Week 4 Jan 28 第56話 頭脳派カラーズ
Week 5 Feb 4 第57話 花粉症だから
Week 6 Feb 11 第58話 朝すごい
Week 7 Feb 18 第59話 よっちゃんとモノクロ大佐
Week 8 Feb 25 第60話 雨時々 ハモリ
Week 9 Mar 4 第61話 結衣やる
Week 10 Mar 11 第62話 ハズレバンダ

Discussion Rules

• If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
  • Please mention the chapter and page number.
  • Please use spoiler tags for major events.
  • If you read ahead, please hold questions until during or after the appropriate week.

Members

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

4 Likes

第53話 ロカソーチ

2023-01-06T15:00:00Z

For the curious…ろ過装置.

7 Likes

I love how the method of acquiring tissues is just “go find someone handing them out on a street corner”.

I rather expected them to get sidetracked and never actually build the thing.

That said, not completely sure Kotoha’s got the instructions right. I tried Googling for ペットボトル ろ過装置, and while there’s a few variations, most generally use shredded cotton or gauze rather than tissue (wet tissues fall apart anyway, no?), and the order tends towards rocks > cotton > charcoal > cotton > rocks.

For example:

6 Likes

I am indeed surprised that they actually finished their project, seemed pretty ambitious for the Colors, but they made it through!

They have a bottle and a dream

6 Likes

第54話 平和

Start Date: 2023-01-13T15:00:00Z

Knowing one word should get you through 50% of this chapter.

3 Likes

壁ドン? :slightly_smiling_face:

Poor Kotoha…

2 Likes

I was thinking along the lines of ポッポー.

2 Likes

第55話 三人四脚

Start Date: 2023-01-20T15:00:00Z

6 Likes

Heh. A four-legged race.

Real world locations! First time in a few chapters that the characters have gone out into the wild. The final panel of the chapter is here - I’ve crossed the road at this intersection myself. Here’s my photo of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

The first panel on that page is the same street view location, turned ninety degrees to the right.

Working backwards from there, I’d say the pharmacy they visit is this one, though why they’d walk a whole block to visit one I have no idea - you can literally see one on the left side of my photo above, and it’s on the same street they started on. In any case, if you zoom in on the middle doorway, you can see the “Tax Free” sign on the back wall that’s visible in the final panel of the chapter’s ninth page. Also, it’s got a brick-paved road and footpath outside, and the building’s facade is made of large square “stones”, same as the manga.

What’s happening on the secret base’s whiteboard there? I can see the New Year stuff - the eggplant, hawk and Fuji-san - but what’s the deal with ハエがかあさん? It vaguely rings a bell (a common pun of some description?) but nothing’s coming to mind.

Gotta love that pre-covid logic. I’m pretty sure she’s got a cold - better get right up close to make sure. Better hold her hands so she doesn’t get away.

Also, I was genuinely expecting Yui to accidentally smash the medicine on a wall or something, shaking the bag around like that.

5 Likes

第56話 頭脳派カラーズ

Start Date: 2023-01-27T15:00:00Z

5 Likes

These Intellectual Colours can get rather wordy.

Have we ever heard Sacchan’s mother’s name before?

3 Likes
The family name came up in volume 6.

(Well, that and every time we’ve seen her shop’s name.)

But for her mother’s given name (the part you’re asking about), this is the only time it shows up in the series.

2 Likes

I didn’t know we were actually reading Death Note

4 Likes

第57話 花粉症だから

Start Date: 2023-02-03T15:00:00Z

Short chapter this week.

5 Likes

My thought exactly.

Also, didn’t we already do a hay fever chapter? Wonder if gas masks are gonna become common in Tokyo during hay fever season.

The title page amuses me, though. もう少しで人になる

5 Likes

Well, I’ve been reading along each week, but was thinking today: Huh. The thread seems like it’s been rather quiet. I don’t even remember the notification for reading this week.

I’ve not had the thread set to watching. :person_facepalming:

4 Likes
Yui reacts to seeing someone wasn't watching the thread.

4 Likes

3 Likes

第58話 朝すごい

Start Date: 2023-02-10T15:00:00Z

Good morning!

4 Likes

Think the biggest mystery here is what are they doing there so early in the morning?

Also, how long as Oyaji’s shop had a sign on it saying “smog here”? What does it mean?

Was wondering if that hotel sign in the background of the first panel showing Oyaji’s shop would let me narrow down its location, but so far I haven’t had much further luck…

Bugs me a bit that all the Colours have the same handwriting.

5 Likes