ‹ใƒˆใ‚ซใ‚ฒใ‚ฎใ‚น off the bookwalker pile. the chapters are quite short, so i read two. interested so far, tho i have no real idea where itโ€™s going.

some panels i liked

โ€ฆitโ€™s certainly expressive!

random converted angler fish photo

and whateverโ€™s going on here

21 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: ๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ˜ๆ—ฅ :tulip: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

Today is sakura-con! So not going to worry about doing too much today, just catching up with last weeks komi to not fall too far behind while waiting for friends to get ready.

Read:

• ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ใฏใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅ็—‡ใงใ™ ch 14 - a new oddball for the gang, love this series :laughing:

Word of the Day:
็›ฃ่ฆ–๏ผˆใ‹ใ‚“ใ—๏ผ‰ใƒผ monitoring; watching; observation; surveillance; guarding; supervision; lookoutโ€‹
ใ‚ใŒใ‚Š็—‡๏ผˆใ‚ใŒใ‚Šใ—ใ‚‡ใ†๏ผ‰ใƒผ stage fright; social anxiety disorder; social phobiaโ€‹

21 Likes

8/04/2023 :fairy:t2: Home Post Link

Today was Ruri day!! This weekโ€™s pages were super fun and easy. I read around 10 pages and a little more. Added quite a lot of words to Bunpro (and forgot to list them down again)

Anyways, I feel a little energetic today (did not have anything to do with the high caffeine espresso shot), so I might read a few pages from ใ‚ˆใคใฐใจ as well!

21 Likes

๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ—ๆ—ฅ
My Home

ใจใชใ‚Šใฎๆ€ช็‰ฉใใ‚“ 1 Ch 3
ใƒใ‚งใƒณใ•ใƒผใƒžใƒณ๏ผ‘๏ผ‘(page 0-90)
ใ‚ญใƒŽใฎๆ—…๏ผ‘(pages 44-49)

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll be continuing ใจใชใ‚Šใฎๆ€ช็‰ฉใใ‚“ after this volume. Iโ€™m just not that into it.

21 Likes

Everyone needs a break sometimes, so donโ€™t be too hard on yourself!

12 Likes

4ๆœˆ8ๆ—ฅ

home post

todayโ€™s reading: ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ pgs: 80-89

man ruri dragon wears me out haha. it is definitely above my level, but iโ€™m officially halfway through! iโ€™m not gonna give up :muscle: iโ€™m assuming reading such a difficult text will be good experience i hope haha even if i have to depend so much on the book club.

not doing vocab for ruri dragon, because most of what i come across in it is new vocab! lol

22 Likes