📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

Mar 24, Fri of Week 13 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• うらら迷路帖 Vol.3 (51-68%)

School, moreover, western.

• 残月記 : 月景石 Ch.4 latter half

I will certainly save you.

• うたわれるもの

Even if I continue with 偽りの画面, it appears to be dreams and training sessions; so I went on to the next one, 二人の白皇. Actually restarted, because I did this one first with the game series, before realizing the chronological sequence.

I am too used to the keyboard shortcuts to get to a previous line and perhaps replay the audio.

Words of the day
  • ハイカラ(.) = western stylishness (e.g. of clothing). Originally form ハイカラー (= high collar of a shirt), but the meaning became more specific. I guessed, high-color, and isn’t really an impossible answer.
  • ()()ぜ = to mix; to jumble. ()う refers to entwining of threads.
  • (あが)める = to deify; to worship. I am more used to another verb, (たた)る (= to curse; to haunt)
  • (よわ)()(たた)() = misfortune never comes singly
  • 渡航(とこう) = voyage overseas, by ship or airship
  • (まれびと) = visitor from afar. Indeed, (まれ) + (ひと).
  • (てい)たらく = predicament. I have seen another form before, 為体(ていたらく). The first Kanji can also be read テイ.
  • 鼻面(はなづら) = a muzzle (to put on a horse’s mouth and nose)
  • 仇同士(かたきどうし) = mutual enemy. (かたき) refers to an opponent / a foe / a long-standing enemy, and the phrase uses this, rather than (あだ) (= someone with grudge towards; the grudge itself).
  • 苦節(くせつ) = dogged perseverance
  • 風景(ふうけい) = scenery; landscape (e.g. of beautiful sightseeing / an occurrence)
  • 孤高(ここう) = independent; being able to sustain oneself by one person
  • 累加(るいか) = cumulative; progressive increase. First Kanji also in 累積(るいせき) and 累計(るいけい),
16 Likes