🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

May 5th!

I had a lesson with my tutor today, so I’m counting that as my listening practise today.
We did some N3 level exam style questions, and also talked about lots of stuff, including our favourite types of weapon, and borrowing clothes from our sisters. :grin:

(Home Post)

12 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :seedling: 5月4日 and 5月5日 :seedling: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

Spent a lot of time reading, but not so much time listening lately

5/4 - 1 episode of Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 - still with english subs, but trying not to use them too much when I can avoid them. also watched about half of an episode of skip and loafer without english subs because, inexplicably, there were no english subs for the new episode :sweat_smile:
5/5 - オフコラボ!2人で手料理作るぺこおおおおおおおおおお! - pekora cooking stream with AZKi; hololive cooking streams are always… eventful :laughing: Pekora’s knife handling is absolutely terrifying. I only watched ピーマンの肉詰め prep part, might try that out at some point.

In love with this pokemon plate

Oh and the 牛丼 was delicious and devoured with great vigor! I’m going to try making it again soon with some tweaks, definitely a nice one to add to the repertoire. :yum:

Edit: i lied, i made the 牛丼 tonight because i have zero self control :laughing: added shiitake mushrooms, a little bit of sugar, and some red miso and it was, I don’t think i’m exaggerating, one of the most delicious things i’ve ever cooked. still some ideas to improve/tweak it, but I want to watch some more videos first!

13 Likes

Summary Post

May 5th
What did I listen to?: Speak Japanese Naturally (thanks for linking @Zakarius :raccoon: )
How much time did I spend listening?: ~13 min

I went to visit Mt. Fuji and see the shibazakura today~ Gosh that was so pretty :pleading_face: Did I understand it? …Not really :joy: Definitely needed those Japanese subs. But it was pretty! I think the pretty low-key distracted me from listening at times lmao

12 Likes

:hot_pepper: May 5

Missed posting yesterday but didn’t miss listening. Just barely. Did the grocery shopping and listened to whatever Edgar Allen Poe translation I’m in the middle of, on the drive there and back. Didn’t even get enough information to figure out which story it was.

Today I listened to Nightmare Before Christmas and then fell asleep

12 Likes

May 5 :old_key: :video_game:

Two weeks’ worth of 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉. I wanted to also listen to my audiobook (and do a million other things) but no time. Where does the time go?

12 Likes

May 6, Sat of Week 6 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

絶海の孤島「大東島」が日本にもたらす莫大な利益を全部まとめてみました。 - YouTube on a Mineral Island, and then I learnt about C国.

こころ (夏目漱石) : (下) 先生と遺書 Ch.53-56 (end). tbh, with this series, I listened to sosekiproject’s tracks and repeated in audiobook.jp, which use different narrators. sosekiproject chops indeed made it easier to start in the middle and rewind.

YUYU on childhood video games.

歴史 [50-53/90] - ヨーロッパ・侵入. Not much today because they aren’t Japanese (but Chinese are still something).

Places and names
12 Likes

06/05/2023 :fairy: Home Post Link

One episode from Japanese with Shun about teaching. I was super distracted and tired today, so I had to listen to the episode twice and still had difficulty understanding lol

11 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 36, 5 月 6 日 :herb:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

:arrow_right: 琉球びんがた - a short video about the traditional dyeing process developed in Okinawa. The colors are astonishingly beautiful.

11 Likes

Home Post :hatching_chick:

May 6th
Today I tried another N4 practice test and scored 40/60 for listening.

And I watched a cooking video about how to make Zundamochi. Usually I don’t watch content intended for native speakers so it was very difficult for me. Luckily the recipe isn’t too complicated so I could still kind of understand what was going on and focus on catching as many words as possible.

11 Likes

May 6th!

Today I listened to the next episode of JapanesePod101’s Lower Intermediate series.

I also watched this video that @polv linked to a few days ago.

I watched it first with no subtitles at all to make sure I was focused on listening, and I understood quite a bit but missed some stuff too, so I watched it a second time with english subs to see what bits I hadn’t managed to understand. Overall I was pretty pleased with how much I understood. Even the bits where I wasn’t sure exactly what was being said I managed to get the main gist of the conversation which is a massive improvement from what I would have understood a few months ago.

(Home Post)

13 Likes

Summary Post

May 6th
What did I listen to?: Speak Japanese Naturally goes to Jinbouchou someone linked this earlier in the thread but I can’t remember who, thank you whoever that was :bowing_woman:
How much time did I spend listening?: ~12 min

Another chill walking video, I like these - this one was way more comprehensible than the Mt. Fuji one (I tried to ignore the subs and was mostly successful - it’s kind of funny though, without subs to support my understanding I could literally feel the delay between me hearing the sound of the words and me processing and understanding what the words are). But I have a question, why are the book shelves built into the outside of that one shop, how do they protect them in the rain D: I like the idea of there being so many secondhand book stores in one place that you can have kind of specialized or themed ones, that sounds fun :smiling_face:

13 Likes

1.R.Y.U.S.E.I. / 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE
4/5 I have a problem with separation songs from group. I liked it.

2.Sakura / 嵐
2/5 Nothing special

3.愛を叫べ / 嵐
2/5 won’t ever listen to it again

4.青空の下、キミのとなり / 嵐
3/5 oh wow this group had 3 hit songs in 2016

5.Dragon Night / SEKAI NO OWARI
4/5 so cute!!

Wow I really don’t enjoy Arashi

On to 2015!

10 Likes

On top of the book shelves there seem to be some kind of green awnings. Maybe the bookstore staff pull them out when its rainy and use the green curtains to protect the books on the sides as well. Or they simply close the curtains all the way but then the customers wouldn’t be able to access the books anymore.

3 Likes

May 7, Sun of Week 6 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

YUYU on 風姿花伝 and Japan geography.

歴史 [54-55/90] - 江戸時代の終わり

Places and names
12 Likes

Summary Post

May 7th
What did I listen to?: Speak Japanese Naturally goes to Yoyogi Park
How much time did I spend listening?: ~11 min

Chill walking in Yoyogi park~ I didn’t visit this part of the park when I went there (I low-key thought this was going to include Meiji Jingu but I was incorrect lol, still nice though xD). I feel like my stamina started to give out and I started looking at the subs more as the video went on lol

So I creeped on this store on Google and found some more pictures :joy: It does look like they’re a bit more recessed into the wall/under the awning than I first thought. They probably do just close the curtains if it’s really raining, I doubt that many people would want to stand out there in the rain to look at books anyway :joy: Still, I would think that even with the awnings/curtains, the general moisture in the air when it rains would be not great for the books? Though I suppose that if it resulted in any significant damage to the inventory they probably wouldn’t do it lol. It does look pretty :3
Anyway, I’m done pondering the practicality of outdoor bookshelves now lmao sorry

12 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :seedling: 5月6日 and 5月7日 :seedling: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

5/6 - watched a little bit of mio playing minecraft ~15 minutes
5/7 - watched korone play the new hololive fighting game for ~an hour, but extremely passively.

Listening still been kinda lazy, but trying to make sure I’m doing something every day at least

12 Likes

May 7th!

Just a little listen today - 2 episodes of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners.
I still haven’t decided what to watch next now that I’ve finished Rilakkuma’s Theme Park Adventure.

(Home Post)

12 Likes
2014/2013 top hits

1.GUTS! / 嵐
3/5 It’s hard to judge the song because of my prejudice against Arashi already

2.心のプラカード / AKB48
4/5 It sounds like a group from the 1960s which I enjoy

1. ラブラドール・レトリバー / AKB48
    4/5 It was fine

4.誰も知らない / 嵐
3/5 hmm not bad

5.Bittersweet / 嵐
2/5 wow Arashi dominated this year

1恋するフォーチュンクッキー / AKB48
3/5 It’s fine

2.さよならクロール / AKB48
3/5 is this the same song as the one I just listened to? Points off for wooing in the song. Plus points for beach vibes

I’m giving up. I Looked at the next few years and it’s mostly Arashi songs and AKB48
Moving to most popular anime songs of all time which seems much funner and more diverse

12 Likes

07/05/2023 :fairy: Home Post Link

2 episodes of Nihongo Con Teppei.

I’m going on a very short trip for 4 days and scared about how to manage my studies lol TT

12 Likes

May 8, Mon of Week 7 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

Some clips on Age of Sails and Japan.

I also listened to 吾輩は猫である on audiobook.jp, but not really established into it yet. Sosekiproject made quite short segments for this series.

11 Likes