チュベローズで待ってる AGE32 🌼 - Informal Reading Group

Hello and welcome to

チュベローズで待ってる AGE32 :blossom:

This book is the second in a two-volume series.
For more information on this book, please refer to this club’s home thread: チュベローズで待ってる 🌺 🌼 - Informal Reading Group

Buying this book

Bookwalker

Please feel free to comment on the book or ask questions while you read them. As we are reading at different paces, it is crucial that everybody generously applies spoiler tags and mentions which chapter a comment belongs to.

Discussion Threads

This book contains chapters 20 - 40 (336 pages).

The chapters of this book are of almost equal length, with the shortest one being ~10 pages and the longest one being ~17 pages (and three outliers of 19, 20, and 29 pages, respectively), with the majority hovering around ~13 pages. (I calculated this from the ebook pages so there might be some minor discrepancies though).
Because of this and because the chapters are numbered throughout the book, I will not post a detailed table of contents here (unless somebody asks for it).

To make it easier to find the relevant discussions, they are split up into three threads:

Who is interested in reading this book?

• I am interested in reading AGE32.
  • I am currently reading AGE32.
  • I have finished AGE32.
  • I have stopped reading, but I will return at some point.
  • I dropped the book and don’t plan to return.
  • I don’t plan to read this book.

0 voters

If so, which version are you planning to read?

• Hardcover / Paperback
  • eBook

0 voters

3 Likes

Hi all, I’ve just created this thread for the second volume, AGE32.

Quick organisational question: The second volume is longer than the first one (about 1.5 times the length) and contains 21 chapters. How should we organize the discussion? I’m wondering whether we should keep all discussion in this thread, or whether we should break things up a little bit?

• 1 thread (i.e. this one)
  • 2 threads (10/11 chapters per thread)
  • 3 threads (7 chapters by thread)
  • 4 threads (5 chapters per thread)
  • more than 4 threads (please comment)

0 voters

You can pick two options if you are not exactly decided.

2 Likes

Okay haha! So half of us would prefer just one thread, and half of us would prefer three threads. :thinking:

I’m wondering whether having two threads would be a fair compromise, or whether this would be jarring to everybody (because it’s either too many or too few threads)? The other viable option (to me) would be to forget this whole discussion and just roll with this one thread, just like for the other book. What do you say?

• 1 thread
  • 2 threads

0 voters

I voted one thread before, but seeing as there are more people in favour of multiple threads than there are for one, and out of those the majority voted 3, I suggest we go with three. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, this doesn’t exactly make things easier :rofl: but also not really more complicated tbh :sweat_smile:

So if we assume that you change your vote from 1 to 3, then we’d have 5 people in favor of 3 threads, 3 people in favor of 1 thread, and 1 person in favor of 2 threads (the other person voted twice).
So yes, I guess it is closer to what everybody likes if we roll with 3 threads than 2. I hope everybody is ok with this kinda spontaneous decision :upside_down_face:
if not, please speak up! - I will probably put up the threads tomorrow so that people can start reading soon

2 Likes

My reasoning is that the real decision is between one thread or more. If someone prefers more, will they really be particular about how many there will be? So even if I don’t change my vote, we have (in my imagined poll of 1 vs several) 4 people voting for 1 thread and 5 people voting for several. Out of those 5, 1 voted for 2 threads, 4 voted for 3 threads, and 1 voted for either 2 or 3 threads. It sounds complicated, but in my mind it’s clear the majority wants 3 threads. :grin:

2 Likes

I like that we both have quite different lines of reasoning and still get to the same result :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Well, I voted for 1, but to make things easier, I’ll just concede. It’s not like I’ll be on this book anytime soon, so if the ones who are going to be reading it prefer more threads, than that seems the most logical to me.

2 Likes