๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Welp, looks like Iโ€™m starting another club, haha. :joy: I guess I have to go dig my paper copies out so I can start looking at number of chapters and chapter lengths.

Yeah, there is some of that. Thankfully, at least for me, they are in a minority.

9 Likes

Mar 11, Sat of Week 11 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ๅคขๅๅคœ Night 4

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.1 (58-77%)

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

Words of the day
  • ใ‚ธใƒงใƒชใ‚ธใƒงใƒช = (on-mim) scrape-scrape
  • ใ—ใ‚‡ใ’ใ‚‹ = to be disheartened = ๆ‚„ๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ’)ใ‚‹
  • ็†Ÿ(ใ†)ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to ripen. Kanji from ๆˆ็†Ÿ(ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ).
  • ใŸใใ‚Šๅฏ„(ใ‚ˆ)ใ›ใ‚‹ = to haul in = ๆ‰‹็นฐ(ใŸใ)ใ‚Šๅฏ„(ใ‚ˆ)ใ›ใ‚‹
  • ็ผถ่ฉฐ(ใ‹ใ‚“ใฅ)ใ‚ = confinement / canned food
  • ้›น(ใฒใ‚‡ใ†) = hail (ice drops falling). Has Furigana.
  • ๆ—ฅ็…ง(ใฒใง)ใ‚Š = drought; dry weather. Also, not being satisfied.
  • ้ผป็ท’(ใฏใชใŠ) = sandal strap. Well, no Furigana confuses me. Saw before with Furigana, and reading guessable, but I couldnโ€™t remember the word. Doesnโ€™t look like Kanji are explanatory.
  • ่ก€็ตฑๆ›ธ(ใ‘ใฃใจใ†ใ—ใ‚‡) = pedigree document (for pet animals)
  • ็—ดๆƒ…(ใกใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†) = being madly in love
  • ๆจ(ใ™)ใฆ็Šฌ(ใ„ใฌ) = abandoned dog
  • ็œŸ้ฎ(ใ—ใ‚“ใกใ‚…ใ†) = brass (copper ้Š…(ใฉใ†) and zinc ไบœ้‰›(ใ‚ใˆใ‚“) alloy). Has Furigana.
  • ็ญง(ใ‹ใ‘ใฒ) = water conduit. Has Furigana.
  • ไธๅ‡่กก(ใตใใ‚“ใ“ใ†) = imbalance. The last Kanji in Level 57.
  • ไธŠ่ƒŒ(ใ†ใ‚ใœใ„) = height; stature
  • ่„ณๅคฉ(ใฎใ†ใฆใ‚“) = crown of the head
16 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 11th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 17.47% // Volume II: 96.54% :camping:

Went to finish the volume today but I cannot, there is too much Japanese, it is too powerful

Words found under the kotatsu

็ฅ่จ€ใ€Œใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Festivities; celebration; wedding

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1562)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

17 Likes

Right? Of course, the site didnโ€™t say the address it was delivered to, so I donโ€™t know how the street name and residence number compare, but even if they were similar, the city name and zip code are both totally different

7 Likes

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :four_leaf_clover: ๏ผ“ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ‘ๆ—ฅ :four_leaf_clover: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ใฏใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅ็—‡ใงใ™ ch 8, 9, 10
  • ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ pg 30 โ†’ 38 - deceptive page count, finished the 1st main section and had a few pages of set-up for the next one.
  • ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 31, 32 - chapter 31 might be one of the cutest chapters of manga iโ€™ve ever read, and iโ€™ve read a lot of cute chapters of manga in my day.

Word of the Day:
ๅด‡้ซ˜ใ€Œใ™ใ†ใ“ใ†ใ€ใƒผ lofty, sublime, noble

19 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // March 11

ใƒปใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (27% โ†’ 28%)

Too tired to read much, my eyes canโ€™t handle this :')
Canโ€™t wait to get my new glasses :durtle_megane:

17 Likes

No time to read today, had to spend two hours being a good Swede watching Melodifestivalen, where Sweden decides what song&artist to send to Eurovision Song Contest.

I think our chances are meh. Sending the same artist with a worse song (in my opinion) is not likely to work, but hey, I could be wrong. :woman_shrugging: I watch it for the spectacle, not for the music (too many generic pop songs that donโ€™t really stand out and the artist rarely feel fully authentic singing them (might be pressure though)). Eurovision is even better for that. The clothes, the dancing, the scenography, tends to be pretty out there, and is good for a laugh if nothing else. xD

16 Likes

Home

• 2 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 158.
  • ๆฅตไธปๅคซ้“ ch 97-98
  • ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž
16 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

March 11th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 1
122 -153

ๅญฃ็ฏ€(ใใ›ใค)ใ‚’ๆ„‰(ใŸใฎ)ใ—ใ‚€366ๆ—ฅ(ใŸใฎใ—ใ‚€)
3/12

I think seasons said on this day in history, weekends were adopted as break days, but there were a lot of kanji combos I hadnโ€™t seen before lol

I really wanted to finish fukakai, but I fell asleep. Today Iโ€™ll finish it for sure though!

18 Likes

March 11 :snowflake: Home Post

Pretty busy today due to friends visiting from out of town, so just barely snuck in the beginning bits of setup for BU$TAFELLOWS Shuu route! Should be a good time, I have many adventures to go on haha

18 Likes

Doing a bit better last 2 days

11/3 14 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น, 11 pages Spy Family (finished mission 29)

12/3 9 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น, 21 pages Spy Family (finished mission 30)

19 Likes

March 11th!

I forgot to post this yesterday - But I did read as usual!
I read Chapter 62 of Mitsuboshi Colors, and finished off Volume 7. :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

18 Likes

March home post

March 12th

Didnโ€™t get much reading in this week but I read the first chapter of Blue Box today and will definitely continue with it if it gets picked up as a book club! I was on the basketball team in highschool and play some badminton as an adult so this is a perfect pick for my first sports manga.

Also reading a little more yotubato - gonna have to read more on weekdays if I want to do 2 volumes per month!

20 Likes

Mar 12, Sun of Week 11 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

• ๅคขๅๅคœ Night 5

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.1 (77-100%)

I also decided to continue to the next volume, for 4ใ‚ณใƒž standard and comedy.

Words of the day
  • ใƒ“ใ‚ทใƒ“ใ‚ท(.) = (on-mim) being very strict / relentlessly. Itโ€™s the first meaning in context. Some possible other meanings include (floor) grating sound / running nose.
  • ใ‚ญใƒ“ใ‚ญใƒ“(.) = (on-mim) energetic; lively
  • ใƒ“ใ‚ญใƒ“ใ‚ญ(.) = (on-mim) cracking (veins)
  • ใ‚ฎใƒญใƒช(.) = (on-mim) staring. Appears to be a variant of ใ‚ฎใƒงใƒญใƒช and ใ‚ฎใƒฉใƒช.
  • ใ‚ฆใƒ€ใ‚ฆใƒ€(.) = (on-mim) going on and on about; talking nonsense
  • ใ—ใฃใฝใ‚Š(.) = (on-mim) passionately / drenched
  • ใƒ‘ใ‚ฟใƒ‘ใ‚ฟ(.) = (on-mim) flapping; quickly. Compare ใƒใ‚ฟใƒใ‚ฟ.
  • ใƒชใƒณ = phosphorus (P) = ็‡(ใ‚Šใ‚“)
  • ใƒžใƒณใ‚ฌใƒณ(.) = manganese (Mn). ใ€Œๆบ€ไฟบใ€ใจใ‚‚ๆ›ธใ, but thatโ€™s not in IME.
  • ใ‚ขใ‚จใƒณ = zinc (Zn) = ไบœ้‰›(ใ‚ใˆใ‚“). Second Kanji is ้‰›(ใชใพใ‚Š) (= lead, Pb); so Asian / demi-humanโ€™s lead?
  • ใ‚ซใƒขใƒก = seagull = ้ดŽ(ใ‹ใ‚‚ใ‚)
  • ใซใถใกใ‚“ = dullard. Probably just ้ˆ(ใซใถ)ใ„, and I knew ใ‚„ใ‚Šใกใ‚“ beforehand. (I can also somewhat guess the latter half.)
  • ใ‚ใˆใชใ = tragically = ๆ•ข(ใ‚)ใˆ็„ก(ใช)ใ. In context as ใ‚ใˆใชใๆฒก(ใผใค).
  • ๅ‘ช(ใพใ˜ใช)ใ† = to cast a charm. Has Furigana. Also in ใŠใพใ˜ใชใ„. Another reading is ๅ‘ช(ใฎใ‚)ใ† (= to curse).
  • ๆ‰ฎ(ใตใ‚“)ใ™ใ‚‹ = to dress up. The Kanji like in ๆ‰ฎ่ฃ…(ใตใ‚“ใใ†).
  • ไปฎ่ฃ…(ใ‹ใใ†) = costume wearing; cosplaying / disguising
  • ๆ‰‹(ใฆ)ใถใ‚‰ = empty-handed. It appears to have another meaning as well, from the last two Kana in Katakana.
  • ๆžœๆ•ข(ใ‹ใ‹ใ‚“) = determined; daring
  • ๆญฏ(ใฏ)ใใ = gingiva; dental gums = ๆญฏ่ŒŽ(ใฏใใ)
  • ่‡€้ƒจ(ใงใ‚“ใถ) = buttocks. ใƒ‡ใƒณ part is a buttock.
  • ็›ฎๅฐป(ใ‚ใ˜ใ‚Š) = outer corner of an eye. Just nothing regarding the butt, though it is tail / end in a way.
  • ็›ฎ้ ญ(ใ‚ใŒใ—ใ‚‰) = inner corner of an eye. Nothing surprising here, other than the reading (like ใŠ้ ญ(ใ‹ใ—ใ‚‰)).
  • ่ฟฐ่ชž(ใ˜ใ‚…ใคใ”) = a predicate of a sentence, e.g. action, condition, explaining the subject.
  • ๆ†”ๆ‚ด(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ„) = being worn out. Has Furigana.
  • ๅผ•(ใฒ)ใ้‡‘(ใŒใญ) = trigger
  • ็™ฝ็ฒ‰(ใŠใ—ใ‚ใ„) = face powder. Has Furigana. Of course, ใ€ŒใŠ็™ฝใ„ใ€ใฎๆ„.
  • ไธๅŸ’(ใตใ‚‰ใก) = outrageous. Second Kanji is limits, like in ๅŸ’(ใ‚‰ใก)ใŒๆ˜Ž(ใ‚)ใ‹ใชใ„.
  • ๅผๆ˜Ž(ในใ‚“ใ‚ใ„) = apology; explaining oneself
  • ๏ฝž่‰˜(ใใ†) = counter for small boats
  • ่‰ช(ใ‚) = Japanese scull (oar attached to the rear of the boat by a traditional peg-in-hole oarlock). Has Furigana.
  • ่ˆซ(ใ‚‚ใ‚„)ใ„ = a rope to moor a boat. Has Furigana.
  • ๅ…ฑๅญ˜ๅ…ฑๆ „(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใใ‚“ใใ‚‡ใ†ใˆใ„) = co-existence
  • ่’ๅ”็„ก็จฝ(ใ“ใ†ใจใ†ใ‚€ใ‘ใ„) = nonsensical
  • ้บๆ†พ(ใ„ใ‹ใ‚“)ใฎๆ„(ใ„) = disappointment. I am too used to seeing ใ„ใ‹ใ‚“ in Kana, and forgot the Kanji.
  • ้ ฌๆ–(ใปใŠใฅใˆ)ใ‚’ใคใ = to rest oneโ€™s chin in oneโ€™s hands
  • ็ฎ(ใŸใŒ)ใŒๅค–(ใฏใš)ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to become restrained; to lose self-control. First Kanji has Furigana, ็ฎ(ใŸใŒ) = a hoop to lock barrels, buckets.
17 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 12th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 17.79% // Volume II: 100% :evergreen_tree:

Volume II complete!

Words found under the kotatsu

ไผฝ็พ…ใ€Œใใ‚ƒใ‚‰ใ€ใƒผ Aloes wood

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

18 Likes

I havenโ€™t been posting, but Iโ€™ve tracked my daily reading during these after-challenge days.

Days 60 through 70

:spiral_calendar: Day 60: March 1st :snowman_with_snow:

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 5 (61% โžจ 68%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 61: March 2nd :scarf:

spacer:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 11 (14% โžจ 24%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 62: March 3rd :gloves:

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 5 (68% โžจ 73%)

spacer:mag: ๅๆŽขๅตใ‚ณใƒŠใƒณ Volume 14 (35% โžจ 37%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 63: March 4th :closed_umbrella:

spacer:scream: ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ใฏใ€ใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅ็—‡ใงใ™ใ€‚ Volume 1 (26% โžจ 29%)

spacer:tangerine: orange Volume 7 (35% โžจ 49%)

spacer:sun_with_face: ๅคขใฟใ‚‹ๅคช้™ฝ Volume 5 (36% โžจ 55%)

spacer:ninja:t2: ใใƒŽไธ€ใƒ„ใƒใ‚ญใฎ่ƒธใฎๅ†… Volume 7 (36% โžจ 47%)

spacer:crossed_swords: YAIBA Volume 1 (46% โžจ 57%)

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 5 (73% โžจ 83%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 64: March 5th :mountain_snow:

spacer:ninja:t2: ใใƒŽไธ€ใƒ„ใƒใ‚ญใฎ่ƒธใฎๅ†… Volume 7 (47% โžจ 59%)

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 5 (83% โžจ 100%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 65: March 6th :snowboarder:

spacer:ninja:t2: ใใƒŽไธ€ใƒ„ใƒใ‚ญใฎ่ƒธใฎๅ†… Volume 7 (59% โžจ 70%)

spacer:ocean: ARIA The MASTERPIECE Volume 6 (25% โžจ 33%)

spacer:eyeglasses: ๅฅฝใใชๅญใŒใ‚ใŒใญใ‚’ๅฟ˜ใ‚ŒใŸ Volume 10 (38% โžจ 50%)

spacer:crossed_swords: YAIBA Volume 1 (57% โžจ 68%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 66: March 7th :gloves:

spacer:ninja:t2: ใใƒŽไธ€ใƒ„ใƒใ‚ญใฎ่ƒธใฎๅ†… Volume 7 (70% โžจ 79%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 67: March 8th :snowflake:

spacer:ninja:t2: ใใƒŽไธ€ใƒ„ใƒใ‚ญใฎ่ƒธใฎๅ†… Volume 7 (79% โžจ 100%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 68: March 9th :mountain_snow:

spacer:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 11 (24% โžจ 34%)

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 6 (0% โžจ 7%)

spacer:girl: ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ(ๅ…ƒ)้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 11 (52% โžจ 59%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 69: March 10th :snowflake:

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 6 (7% โžจ 12%)

:spiral_calendar: Day 70: March 11th :evergreen_tree:

spacer:mag: ๅๆŽขๅตใ‚ณใƒŠใƒณ Volume 14 (37% โžจ 37%)

spacer:tangerine: orange Volume 7 (49% โžจ 60%)

spacer:sun_with_face: ๅคขใฟใ‚‹ๅคช้™ฝ Volume 5 (55% โžจ 73%)

spacer:crossed_swords: YAIBA Volume 1 (68% โžจ 79%)

spacer:crossed_swords: ใƒใ‚ฑใƒƒใƒˆใƒขใƒณใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผใ‚นใƒšใ‚ทใƒฃใƒซ Volume 7 (6% โžจ 29%)

A while back, I wanted to start reading some of the earlier works by Detective Conanโ€™s mangaka. As part of that, Iโ€™ve been reading the first volume of Yโˆ€IBA.

I think Yaiba is the most unlikable main character I have ever encountered. He goes out of his way to cause trouble for others, causes physical harm to others for fun, recklessly destroys incalculable amounts of property damage to random bystanders, and seems like heโ€™s only rewarded for his efforts by getting what he wants.

Iโ€™m only considering continuing the series past volume 1 because itโ€™s 24 volumes long. At that length, it feels like there has to be a redemption arc. Thereโ€™s no way Yaiba made it 24 volumes doing the same antics seen throughout volume 1.

20 Likes

I finished the week 6 reading of ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท just in time to open week 7, and am 2/3 of the way done with the week 2 reading for ใƒฌใƒ™ใƒซ๏ผ—, also right before the next week opens.

Iโ€™m yet again surprised by how easy ใƒฌใƒ™ใƒซ๏ผ— reads. Iโ€™m reading the paperback with few to no lookups and honestly kind of speeding along. I have no doubt Iโ€™ll finish the entire reading today and probably have time for starting the week 6 ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€ใ‚‚ใฎใฏ assignment (โ€ฆif I donโ€™t get distracted and do something else). I suppose I was expecting it to be much harder given that ็ซ่ปŠ had so many lookups for me, and ๅˆ‘ไบ‹ใฎๅญ was quite difficultโ€ฆback in 2020. I wonder what Iโ€™d think of that book now :thinking:

20 Likes

March 12th!

Today I read this week ABBC assignment of Ruri Dragon, and then a chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san.

(Home Post)

19 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: March 12 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

Loopers :infinity:

I was only gonna read a little, but then I realized the end of the chapter was probably pretty close so finished chapter 9. According to mine and my reading partnerโ€™s plan, I have another week scheduled for this chapter, but that is fine, it means I can dig into B$ tomorrow and maybe get ahead there a bit. Considering Iโ€™m one route behind on B$, that would be good. ^^

Also, Iโ€™ll put up the thread for Ouran HS Host Club some time next week. A few club duties should finish up then so I can spend some time with that. I kinda made myself a bit swamped with the amount of duties Iโ€™m performing this week, and I figured people would be happy to see me spamming the book club section less. :crazy_face:

20 Likes

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :four_leaf_clover: ๏ผ“ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ’ๆ—ฅ :four_leaf_clover: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 33, 34
  • ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ pg 38 โ†’ 41 - had a lil section on ้ก”ๆ–‡ๅญ— today (^หตโ—•ฯ‰โ—•หต^)

Word of the Day:
ๅ†…่‡“ใ€Œใชใ„ใžใ†ใ€ใƒผ internal organs

18 Likes