Vol 4 - シメジシミュレーション - Shimeji Simulation

This whole arc of manipulating reality with just thought is taking the surrealism of this manga to another level of weird… (not that I’m complaining :sweat_smile:)

One question please

Page 26

Might be because the events of previous volumes are vague to my terrible memory at this point… but why is Shimeji-chan wondering about (them) being human here?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m also enjoying the surrealness! Loved the Feshion. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of Sumida’s キワドイdress

Page 26

I thought this was partly because they look very alien in their outfits, and partly that Shimeji recognises that she (herself) is different to most people. She’s come quite a long way for a hikikomori!

1 Like

Chapter 33 - Kokoa

Participation poll
  • I’m reading along :eyeglasses: :mushroom:
  • I haven’t reached this chapter yet :coffee:

0 voters

I enjoyed the library in the last week’s chapter. Interested to see where this goes next…

Chapter 34 - Nathing

Participation poll

0 voters

2 Likes
Page 26

I don’t think she’s wondering about them being humans here, it’s more like “I guess that’s what it is to be human”

I think the あれ refers to the stuff she’s describing in the narration (how they mess around with the clothes in the club, and then ended up influencing the entire town)

2 Likes

Chapter 35 - Faer

Participation poll

0 voters

1 Like

A horror chapter really suited this art style! Really enjoyed the art in this chapter.

モディリアーニの絵

Any ideas on the middle characters - ローマ**の大盾?

1 Like

Not very confident myself, by I believe that’s ローマ兵の大盾

2 Likes

Thanks, that makes perfect sense :+1:

1 Like

Chapter 36 - Algirothm

Participation poll

0 voters

1 Like

Chapter 37 - Cotcus

Participation poll

0 voters

I love the opening picture each chapter and trying to guess where the story might go next…

There was a bit of an Alice in Wonderland vibe to this week’s chapter, and some really great moments of wackiness. I enjoyed the entity that could transfer their consciousness from cactus to cactus and the two in a bed giant pancakes!

But my favourite moment this week was this image on the first page. I think it’s the excitement in Majime’s eyes at what is happening!

Summary

2 Likes

Chapter 38 - Exvacation

Participation poll

0 voters

1 Like

Oh no! Poor guy! After he served them so well!

2 Likes

It looks like the ホタルイカ is a real thing - an arrow shaped glowing squid. Although according to Wikipedia the real life version is only 7cm long:

1 Like

Chapter 39 - Fostavel

Participation poll

0 voters

Two to go!

1 Like

There seems to be a lot of nonsense on page 105. Like Majime I’m left wondering 結局ヌモミって何…?I’m assuming numomi is not a commonly understood concept in real Japan. The people in this world seem to understand it but that doesn’t include Majime.

Always nice to have a cameo appearance from Yuu and Chii-chan! I liked the Shimeji and Majime donuts.

An interesting ending to the chapter. I wonder if they’ll tie this up before the end of the volume?

2 Likes

Yeah, I looked it up and it doesn’t seem to appear in any dictionaries or anything. It felt to me like the students running the café would just mentally summon whatever food came to mind out of the nonsense the customer ordered and hand it over…

1 Like

Chapter 40 - Masic

Participation poll

0 voters

Last week!

1 Like

Dem, dat ending :musical_note: .

I still love this manga despite finding it a bit too surreal / confusing at times. I really wonder in what direction is next volume going to go.

Thank you @Micki for running the club!

2 Likes