🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

:cherry_blossom: Day 12, 4 月 12 日 :herb:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

:deciduous_tree: Tobira chp. 2
I listened to parts 1 through 3 of the main text. Because the topic (speech styles) is a bit more difficult than the first chapter’s, I have taken it really slowly. And obviously I’m relistening often and also trying to read along. I think without the text I would be even more lost.

15 Likes

April 12th!

Today I watched another episode of Rilakkuma and Kaoru. It was a nice episode about snow :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

15 Likes

:hot_pepper: April 12

Made it through Ghostbusters (JP dub). I kept nodding off unfortunately.

14 Likes
Apr
01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
May
01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
12 Likes

Been mostly on Netflix these past few days and weeks, as there are a lot of new anime seasonals so it is a great way to practice listening with Japanese subtitles on.

I’ve been following shows like ヴィンランド・サガ and 鬼滅の刃 from before, but I will probably check out something like スキップとローファー and 山田くんとLv999の恋をする as well, as it seams they don’t contain a very difficult dialogue.

Speaking of Netflix, I finally finished watching MIU404 drama the other day. Since it is a police detective drama, it was quite challenging and it took some time to finish everything :sweat_smile:

Also discovered a new YouTube channel that might be interesting called Speak Japanese Naturally.

17 Likes

Apr 13, Thu of Week 3 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

歴史 [11-13/90] - 飛鳥(あすか)時代

Try listening on the audiobook on 飛鳥 too, but feels a little hard. Anyway, repeat and focus more.

Places and names

Japan

China

Korea

• 白村江(はくすきのえ)(たたか)い (はくそんこう~) = Battle of Baekgang - Wikipedia
    • Japan sided with 百済(くだら), but 新羅(しらぎ) sided with China (Tang) won

16 Likes

13/04/2023 :fairy: Home Post Link

listened to 3 episodes of Nihongo Con Teppie, and slightly zoned out on the last one :+1:

16 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 13, 4 月 13 日 :herb:

:deciduous_tree: Tobira chp. 2

Finished listening to the rest of the text. I have to say, I much prefered he female voice to the male ones, as you could clearly hear the quotations, which made it much easier to follow along.

14 Likes

Home Post :hatching_chick:

I had a lot of fun today! I watched another one of Akane’s vlogs (this one was about Gifu) and this time she showed lots of nice places in her video. It was very interesting and I enjoyed it a lot! The way the waiter talks (7:15-8:47) reminds me of a flight attendant reciting the safety instructions on a plane before take-off. :laughing: That’s how it sounds in my native language at least. I’ve never heard japanese safety instructions on a plane before.

After that I watched her video about buying and using Suica cards.

Last but not least I watched a Comprehensible Japanese video about the Tanabata Festival. I noticed pretty quickly that I had already read a text about the legend behind the festival in my Genki book but I kept watching anyway. Already knowing the story definitely helped with understanding. :wink:

16 Likes

April 13th!

Another episode of Rilakkuma and Kaoru today. My husband came in part way through the episode and thought it looked cute so I ended up translating it for him as we were watching, which was really fun :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

15 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :seedling: 4月13日 :seedling: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

Listened:

• 四月は君の噓 episode 8 (no subs) - it feels a little bit cheaty because I literally just read chapter 13 and 14 that this episode is based on, but emi’s performance is one of my favorites in the series so I had to go re-watch it. :sweat_smile:

Word(s) of the Day:
recognized lots of words from my last 2 entries in the read everyday challenge, but not a lot of added dialogue from the manga

16 Likes

im still only at level 2 so i dont even know if i should be doing this but i want to give it a try
hover over each of the “” to see what i did that day!

Apr
00◼️ 00◼️ 00◼️ 00◼️ 00◼️ 01◻️ 02◻️
03◻️ 04◻️ 05◻️ 06◻️ 07◻️ 08◻️ 09◻️
10◻️ 11◻️ 12◻️ 13◻️ 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
May
01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
17 Likes

:hot_pepper: April 13

Watched several videos from the Comprehensible Japanese YT channel. There was one on hot-pot that I had to watch. Much easier to keep up with than I expected. Now I want hot-pot.

15 Likes

watched 10 min HikaninTV with Japanese subtitles.

16 Likes

Apr 14, Fri of Week 3 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

歴史 [14/90] - 奈良時代 [1/3]

Places and names

こころ Ch.25-28. The whole story is too long, not even a third, and I felt sleepy. Still need some focus to understand, though. Then, see the related sosekiproject, also Ch.1.

15 Likes

Home Post :hatching_chick:

I was kinda busy today so I spent less time listening than usual. I chose Naoko’s video about her flight from spain to japan. Even though I was a little tired and couldn’t concentrate that well I learned some new words. :blush:

16 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 14, 4 月 14 日 :herb:

Tongue twister time! These were really fun, so I might look for more of them. The ones I practiced today were:

• 生麦生米生卵 - this one doesn’t seem so hard at first, I suppose with enough repetitions and speed it’ll become tricky
  • スモモも 桃も 桃のうち - aough the pain. A great example sentence for why Japanese having three different writing systems is good, actually.
  • 坊主が びょうぶに 上手な 坊主の 絵を かいた - this one is really nice and I like the rhythm of the entire sentence.
16 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :seedling: 4月14日 :seedling: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

Listened:

• ポケカ開封 (兎田ぺこら ライブ) ~40 minutes ー the new japanese pokemon card sets snow hazard and clay burst are out in japan (here’s a gallery of the good stuff), and she opened a few boxes of them on stream. I’m still not uh, super good with pokemon names in japanese, so it was hard to follow sometimes when she wasn’t reading directly off cards lmao. There was a lot of excited 「光ってる!光ってる!!!」 yelling :laughing:

Word(s) of the Day:
散(ばら)ー loose articles (not packaged with other things); bulk items; individual items​ (here i think it meant like a loose pack of cards (ex. バララスト, last pack))
ワンチャン ー maybe; perhaps; there is a chance that​ (i thought she was saying ワンちゃん like a dog pokemon at first, but i think this makes more sense)

16 Likes

:speaker: :blossom: softlyraining’s garden of sounds :cherry_blossom: :headphones:

April 11th・April 12th・April 13th・April 14th

After going on a bit of a binge with Good Morning Call, I decided to give myself a bit of a break and watch Aggretsuko. The episodes being shorter is a nice change of pace. I’ve been trying to hear if, during her heavy metal scenes, the voice is actually singing what’s in the subtitles. Sometimes I can hear that it is, but other times it just sounds like incoherent screaming.

16 Likes

April 14th!

I’m counting my hour long class with my tutor as my listening practise today.
We did some exam-style listening questions and talked about lots of topics including movies, strawberries and cream, and how hard it is to spell words in katakana!

(Home Post)

15 Likes