๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

Apr 1
Awesome we have some new people joining this challenge. Welcome and have fun.

I also considered writing my posts in japanese but I would probably make lots of dumb mistakes and we have people here, who wouldnโ€™t understand my posts and may feel left out.

The first day was disappointing I only read a little bit of ใƒœใƒƒใ‚ณใกใ‚ƒใ‚“. Some of the stories are pretty boring I hope I will be done with this book soon.

Played a little bit of Ciel no Surge DX the Nintendo Switch port of what I think was a phone game initially. Like you would expect from a phone game there are lots of situations, where you need to wait some real life hours or days.

The game is about ใ‚คใ‚ชใƒณ a girl who lost her memories and you need to help her get them back. Some really terrible things happened in her past. Basically itโ€™s a simulator ใ‚คใ‚ชใƒณ has her own day cycle she sleeps, prepares foods, eats etc. Depending when you turn the game on you may see ใ‚คใ‚ชใƒณ lying in bed sleeping. Finishing this game will probably takes months. You can ask her to collect materials which you can then use to ask her to create new things like dishes, cooking utensils outfits etc. It may take real life days for her to create things you ask her to.

To progress the story you must enter her dream world and restore things there, which will unlock her memories. But again this takes some real life time.

5483 pages read

27 Likes

3/04/2023 :fairy:t4: Home Post Link

Spent more time on listening and WK lessons today. I read this news piece [link] from Easy Japanese. It was a little too hard for me, so I lost motivation to read manga today. I think Iโ€™m going to stick with manga for a few days, and slowly ease into reading news.

Also finished a few sentences from Kanji Study. I always enjoy this mini sesh, so nothing much to say here.

28 Likes

:house:
3 Apr

ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ 30% - 30% (1 pg)

Small progress. Reading is the only form of Japanese study Iโ€™m doing at the moment. Iโ€™ve been learning more spoken Indonesian instead over the past few days lol

28 Likes

I ended up falling off pretty hard when it came to posting for the last challenge so I am going to try my best to post more consistently this time aroundโ€ฆ hopefullyโ€ฆ

Currently Reading:

Monkeys!ยก - Unfortunately I havenโ€™t been making any progress at all in this visual novel mostly because way more context-based reading compared to the novels Iโ€™ve read, rapid-fire jokes, and the format in general sorta breaking my reading flow with having to click for the next line have sapped my motivationโ€ฆ

ใ€†ๅˆ‡ๅ‰ใซใฏ็™พๅˆใŒๆ—ใ‚‹ (Shimekiri Mae ni wa Yuri ga Hakadoru) - Started another fairly easy and pleasant yuri novel to read at work.

Plan to Read

Games:

ๆ‰‰ใฎไผ่ชฌ ๏ฝž้ขจใฎใคใฐใ•๏ฝž (Tobira no Densetsu: Kaze no Tsubasa) - The confluence of wanting to try a game for a change and partially getting into Japanese because I want to try untranslated indie masterpieces have compelled me to think about giving this game for a spin soon. The vocab doesnโ€™t seem too hard but Iโ€™ve been told itโ€™s Persona 5 levels of long so Iโ€™m a bit hesitant to dive into it right nowโ€ฆ

Visual Novels:

ใƒ˜ใƒณใ‚ฟใ‚คใƒปใƒ—ใƒชใ‚บใƒณ (Hentai Prison) - The name does not inspire much confidence but I have been told in good confidence by a friend that it is one of the best visual novel releases in recent history. Also seems to be fairly difficult with lots of language puns and the like but Iโ€™ll try to tackle it after Monkeys!ยก

ไฟกๅคฉ็ฟ่ˆชๆตท้Œฒ (Albatross Koukairoku) - This one is nothing but a pipe dream for now because of itโ€™s insane prose difficulty but I do really, really want to give it a tryโ€ฆ

Light Novels

ๅฃฐๅ„ชใƒฉใ‚ธใ‚ชใฎใ‚ฆใƒฉใ‚ชใƒขใƒ† (Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote) - just another pleasant series for me to pass the time at work when Iโ€™m done with my current ones.

Day 1 and 2 Progress:

ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ 5.5 SSๅ†Š - 66.44% โ†’ 79.45%

ใ€†ๅˆ‡ๅ‰ใซใฏ็™พๅˆใŒๆ—ใ‚‹ - 0.39% โ†’ 16.85%

Word of the Day: - ๅฅˆ่ฝใชใ‚‰ใ - Hell; the worst possible circumstances. Since ๅฅˆ just has the Nara connotation now the idea of falling into Hell being going to Nara is quite funny. Maybe if youโ€™re scared of deerโ€ฆ

Apr
ๆœˆ ็ซ ๆฐด ๆœจ ้‡‘ ๅœŸ ๆ—ฅ
01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
May
01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
June
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
33 Likes

:raccoon: :seedling: :cherry_blossom: The Reading Meadow :cherry_blossom: :seedling: :raccoon:

April 3rd
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 25.38% // Volume III: 85.18% :carousel_horse:

Words found in a tree stump

็ด ่ฅ–ใ€Œใ™ใŠใ†ใ€ใƒผ Ceremonial dress of lower-class samurai
่ผฆ่ฝ‚ใ€Œใ‚Œใ‚“ใ“ใใ€ใƒผ Royal carriage

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 15??
(Currently 1566)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant
โ€“ ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also called: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
ๅทๅฃ ๅฎ—ๅ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใใก ใ‚€ใญใ‹ใคใ€(Common name: ไน…ๅŠฉใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ—ฅๆฏ”้‡Ž ๅ…ญๅคงๅคซใ€Œใฒใณใฎ ใ‚ใใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€
ๆขถ็”ฐ ็›ด็นใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใŸ ใชใŠใ—ใ’ใ€(also called: ้šผไบบใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใ€)
ๆพๅŽŸ ๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
โ€“ ๅ €ๅฐพ ๆณฐๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅ‰ไน…ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใฒใ•ใ€) - Father
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(also called: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ ๅฐšๆธ…ใ€Œใ„ใ„ใฎใŠ ใฒใ•ใใ‚ˆใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
่’ๆœจ ๆ‘้‡ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‰ใ ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ—ใ’ใ€

Matsudaira Clan โ†’ name change to โ†’ Tokugawa Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€(name change: ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Leader of the Matsudaira Clan
โ€“ ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€- Eldest son

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also called: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€// new name because itโ€™s a new year so why not, letโ€™s have a new name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ ใพใ•ใ‹ใค) - Leader of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€- Wife
โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Eldest son
โ€“ ๅˆๅ้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Cousin

ๆธก่พบ ๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้•ทไบ• ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Retainer

Ujiie Clan
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€- Military Commander

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ็พฉ็ตฑใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใšใฟ ๏ผ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Military Commander

Kanbe Clan
ๅฑฑ่ทฏ ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ˜ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Military Commander

Date Clan
ไผŠ้” ๆ”ฟๅฎ—ใ€Œใ ใฆ / ใ„ใ ใฆ ใพใ•ใ‚€ใญใ€(also know as: ็‹ฌ็œผ้พใ€Œใ ใใŒใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€(one-eyed dragon) - Leader of the Date clan

Mino Province
ๅคงๆฒข ๆฌก้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใ•ใ‚ ใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ่™Žใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใ€) - Lord of Unuma Castle
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้พ่ˆˆใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใŸใคใŠใใ€- Daimyo

Military Commanders
ไธ็ ด ๅ…‰ๆฒปใ€Œใตใ‚ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€(also called: ๅนณๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎšๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ•ใ ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ็ฏ„ไฟŠใ€Œใฎใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
โ€“ ็ซนไธญ ๅ–„ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใœใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Subordinate

Aki Province
็ฆๅณถ ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใ„ใกใพใคใ€- Son of Hideyoshiโ€™s aunt

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅนฝๆ–Žใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ•ใ„ใ€) - Military Commander

Unaffiliated
ๆต็“Šใ€Œใˆใ‘ใ„ใ€- Travelling monk
ๅฐพๅทž ้ขจๅฎขใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚…ใ† ใตใ†ใใ‚ƒใใ€- Mountain Hermit

28 Likes

Apr 3, Mon of Week 2 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.4 (47-57%)

• ใใพ ใ‚ฏใƒž ็†Š ใƒ™ใ‚ขใƒผ Vol.1 Ch.1

I bought for 100 yen due to a campaign plus Regular status.

Pretty easy to go through, might not even due to vocabularies, but chapter length (total 26). Only 1 real new vocab (ใ‚ซใƒณใ‚นใƒˆ). Maybe another problem (?) is the number of volumes.

• DoBJG: Characteristics of JP Grammar - 1-3

Now, how should I continue next? What concern me most right now are punctuation marks.

• ๆฎ‹ๆœˆ่จ˜ : ๆœˆๆ™ฏ็Ÿณ Ch.9 (end story)

Yeah, vocabularies mostly donโ€™t matter (i.e. some rare exceptions, but I might look up more than I need). Usually, even built-in Google Translate is sufficient. Much different reading style from manga, where I can practically stop and resume from anywhere.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ : ไบŒไบบใฎ็™ฝ็š‡
Words of the day
  • ใ“ใ‚“ใ“ใ‚“ = dead asleep. Well, ๆ˜ใ€…(ใ“ใ‚“ใ“ใ‚“), from ๆ˜็ก(ใ“ใ‚“ใ™ใ„).
  • ในใ‚ใ‚Š(.) = licking; lapping. Feel somewhat like ใบใ‚ใ‚Š.
  • ใ‚ตใƒƒใ‚ท(.) = window frame
  • ใ‚ซใƒณใ‚นใƒˆ(.) = โ€œcounter stopโ€; hitting the max value
  • ้š›(ใใ‚)ใ‚„ใ‹ = conspicuous. JMdict fails, but ๏ฝžใ‚„ใ‹ = seeming very. So, ้š›็ซ‹(ใใ‚ใ )ใค + ๏ฝžใ‚„ใ‹.
  • ้€ธ(ใฏใ‚„)ใ‚‹ = to be rash; to be impatient. I saw this one twice today, both with Furigana.
  • ้€™(ใฏ)ใ„ใคใใฐใ‚‹ = to go down on hands and knees (to authority) = ้€™(ใฏ)ใ„่นฒ(ใคใใฐ)ใ‚‹
  • ๅทฃ้ฃŸ(ใ™ใ)ใ† = to hang out in a nest
  • ็›ฎ่ซ–(ใ‚‚ใใ‚)ใ‚€ = to plot. Make sense if thinking of ็›ฎ(ใ‚‚ใ) + ่ซ–(ใ‚ใ‚“) + ใ‚€. A related word is ็›ฎ่ซ–่ฆ‹(ใ‚‚ใใ‚ใฟ).
  • ่‚ฒ(ใฏใใ)ใ‚€ = to foster; to promote
  • ๅ‡บ็›ด(ใงใชใŠ)ใ™ = to visit again / to make a fresh start
  • ไปŠๅบฆ(ใ“ใ‚“ใฉ) = next time / recent; this time. ไปŠๅ›ž(ใ“ใ‚“ใ‹ใ„) only has that second meaning = this time.
  • ็ฉบ(ใ‚)ใๅทฃ(ใ™) = empty nest; empty house / burglary
  • ็„กๆ–ญ(ใ‚€ใ ใ‚“) = lack of permission
  • ๆ›™ๅ…‰(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ“ใ†) = dawn; prospects. Has Furigana. First Kanji is ๆ›™(ใ‚ใ‘ใผใฎ).
  • ๅˆค็„ถ(ใฏใ‚“ใœใ‚“) = clear; definite. Well, ๅˆค็„ถ(ใฏใ‚“ใœใ‚“)ใจใ—ใชใ„ = uncertain; unclear.
  • ใฉใ™้ป’(ใใ‚)ใ„ = murky; dusky dark
  • ่Œซๆผ (ใผใ†ใฐใ) = vast / vague. Has Furigana.
  • ็ดขๆผ (ใ•ใใฐใ) = desolate; lonely and dejected. Has Furigana. First Kanji is well, from ๆŽข็ดข(ใŸใ‚“ใ•ใ) or ๆคœ็ดข(ใ‘ใ‚“ใ•ใ).
  • ๆฎ‹ๆป“(ใ–ใ‚“ใ—) = remnant; dregs. Has Furigana.
  • ้™่‡จ(ใ“ใ†ใ‚Šใ‚“) = descending to Earth; Advent. Second Kanji is probably like in ๅ›่‡จ(ใใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚“).
  • ็ทจ(ใ‚)ใฟไธŠ(ใ‚)ใ’ใƒ–ใƒผใƒ„ = lace-up boots. Probably like ็ทจ(ใ‚)ใฟไธŠ(ใ‚)ใ’้ด(ใใค).
  • ็”Ÿ็ฒ‹(ใใฃใ™ใ„) = pure; native-born
  • ็ฉบๆ‰‹ๅฝข(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใฆใŒใŸ) = an empty promise. The first two Kanji is indeed Karate :martial_arts_uniform::rightwards_hand: (็ฉบๆ‰‹(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใฆ)).
  • ๅฅฎๆˆฆ(ใตใ‚“ใ›ใ‚“) = hard (hot) fighting. Probably not putting bitterness first like ่‹ฆๆˆฆ(ใใ›ใ‚“).
  • ่ถณ(ใ‚ใ—)ใŒ็ธบ(ใ‚‚ใค)ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ = to trip over oneโ€™s feet. Itโ€™s actually ่ถณ(ใ‚ใ—)ใŒใ‚‚ใคใ‚Œใ‚‹ in JMdict.
  • ๅฎŒ่†š(ใ‹ใ‚“ใท)ใชใใพใงใซ = thoroughly; until there is there no (unharmed) skin area left
27 Likes

3rd april

home post

read quite a bit today! managed 3 chapters of jjk vol 2 (60 pages, ish), plus the (almost) last section of that granblue fantasy event story (lots of people yelling about musclesโ€ฆ). fun time all round! two books i ordered came today too, ๆŽขๅตใ‚ฌใƒชใƒฌใ‚ช and ใ™ใใพใฎใŠใจใ‚‚ใ ใกใŸใก, so i had a glance over the first few pages of those and found them easier than i was expecting! looking forward to them, tho when iโ€™ll actually get round to them i have no idea.

28 Likes

3/4 7 pages ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ (finished chapter 14), 27 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆ, 7 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง

Tomorrow is going to be a tiring day so I donโ€™t expect much reading.

27 Likes

4ๆœˆ3ๆ—ฅ
Home post

:white_flower: A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar (p. 16 โ†’ p. 27)
I read the first three topics (of five) of this weeks reading (Part of Characteristics of Japanese Grammar) covering Word Order, Topics and Ellipses.
I was a little bit surprised that omitting particles like ใฏ, ใŒ or ใ‚’ can be considered grammatical correct. I always thought it is rather colloquial and the speaker just doesnโ€™t care for correct grammar (or is lazy :sweat_smile:).

:mag: ๅๆŽขๅตใ‚ณใƒŠใƒณ vol. 1 (p. 76 โ†’ p. 85)
I so love this Manga! But it is very text-heavy, which makes it harder to read than other Manga for me. But today I didnโ€™t have to look up as many vocabularies as in the parts before :+1:

27 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 3, 4 ๆœˆ 3 ๆ—ฅ :herb:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Once again doing some textbook reading. Iโ€™m taking it real easy for now, so I will do a lot or re-reading and re-listening to the same stuff over and over.

25 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // April 3 :cherry_blossom: :blossom:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ 4 (10% โ†’ 12%)

Iโ€™m very amused by the furigana in this series, no joke. Seems like kiseru is a valid reading. However, eyeliner is not a vaild reading for kumadori.

Word Reading Furigana Meaning
็‰นๆ€งใฎๆฒน ใจใใ›ใ„ใฎใ‚ใถใ‚‰ ใƒญใƒผใ‚ทใƒงใƒณ lit. โ€œspecial oilโ€
็…™็ฎก ใˆใ‚“ใ‹ใ‚“ใƒปใ‚ญใ‚ปใƒซ ใ‚ญใ‚ปใƒซ Japanese smoking pipe
้šˆๅ– ใใพใฉใ‚Š ใ‚ขใ‚คใƒฉใ‚คใƒณ style of kabuki makeup used for violent roles
้•ทๆค…ๅญ ใชใŒใ„ใ™ ใ‚ซใ‚ฆใƒ couch, bench, ottoman

As for the story so far: Sudden subtle display of affection? :eyes: Confusion ensues for all characters present. Something has definitely changed mainly for the male main character since the end of the last volume. Not behind the scenes, they just havenโ€™t talked about it properly. I want to see that talk. Maomao is in strong denial, trying to convince herself the soft thing she accidentally touched was a (ใใ“ใใ“) frog that had snuck inside the pants when they fell over and not the real thingie (which was not even supposed to be there because thatโ€™s the rule for non-imperial men to be allowed into the imperial palace. They have to be eunuchs. No wonder the entire scene back then was a big shock for her).

Random box durtle appreciation

Totally random, butโ€ฆ Had to check something in an old thread when I found this post.

Made me so happy to see Box Durtle (image) accompanied by box table :face_holding_back_tears: long time no see!
So I added one to my home post c:

28 Likes

Hello everyone! have been trying to edit my home post since Saturday, but due to laptop having a mid-life crisis, I wasnโ€™t able to finish itโ€ฆ Iโ€™m doing this from a tablet rn lol, but here it is!
Iโ€™m still editing this, donโ€™t mind me

:cherry_blossom: :herb:Vasiโ€™s home post :books: :honeybee:

Post template

:cherry_blossom: :herb:DD/MM :books: :honeybee:
Home post :house_with_garden:

EMOJI

What I'm reading & key ๐Ÿ—๏ธ
Key title progress
:dragon: ๆšใฎใƒจใƒŠ vol. 20 :black_small_square::black_small_square::black_small_square::black_small_square::black_small_square::white_check_mark:
:dragon: ๆšใฎใƒจใƒŠ vol. 21 :black_small_square: :black_small_square::black_small_square::black_small_square::black_small_square::heavy_check_mark:
:woman_teacher: ๆ•™้คŠ366 /366 :yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:snowman_with_snow: ๆฐทๅฑžๆ€ง็”ทๅญใจใ‚ฏใƒผใƒซใชๅŒๅƒšๅฅณๅญ vol.2 :yellow_square::orange_square::red_square::white_check_mark:
:woman_scientist: ใชใœใฉใ†ใ—ใฆ,ใ‚‚ใฃใจ็ง‘ๅญฆใฎใŠ่ฉฑใƒผ4ๅนด็”Ÿ 42%:yellow_square::orange_square::white_large_square:
:ring: ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›็ตๅฉš Vol.3 :white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square::white_small_square:
:ring: ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›็ตๅฉš 1 56% :yellow_square::orange_square::white_large_square:
:orange_book: 10ๅˆ†ใง่ชญใ‚ใ‚‹ไผ่จ˜6ๅนด็”Ÿ :yellow_square::orange_square::white_large_square:
:cn: reading in Chinese
:books: reading in English
Chinese reading

Du chinese app
NPCR3 ่ฏพๆœฌ

English reading
  • Erha vol. 1 :ballot_box_with_check:
  • TGCF vol. 2โ˜‘๏ธ
  • TGCF vol. 3 :white_check_mark:
  • TGCF vol. 4 :white_check_mark:
:tulip: ๅ››ๆœˆ :rabbit2:
01 :books: :woman_scientist: :dragon: 02 :woman_scientist: :cn: :books:
03 :books: :dragon: 04 :dragon: :snowman_with_snow: :books: 05 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 06 :cn: 07 :ring: :books: 08 :woman_teacher: :books: 09 :books: :heavy_multiplication_x:
10 :woman_teacher: :books: 11 :woman_scientist: :books: 12 :ring: :books: 13 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 14 :woman_teacher: :books: 15 :ring: :books: 16 :ring: :books:
17 :snowman_with_snow: :woman_scientist: :books: 18 :snowman_with_snow: :books: 19 :ring: :books: 20 :snowman_with_snow: :ring: :books: 21 :ring: :books: 22 :snowman_with_snow: :dragon: :books: 23 :woman_scientist: :books:
24 :woman_scientist: :books: 25 :snowman_with_snow: :woman_teacher: :books: 26 :snowman_with_snow: :cn: :books: 27 :snowman_with_snow: :woman_teacher: :books: 28 :woman_teacher: :books: 29 :dragon: :snowman_with_snow: :books: 30 :dragon: :books:
:tulip:ไบ”ๆœˆ :potted_plant:
01 :woman_scientist: :books: :books: 02 :woman_scientist: :books: 03 :woman_scientist: :books: 04 :ring: :woman_scientist: :books: 05 :woman_scientist: :books: 06 :dragon: :books: 07 :woman_teacher: :woman_scientist: :woman_scientist:
08 :woman_scientist: :books: 09 :woman_scientist: :books: 10 :woman_scientist: :books: 11 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 12 :woman_scientist: :books: 13 :dragon::books: 14 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books:
15 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 16 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 17 :cn: :books: 18 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 19 :cn: :woman_scientist: :books: 20 :dragon::books: 21 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books:
22 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 23 :dragon::books: 24 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 25 :woman_teacher::books: 26 :woman_teacher: 27 :cn: 28 :cn:
29 :books::heavy_multiplication_x: 30 :books::heavy_multiplication_x: 31 :cn:
:hibiscus:ๅ…ญๆœˆ :blossom:
01 :heavy_multiplication_x: :books: 02 :woman_teacher: 03 :dragon: 04 :heavy_multiplication_x:
05 :heavy_multiplication_x: 06 :heavy_multiplication_x: 07 :cn: 08 :dragon: 09 :orange_book::books: 10 :dragon: :cn: 11 :cn: :books:
12 :books: :books::cn: 13 :heavy_multiplication_x: 14 :cn::books: 15 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 16 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 17 :orange_book::books: 18 :orange_book::books:
19 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 20 :cn::books: 21 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 22 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 23 :heavy_multiplication_x: 24 :dragon: 25 :heavy_multiplication_x::books:
26 :orange_book::books: 27 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 28 :heavy_multiplication_x::books: 29 :dragon::books: 30 :dragon::cn::books:
Daily updates
April

1-4 April | 5-10 April
11 April
12-16 April
17 April
18-19 April
20 April
21-24 April
25-26 April
27-30 April

1 May
2-9 May

May 10-25
May26-31
June

Past challenges

Autumn 2021โ€‹:maple_leaf::fallen_leaf:
Winter 2022 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: :raccoon:
Winter 2023โ€‹:snowman_with_snow::snowflake:

:link: Bookmeter
:link: Goodreads

29 Likes

April 3rd!

Today I read Chapter 70 of Shadowโ€™s House.
The story has gotten super interesting in the last few chapters!

(Home Post)

25 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :books: taiyouseaโ€™s ่Šฑ่ฆ‹่ชญ home thread :bubble_tea::open_book:
โ†’ natively โ†’ study log

April 3rd:
:bookmark: ๅ›ใฎๅใฏใ€Žใพใ‚“ใŒใ€ (Ch. 2 completed - 58 pages)

i have a pretty decent homework load tonight, so i stuck with reading just one more chapter of ๅ›ใฎๅใฏ since itโ€™s quite an easy read. this manga is very corporate-drawn instead of what is usually art lovingly crafted by one singular mangaka, so sometimes they do the thing where they edit a real photo of tokyo to look like itโ€™s drawn and it makes me laugh every time

spoilers

i also noticed this particular clue for the first time! it never even registered in my mind when i watched the movie, which is probably the point. especially with one being japanese and the other being english, Iโ€™m thinking the day of the week is definitely meant to be a little easter egg for second-round viewing

30 Likes

:rose:April 3:rose:
|||||Home Post|||||

:white_flower:A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammarใƒปpg35
Finished this weekโ€™s reading and added some notes from both weeksโ€™ community posts into the dictionary for easy reference. Going to review this throughout the week to make sure I understand the material. The romaji really irritates me, but I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™ll find whiting all of it out even more irritating so Iโ€™ll just leave it be. Someone said the Intermediate volume has furigana and no romaji, that makes me happy.

:video_game:ไบŒใƒŽๅ›ฝ็™ฝใ่–็ฐใฎๅฅณ็Ž‹ใƒปๅ›ฝ็Ž‹ๆง˜ใ‚’ๅŠฉใ‘ใซใ€ๅœฐไธ‹ๆฐด้“ใฎๅฅฅใซ่กŒใ“ใ†๏ผ
Still going through a lot of tutorials, but it seems to be going by faster. Maybe Iโ€™m past the โ€œfirst page syndromeโ€? In any case, Iโ€™m having fun. I wish I had more time to play. Named my ใ‚ฆใƒƒใ‚ญใƒผ โ€œใ‚ฏใƒƒใ‚ญใƒผโ€ because Iโ€™m creative :upside_down_face:

28 Likes

202ๅนด4ๆœˆ3ๆ—ฅ
ๆ˜จๆ—ฅใฏใƒชใƒกใƒผใ‚ฏใ‚’ใƒ—ใƒฌใ‚คใ—ใŸใ‚“ใ ใ‘ใฉ30ๅˆ†ใ ใ‘ใ—ใŸใ‚“ใ ใ€‚ใใ‚Œใ ใ‘ใงใฏใชใใ€ๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆใ‚‚่ชญใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚้ข็™ฝใ‹ใฃใŸใŒ็งใฎๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆใƒ–ใƒผใƒ ็ต‚ใ‚ใฃใŸใ€‚

26 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: ๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ“ๆ—ฅ :tulip: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ๅ››ๆœˆใฏๅ›ใฎๅ™“ ch 3 -
good panels

ใŸใใ‚‰ใ‚€

ใƒ‹ใƒฃ๏ฝž :cat:

Word(s) of the Day:
้›‘ๅฟต๏ผˆใ•ใคใญใ‚“๏ผ‰ใƒผ idle thoughts; worldly thoughts
่‡ชไฟกๅฎถ๏ผˆใ˜ใ—ใ‚“ใ‹๏ผ‰ใƒผ person who has great confidence (faith) in himselfโ€‹

28 Likes

:books: :blossom: softlyrainingโ€™s blossoming book stack :cherry_blossom: :open_book:

April 3rd

:orange_square: NANA 1 (43% โ†’ 49%)

A quick read today. Finished โ€œthe encounter.โ€ On the one hand, of course I wanted her to fully confront Asano (the predatorโ€™s name; donโ€™t think I ever mentioned it). On the other hand, this is our introduction to Nana as a character; expecting that much character growth is probably unrealistic. Sheโ€™s still quite young, and she hasnโ€™t had a moment in her life to reassess her relationship with him on that level. Maybe Iโ€™m just making excuses, but I guess thatโ€™s my take for now.

29 Likes

Home

ใƒป๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ“ๆ—ฅใƒป

LOL so much for being delayed, my CDJapan order got here this morning. Also! ไธ‰ๆ‘็ตฑใฎไธไฟก้ ผ, which previously was only available online, is included in the bunkobon version of ็ฉบใธใฎๅŠฉ่ตฐ! My buying that when I already have the tankoubon wasnโ€™t for nothing, after all (also the cover is pretty)

Not sure what to do about that and the tankoubon of the main series re: Bookmeter, though. I guess leave them off.

ใ‚ตใƒžใƒผใ‚ตใ‚คใƒ€ใƒผ was actually published by a different publisher than 2.43 (which is published by ้›†่‹ฑ็คพ) and the same as ้€ใ้€šใฃใŸ้ขจใŒๅนใ„ใฆ, ๆ–‡่—ๆ˜ฅ็ง‹, which is interesting. Both JP novels I read part of today were published by the same company, and I think these might be the only two I have from ๆ–‡ๆ˜ฅ, at that!

• 17 pages of ้€ใ้€šใฃใŸ้ขจใŒๅนใ„ใฆ, leaving off on pg 62. Honestly I should probably spend a little more time looking stuff up and trying to figure things out with this one, but thatโ€™s boring and a pain and a chore, so I donโ€™t.
  • 14 pages of ใ‚ตใƒžใƒผใ‚ตใ‚คใƒ€ใƒผ, leaving off on pg 22. It got up to 90ยฐF (32ยฐC) today and itโ€™s supposed to be in/near the 80s (like 24ยฐC+) most of this week, so even if itโ€™s spring, since this is Texas itโ€™s still nearly the perfect weather to be reading this. (Although one could argue that the perfect time to read stories where itโ€™s sweltering hot is when itโ€™s freezing cold out, and vice versaโ€ฆ) Anyway, Kabei-senseiโ€™s trend of naming places after bugs did not start with 2.43: the city where this takes place is ๆ—ฅๆšฎๅธ‚ Higura-shi, after ใƒ’ใ‚ฐใƒฉใ‚ท, the evening cicada. I think this might also take place in Fukui; the dialect seems to match, at any rate.
Some vocab of note:

็ฑ (ใจใ†) [n.] rattan; wicker. This shows up in ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข too, but I thought it was ่—ค and just thought, โ€œhuh, I guess that means โ€˜wickerโ€™ tooโ€ (since the basket isnโ€™t decorated with wisteria or anything). I didnโ€™t notice the difference between the two kanji until today.
็ตฝ (ใ‚) [n.] silk gauze (esp. used for light garments for high summer)
ๅบฆ่‚ใ‚’ๆŠœใ‹ใ‚Œใ‚‹ (ใฉใŽใ‚‚ใ‚’ใฌใ‹ใ‚Œใ‚‹) [expression, ไธ€] to be astonished; to be astounded; to be stupefied; to be flabbergasted; to be taken aback
็‹ผ็‹ฝ (ใ‚ใ†ใฐใ„) [n., ใ™ใ‚‹-verb] confusion; dismay; consternation; panic. Somehow I remembered the reading for this, and I donโ€™t come across it much! Completely forgot the meaning though lmao
ๅ›บๅ”พใ‚’ๅžใ‚€ (ใ‹ใŸใšใ‚’ใฎใ‚€) [expression, ใƒžไบ”] to hold oneโ€™s breath (in fear, anxiety, etc). ๅ›บๅ”พ is โ€œsaliva held in oneโ€™s mouth during times of tension.โ€ I presume the ใฎใ‚€ works somewhat similarly to in ๆฏใ‚’ใฎใ‚€.
ๆฐ—ใŒๅฐใ•ใ„ (ใใŒใกใ„ใ•ใ„) [expression, ใ„-adj.] timid; faint-hearted; wimpy
้ง„ใ€…ใฃๅญ (ใ ใ ใฃใ“) [n.] unmanageable child; spoiled brat
็™ฝ็พฝใฎ็ŸขใŒ็ซ‹ใค (ใ—ใ‚‰ใฏใฎใ‚„ใŒใŸใค) [expression, ใ‚ฟไบ”] to be selected (from among many people)
่‡ช่…น (ใ˜ใฐใ‚‰) [n.] paying oneโ€™s own way
็™ฝใ‘ใ‚‹ (ใ—ใ‚‰ใ‘ใ‚‹) [่‡ชไธ€] to be dampened (of mood, interest, etc.); to be spoiled (e.g. of the atmosphere); to become subdued; to turn sour; to become unamused; to become bored; to become apathetic

29 Likes

April 3 :heavy_check_mark: :european_castle: :evergreen_tree:

ใ‹ใŒใฟใฎๅญคๅŸŽ, 9-11%
็ฅžๅŽปใชใ‚ใชใ‚ๆ—ฅๅธธ, 12-14%

Too tired to update last night, I was half asleep as I was finishing my reading. Things came up that reduced my reading time, so not as much progress as I had liked, but some.

In ็ฅžๅŽปใชใ‚ใชใ‚ๆ—ฅๅธธ, today (well, yesterday) I learned about those blades that are tied to the sides of the legs and shoes so that foresters can climb trees [1]. The Japanese word is ๆ˜‡ๆŸฑๅ™จ. I bought two monolingual dictionaries in the Monokakido sale yesterday, but of course none of them had it. Nor did the IME know how to type it. I guess it is kind of a specialized word that I wonโ€™t be coming across very often, but I did find it interesting. :sweat_smile:

1. image,
    image โ†ฉ๏ธŽ

30 Likes