Started ๅƒ•ใŒๆ„›ใ—ใŸใ™ในใฆๅ›ใธ but only had time to read like a page

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 26

Read ๅƒ•ใŒๆ„›ใ—ใŸใ™ในใฆๅ›ใธ until the first section break

20 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 26 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

Komi-san :speech_balloon:
Encore in Death by JD Robb

On Feb 25, I started Encore in Death by JD Robb in the evening, so I read some English fiction as well as non-fiction. Then yesterday (26th), I read the rest of that book. This series by JD Robb (pen name of Nora Roberts) have 50+ books in it, it is just comfort food by now. I enjoy getting to read two such novels a year, knowing mostly what Iโ€™ll get: a mystery (sometimes very dark) and some more development of the cast (usually) or at least fun interactions between them. A bit like still watching a loved TV-series in season 8. Not really expecting anything wow-worthy most of the time, but a good time nonetheless.

This would also be my 12th finished book in English this year, meaning Iโ€™m still ahead of my goal of one a week. ^^

Anyway, I also read this weekโ€™s Komi-san yesterday. Iโ€™m enjoying Komi-san and feel like it is stretching my muscles some since I actually have to think about some sentences to make sense of them, but not so much that I need to look up things. I think Iโ€™ll be reading ahead on this series, because I want something uncomplicated and not that hard to read along side the rather lookup heavy Bustafellows. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

February 27th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 12 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Read up to page 181, finished chapter 45 and volume 11.
Began reading volume 12, read up to page 17.
Today: Continued up to page 142, finished chapters 46, 47 and 48.

One chapter left. :eyes:

I definitely donโ€™t remember much about this volume and I didnโ€™t quite understand Eriolโ€™s explanation regarding Yue and why he created Ruby and Spinel. Ah well. :man_shrugging:

Speaking of not remembering things: much younger me completely wiped the following part of Mizuki-sensei and Eriol confessing their love to each other out of my memory โ€“ and for good reason: what the hell is wrong with you, Mizuki-sensei?! First Toya when he was a middle schooler, now Eriol whoโ€™s still in primary school. Granted, Eriol is Clowโ€™s reincarnation with memories mostly intact(?), acts more mature yadda yadda but that still doesnโ€™t make it less creepy in my book. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

And while Iโ€™m on the topic of creepy relationships, the Terada-sensei & Rika one got a chapter cover illustration as well as a scene of Rika going somewhere and telling Sakura that sheโ€™s about to meet someone (Terada-sensei) which confirms these two meeting in settings outside of school. Yikes!

At least one nice relationship is about to develop as Shaolan finally confessed his love to Sakura. Also, he started calling her by her name instead of using โ€˜omaeโ€™ to refer to her (emergency situations aside).
I have to say that I ended up liking and appreciating him more during my rereading of the series as I could witness him becoming more reliable and, for the lack of a better word, mature over the volumes. Heโ€™s still not my favourite character or anything but I like him now as opposed to where I used to be rather โ€˜meh, heโ€™s kind of a nuisanceโ€™ on him all these years ago.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
้–‰ใ˜่พผใ‚ใ‚‹ - (ใจใ˜ใ“ใ‚ใ‚‹) - to lock up, to shut up, to imprison

Honourable mention(s):
ไบบ้จ’ใŒใ› - (ใฒใจใ•ใ‚ใŒใ›) - person that annoys or causes trouble; false alarm

21 Likes

Read my section of Chainsaw Man Buddy Stories for the evening.

Got about an hour or so of Steins;Gate.

Did my little bit of Genshin too and did in fact read since it was the main story. (though I already feel like itโ€™s just gonna be like "Ok, hereโ€™s the Abyss, itโ€™s impossible by design and your gonna give us money to progress further but never beat it.โ€™

Will write my reflections tomorrow.

19 Likes

home post

27th feb

vol 6 of ่Ÿฒๅธซ begins, and with a solid opening story! going off previous experience, i assume this is the only one with a happy ending in this volume :joy: good characters, interesting premise with expressive art, all round great start!

words that stood out: ่ฟทใ„ๆ˜Ÿ (ใพใ‚ˆใ„ใผใ—, planet. i knew ๆƒ‘ๆ˜Ÿ but didnโ€™t make the connection), ๆฉ็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใš (ใŠใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‰ใš, ungrateful), ่›‡่กŒ (ใ ใ“ใ†, meandering, snaking. good to know the snake connection is multi-lingual :+1:)

thereโ€™s only one more day left, when did that happen

19 Likes

Feb 27, Mon of Week 10 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.7 Ch.30 (start volume)

Words of the day
  • ๅ‡Œ(ใ—ใฎ)ใ = to surpass; to outdo / to survive through
  • ๆญ(ใ†ใ‚„ใ†ใ‚„)ใ—ใ„ = respectful. Kanji and single vocabulary in Level 56. On reading is ใ‚ญใƒงใ‚ฆ, in yesterdayโ€™s ๆญ้ †(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“) (= allegiance; compliant submission).
    • I confused with ๆ…•(ใ—ใŸ)ใ†, but couldnโ€™t pick up ใ—.
  • ้™(ใ‚ใถใฟ) = stirrup; footstall for riding a horse. Has Furigana. From ่ถณ(ใ‚ใ—) + ่ธ(ใต)ใฟ.
  • ๅคงๅทฅ(ใ ใ„ใ) = carpenter. Indeed, I couldnโ€™t remember from someoneโ€™s thread a while ago.
  • ็ˆชๅฐ(ใคใ‚ใ„ใ‚“) = a thumbprint. Has Furigana. Not just print of a nail or a claw, is it?
  • ็ฒ—ๅฟฝ(ใใ“ใค) = careless. Has Furigana. Second Kanji also in ๅฟฝ็„ถ(ใ“ใคใœใ‚“)ใจ and ๅฟฝ(ใŸใกใพ)ใก.
  • ่ฆ‹ๅˆ(ใฟใ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to fall in love at first sight. Has Furigana. As for the second Kanji, ไปฎๅˆ(ใ‹ใ‚Šใใ‚) also has this reading.
  • ็ฝฎ(ใŠ)ใๅŽป(ใ–)ใ‚Šใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to leave (a person) behind
  • ่‰ฒ็›ฎ(ใ„ใ‚ใ‚)ใ‚’ไฝฟ(ใคใ‹)ใ† = to ogle; to leer
  • ๆฐ—(ใ)ใฎๅ‘(ใ‚€)ใใพใพใซ = at oneโ€™s whim
  • ใใ‚ŠใŒๅˆ(ใ‚)ใ‚ใชใ„ = unable to get along
  • ๆฉŸๅ…ˆ(ใใ›ใ‚“)ใ‚’ๅˆถ(ใ›ใ„)ใ™ใ‚‹ = to get a head start; to forestall
  • ๆฏ’ๆฐ—(ใฉใฃใ)ใ‚’ๆŠœ(ใฌ)ใ‹ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to be taken aback; to be dumbfounded
  • ็‚บไฝ“(ใฆใ„ใŸใ‚‰ใ) = predicament = ใ–ใพ. Has Furigana.
  • ่ฆ่ก(ใ‚ˆใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = strategic point
  • ใฎในใคๅน•็„ก(ใพใใช)ใ— = without a break; without stopping = ใฎในใค
  • ๅถๅ–Š(ใจใฃใ‹ใ‚“) = battle cry / rushing at enemies. Has Furigana. Sound from ็ช่ฒซ(ใจใฃใ‹ใ‚“).
  • ๅพŒ่ฉฐ(ใ”ใฅใ‚) = rear guard; reserve army = ๅพŒ่ฉฐ(ใ”ใฅ)ใ‚
  • ๆ‚ช้ฌผ็พ…ๅˆน(ใ‚ใฃใใ‚‰ใ›ใค) = man-eating fiend. Has Furigana. ็พ…ๅˆน(ใ‚‰ใ›ใค) is a demigod in Buddhism / Hinduism, it seems; but I donโ€™t know much about the culture myself.
  • ้ขจๅ‰(ใตใ†ใœใ‚“)ใฎ็ฏ็ซ(ใจใ‚‚ใ—ใณ) = precarious situation. No Furigana. It seems ็ซ(ใฒ) can be omitted and still read the same. ็ฏ็ซ(ใจใ‚‚ใ—ใณ) can also be used alone = a torch = ็ฏ(ใจใ‚‚)ใ™ + ็ซ(ใฒ).
  • ็ƒๅˆ(ใ†ใ”ใ†)ใฎ่ก†(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†) = disorderly crowd; mob. Has Furigana. First Kanji is ็ƒ(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ™) = crow; raven.
  • ไธ่ˆˆ(ใตใใ‚‡ใ†)ใ‚’่ฒท(ใ‹)ใ† = to incur someoneโ€™s displeasure; to fall into disgrace
18 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 27th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 13.65% // Volume II: 54.89% :crossed_swords:

Happy Pokemon day! :durtle_yellow_rodent:

Words found under the kotatsu

่‚ฅๆฒƒใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใใ€ใƒผ Fertile; rich; productive
็ฑ ๅŸŽใ€Œใ‚ใ†ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€ใƒผ Holding a castle (like during a siege or so); confinement; staying at home; staying indoors

Forms
่ฏ็ตก ๏ผ ้€ฃ็ตกใ€Œใ‚Œใ‚“ใ‚‰ใใ€(Contacting; getting in touch)

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1561)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

17 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 57: February 26th :snowman_with_snow:

spacer:tangerine: orange Volume 7 (25% โžจ 35%)

20 Likes

:snowflake: Day 58, 27th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Letโ€™s escape those wolves! Also Gogotsu is here again. What a weird teleporting wolf.

What a weird teleporting wolf that proclaims to go and defeat the current king and become the new king. I misunderstood it at first that Bardo is going to be the new king, but I think itโ€™s what the kingdom is called. I need to pay more attention to particles.

17 Likes

February 27th!

Today I started reading Volume 11 of Teasing Master Takagi-san and also read this weeks ABBC assignment of Ruri Dragon.

(Home Post)

19 Likes

February 27 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 48-51%

A much shorter reading session today, 10 pages was all I could find time for. Glad to be reading ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด again.

20 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 27 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒปใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (3% โ†’ 4%)

Today was busy, so just a tiny read.

22 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

February 27th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 1
start - 22

I think there was a book club for this one on WK, but I ended up not joining because it felt out of my league. Elsewhere, thereโ€™s another book club, so this time Iโ€™m joining that. tbh, not a fan of this start, especially with the groping to determine gender as that has to be one of the creepiest tropes. This series has been recommended a couple of times though by other queer folks, so Iโ€™m hoping it gets better soon.

Also rip Joseph. Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll convince myself to come back to Part 2 of JoJo :joy: After that, I think I enjoy Part 4 enough not to have the same problem. I know I like Jolyne of 6, so thatโ€™s not a problem either, and 7 was great at grabbing and keeping my attention when I skimmed the beginning.

Oh, I doubt Iโ€™ll finish Land of Lustrous before itโ€™s made unavailable, so for now, Iโ€™ve added it to my buy physical copies in the future list.

19 Likes

I finished this weekโ€™s ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€ใ‚‚ใฎใฏ (I greatly enjoyed this whole chapter) and read the prologue of ใƒฌใƒ™ใƒซ๏ผ—.
Iโ€™m not sure if Iโ€™ll continue it tomorrow or dive into this weekโ€™s ๅŠ่ฝใกโ€ฆor put off ๅŠ่ฝใก a bit so I can binge read it-ish since Iโ€™m sure once I read the next chapter I wonโ€™t want to stop with only the final one remaining.

20 Likes

February 27 :snowflake: Home Post

An overall sleepy day today; it was a bit harder than usual to get up the motivation to actually read something, but in the end I managed a few pages of ๅฑฑ็Œซ so all is well!

Indeed, it was quite the experience! It all worked alright, just a bit tired still haha. Thank you! :blush:

Thank you!! :grin:

19 Likes

Home

Quite a bit of reading today! Quite a bit of variety, too

• ch 93-94 of ๆฅตไธปๅคซ้“
  • ch 1-9 of ใ‚ขใ‚ฟใƒƒใ‚ฏ!! which was all of vol 1 and the first like third of vol 2. The main character is so freaking stupid (affectionate). You can tell this series was definitely written for high school boys, but I still find it entertaining, so.
  • 11 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 65
  • some more of the ใ•ใ‚ˆใชใ‚‰ใ€่ชฐใซใ‚‚ๆ„›ใ•ใ‚Œใชใ‹ใฃใŸ่€…ใŸใกใธ preview
  • Yesterday I started playing The Secret of Cat Island (mobile game), and today I changed the language to JP, so there was some of that, too
some vocab of note:

ใŠใจใ™ [ไป–ใ‚ตไบ”, colloquialism] to win over; to seduce; to conquer (unwillingness). This actually showed up as the furigana for ็ฒๅพ—ใ™, presumably because this sense of ่ฝใจใ™ isnโ€™t used much so Sensei wanted to be sure the meaning was clear.
ๅฑˆๆŒ‡ (ใใฃใ—) [n., ใฎ-adj.] leading; foremost; preeminent; outstanding; one of the best.

20 Likes

Read :clap: Every :clap: Day :clap: Challenge :clap: Winter :clap: 2023 :clap: Review :clap:

ALRIGHT! Last day of the challenge! So hereโ€™s my goals from the start of this challenge and my thoughts, views, ideas, and self-criticism of my performance for this seasons challenge.

Goals Completed for this Challenge :trophy: :white_check_mark:

• :white_check_mark: Focus on quality reading rather than quantity.
  • :white_check_mark: Read harder books (Natively lvl 35-40)
  • :negative_squared_cross_mark: Finish 3 or 4 books

Focus on quality reading rather than quantity.

So this was a point for me that I felt in previous challenges I was just rushing to finish. I think overall, I did achieve this goal. ้’ใƒ–ใ‚ฟ12 was the only book I had finished during the challenge, but it was a good training run for stopping myself from reading just to finish and enjoy the story. I think ultimately when I moved to Re:Zero, I felt that I was less focused on getting to the end and more focused on enjoying my reading experience, which is ultimately why I dropped it and moved on to manga for a bit.

โ€œBut WaniTsunami, look at all the manga you read in these two months!โ€

Yes, Internal Dialogue Guy, I did get into a habit of reading manga daily when I was searching for the next book to get my attention. While I did get a lot of manga reading done, I was enjoying the time I was reading and finishing by the end day was just kind of a bonus. I think I really needed that time to remember how much I enjoyed reading, because Re:Zero 16 was just too slow for me at the end of the day.

After I got into reading ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ I found myself back and reading books again and the quality of my reading time rose sharply, but unfortunately with the sharp rise came an equally sharp fall, which I hope to get back to at a later challenge.

Read harder books (Natively lvl 35-40)

I achieved this with Re:Zero and ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ. Despite not finishing, I had gotten pretty deep into both progress wise, with Re:Zero at around 65% completion and ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ around 47% completion.

Finish 3 or 4 books

The fact this is a green box with an โ€œxโ€ in it feels very appropriate. If I could do it over again, I would have gotten rid of this goal, because it spit in the face of my first goal. I did finish a considerable amount of manga so I did technically achieve this, but I was speaking about books not comic books. Thatโ€™s really all I got to say about that.

Looking Forward

I am pretty good about getting reading practice in every day. Itโ€™s a habit I have had for a few years now, and I think with this challenge I need to set goals around completing a couple books and kind of do what I want on the side. I think if I set up my goals this way I can kind of change what it means to read every day for me. With the Advanced Book club picking ๅ››็•ณๅŠ็ฅž่ฉฑๅคง็ณป being the next book, I want to finish that and possibly return to ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ. Those 2 books are on my Japanese reading bucket lists and I am hellbent on finishing them this year.

Overall I am pretty happy with my results. I read 16 manga and 1 light novel, and started Steins;Gate and Chainsaw Man Buddy Stories. I am gonna enjoy the March break and probably just do my thing. It was fun updating you guys daily about my progress and I am happy some of you looked forward to my posts, that motivated me a lot at the end even though I couldnโ€™t get the 3-4 book goal reached. Thanks for watching my journey and canโ€™t wait for the Spring 2023 challenge! See you there!

25 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ’๏ผ—ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ใ‚คใ‚ธใ‚‰ใชใ„ใงใ€้•ท็€žใ•ใ‚“ ch 123 - been a while since I tried a new one of these in jp before the english was out, pleasantly surprised at how much smoother they feel. Still had to look up some of the judo words and a little slang, but other than that I think I got most of it pretty quickly. I did get stumped by ใ€Œใ‚คใ‚จใ‚นใ‹ใƒŽใƒผใง็ญ”ใˆใฆใใ ใ•ใ„ ใ€for a minute though, somehow english words in japanese trip me up more than kanji :melting_face:
  • ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง pg 137 โ†’ 145, finished ch 11 - I was kind of hoping to finish this by the end of the month, but i kept getting distracted putting it off lmao.

Word of the Day:
ๆฐธ้ ใ€Œใˆใ„ใˆใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ eternity, perpetuity (here: ๆฐธ้ ใฎๅฏ’ใ•๏ผ‰

19 Likes

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 27

Finished the Week 1 reading for ๅƒ•ใŒๆ„›ใ—ใŸใ™ในใฆใฎๅ›ใธ and decided to officially join the club for this round. Also played B$ for like 15 min, just a little extra scene that got unlocked.

Canโ€™t believe itโ€™s the last day of the challenge already!

19 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 27 + 28 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

Komi-san :speech_balloon:
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield :books:

Decided yesterday that I wanted to have a manga I was reading whenever I didnโ€™t want to dive into reading a VN, but I didnโ€™t want to add more currently reading books to my list: Orange, Komi-san, BU$TAFELLOWS, and Loopers. I think four is about the max I want to deal with.

And because Iโ€™ve been following along with the Orange book club (and lead it) for months now, I didnโ€™t want to read ahead of that. So Komi-san it became.

Is it just me, or is Komi-san pretty text heavy for a manga? I read in a review it is a 4koma, but I donโ€™t know if that is true. Flipping through the first couple of chapters shows several pages with more than four boxes that all were together. But honestly, I barely know what a 4koma is, except they tend to be more text heavy. Maybe because this is a gag manga?

In any case, it means I actually stop reading because I get tired. Although it isnโ€™t hard, it just feels rather dense. Iโ€™d personally slot this in the same place as Yotsubato for me. Funny, and a nice break. Very episodic. The last one would normally drive me away, but I think I can enjoy this one despite that, same with Yotsubato.

Man, I should get back to Yotsubato sometime.

Also, me and another have decided to pick back up with Loopers together. Iโ€™m a chapter ahead, so I probably wonโ€™t start reading again until next week, but itโ€™ll be good to get back to it. Gives me time to get on top of B$ in the way I mean to.

Iโ€™m skipping the first route for now, and Iโ€™ll join in with the second route and hopefully squeeze in time for the missed route later. So I have some lighter time with B$ over the next week and a half.

Anyway, I definitely plan to continue in March with the challenge. I might do a write up on Jan and Feb, Iโ€™ll see if I feel like it tomorrow. Otherwise Iโ€™ll just keep going on as I have. (If nothing else, Iโ€™d continue because Iโ€™d like to have more finished than only two manga volumes during the challenge, xD.)

21 Likes