๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 16

Played BU$TAFELLOWS about 1h, definitely lots of fun at the moment, too bad I had to likeโ€ฆ sleep.

20 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 16th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
-

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
14 - 35

I got so tired I went to bed around midnight

19 Likes

home post

17th feb

and thatโ€™s ๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆ0 finished! not gonna say i understood that last chapter as well as previous ones, but i got there. might go through the thread and find an english translation to compare some stuff.

words that stood out: ๆ‹กๆ•ฃ (ใ‹ใใ•ใ‚“, disseminating, spreading, diffusion), ใ—ใถใจใ„ (tenacious, stubborn, unyielding), ใƒŽใƒซใƒž (quota, assignment. will probably never see this again but i donโ€™t see russian loanwords often so), plus a bonus shoutout to miguel who uses katakana instead of hiragana

20 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 47: February 16th :mountain_snow:

spacer:mag: ๅๆŽขๅตใ‚ณใƒŠใƒณ Volume 14 (0% โžจ 9%)

spacer:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 10 (74% โžจ 85%)

20 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 17th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 10.26% // Volume II: 17.85% :wood:

10%!

Words found under the kotatsu

ไฟฎ็ฏ‰ใ€Œใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใกใใ€ใƒผ Repair; restoration; renovation

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€) - Military Commander

ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

18 Likes

Feb 17, Fri of Week 8 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.4

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.4 Ch.16 ่ถŠๅพŒ(ใˆใกใ”)่ก—้“(ใ‹ใ„ใฉใ†)

Diligent native.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

Official grant.

Words of the day
  • ใใ‚ใฉใ„ = risquรฉ; questionable / dangerous; hair-breadth = ้š›็–พ(ใใ‚ใฉ)ใ„
  • ้บ—(ใ†ใ‚‹ใ‚)ใ—ใ„ = lovely; charming; beautiful
  • ่’ธ(ใ‚€)ใ™ = to steam; to be hot and humid (in a hot day). ่’ธ(ใตใ‹)ใ™ can be written similarly (excluding Furigana), or just ่’ธ(ใต)ใ‹ใ™ = to steam (food).
  • ๅคฉๆ™ด(ใ‚ใฃใฑ)ใ‚Œ = praise-worthy
  • ่ฑชๅฅข(ใ”ใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = luxurious
  • ๆ•ฐๅฅ‡(ใ™ใ†ใ) = vicissitudes of fortune; full of ups and downs
  • ๆŸฑ็Ÿณ(ใกใ‚…ใ†ใ›ใ) = pillar (e.g. of a country; of society)
  • ็ฃๅ™จ(ใ˜ใ) = hard-paste porcelain (as opposed to ้™ถๅ™จ(ใจใ†ใ))
  • ๆ‰‡ๆƒ…็š„(ใ›ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฆใ) = sensational; suggestive
  • ไนฑๅ…ฅ(ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใซใ‚…ใ†) = barging in
  • ๅ‹…ๅ‘ฝ(ใกใ‚‡ใใ‚ใ„) = imperial command
  • ่…ฐ็—›(ใ‚ˆใ†ใคใ†) = back pain. On reading of ่…ฐ(ใ“ใ—).
  • ่Šณๅ(ใปใ†ใ‚ใ„) = your honored name (saying humbly). Has Furigana.
  • ใ”่€ไฝ“(ใ‚ใ†ใŸใ„) = (humbly) elderly person
  • ๆ–นไพฟ(ใปใ†ในใ‚“) = means; method
  • ๅพ“้ †(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“) = docile; obedient
  • ๆ‰€็ฎก(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ‹ใ‚“) = jurisdiction; rights and power to govern. Like ๆ‰€ๆœ‰ๆจฉ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ‚†ใ†ใ‘ใ‚“) with ็ฎก่ฝ„(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ‹ใค), I think.
  • ้š ่”ฝ(ใ„ใ‚“ใบใ„) = concealment. Has Furigana.
  • ๆ•ดๅˆๆ€ง(ใ›ใ„ใ”ใ†ใ›ใ„) = consistency; coherence
  • ้ž้–‹็คบ(ใฒใ‹ใ„ใ˜) = non-disclosure
  • ๅฐฑๆดป(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ‹ใค) = job hunting = ๅฐฑ่ทๆดปๅ‹•(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใใ‹ใคใฉใ†). Like getting into sustainable living.
  • ่ตดไปป(ใตใซใ‚“) = moving to a new job. First Kanji in Level 55. Also used in ่ตด(ใŠใ‚‚ใ‚€)ใ.
  • ่ชžๅผŠ(ใ”ใธใ„) = misleading statement
  • ๅœŸ็ ‚้™(ใฉใ—ใ‚ƒใถ)ใ‚Š = downpour; raining. ๅœŸ็ ‚(ใฉใ—ใ‚ƒ) is earth and sand; so the place rain falls to. ๅœŸ็ ‚ๅดฉ(ใฉใ—ใ‚ƒใใš)ใ‚Œ would rather be landslide.
  • ่พฒ่€•(ใฎใ†ใ“ใ†) = farming; agriculture. Second Kanji from ่€•(ใŸใŒใ‚„)ใ™.
  • ๆฐดๅ‘‘็™พๅง“(ใฟใšใฎใฟใฒใ‚ƒใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = poor peasant = ๆฐดๅ‘‘(ใฟใšใฎ)ใฟ็™พๅง“(ใฒใ‚ƒใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†). Perhaps called so, because no money to buy alcohol.
  • ้ ๆฅ(ใˆใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ„)ใฎๅฎข(ใใ‚ƒใ) = visitor for afar
  • ไป–ไบบ(ใŸใซใ‚“)ใฎ็ฉบไผผ(ใใ‚‰ใซ) = accidental resemblance
  • ็ฎๅฃไปค(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ“ใ†ใ‚Œใ„)ใ‚’ๆ•ท(ใ—)ใ = to impose a gag order; to give an order not to mention something. Has Furigana.
  • ้€†้ฑ—(ใ’ใใ‚Šใ‚“)ใซ่งฆ(ใต)ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to infuriate oneโ€™s superior. Second Kanji in ้บ’้บŸ(ใใ‚Šใ‚“) which is both a Qilin / Kirin or a giraffe.
19 Likes

Finished reading ใ€Œไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ใ€ today! :heart:

• Reading time: 221 pages in 20 days = average 11 pages / 5% per day

Honestly loved this book and I also ended up highlighting way too many quotes that I liked :sweat_smile:

Next one will probably be ใกใ‚‡ใฃใจไปŠใ‹ใ‚‰ไป•ไบ‹ใ‚„ใ‚ใฆใใ‚‹, but I will decide tomorrow :joy:

23 Likes

Home

Uh well the past few days I mostly just played some more ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข, but somewhere in there I also read xxxHOLiCโ‘ข, and the last chapter and atogaki of ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚งโ‘ข. Yesterday I read 13 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 20.

21 Likes

February 17th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 9 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Continued up to page 158, finished chapter 37.
Today: Read up to page 187, finished chapter 38, and with that volume 9. :tada:
Began reading volume 10, read up to page 16.

Thanks to Toyaโ€™s intervention Yue and Yukito are still alive and kicking. Never mind that this plot point took like 4 volumes to get resolvedโ€ฆ :expressionless:
Back then and today I still donโ€™t know what to make of the โ€˜you resemble Yukito a lot/in everythingโ€™ lines both Toya and Sakura say to Yue. Sure, theyโ€™re the same being but as far as Iโ€™m concerned Yukito is like a chill and friendly dog/cat whereas Yue comes off as grumpy catโ€™s cousin. :sweat_smile:

Ah well, whatever. Letโ€™s see if I can finish volume 10 during the weekend.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
ไธๅ…ฌๅนณ (ใตใ“ใ†ใธใ„) - unfairness, injustice

22 Likes

February 17th (Day 48) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ (73 - 82%)

Iโ€™ve read chapter 10 today, and damnโ€ฆ That was a long monologue. Interesting, but very exhausting to read. I really hope the next chapter is a little lighter. Only two more to go though! And letโ€™s just ignore the fact that Iโ€™m already falling behind with my ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ readingโ€ฆ (Not to mention Iโ€™ve completely forgotten about my Russian readingโ€ฆ :melting_face:

23 Likes

Day 47
I felt sick the whole day just read some pages of Tsugumomo vol.5 and played Bloody Roar 3 in Japanese. In Bloody Roar 3 the text scrolls super fast its impossible for me to read that fast. :sob:

3450 pages read

18 Likes

February 17th!

Today I read Chapter 44 of Happiness. It was very tempting to read ahead to finish the volumeโ€ฆ but I have house guests coming for the weekend so I did some cleaning insteadโ€ฆ

(Home Post)

21 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 17 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (56% โ†’ 62%)

Today I noticed that ๆถๆ„(ใ‚„ใ‚†) and ๆถๆ„(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹)ใ† have the same kanji. Just like ่บŠ่บ‡(ใกใ‚…ใ†ใกใ‚‡) and ่บŠ่บ‡(ใŸใ‚ใ‚‰)ใ†. Iโ€™m sure there are more examples, canโ€™t recall from the top of my head.

Spoilery story/character comment: After reading the chapter where Maomao joins the emperor go through an emperor-selection-by-choosing-the-correct-door maze, Iโ€™m getting the sense that ไปปๆฐ(ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—) might actually be the emperorโ€™s younger hikikomori brother :eyes: Emperorโ€™s younger brother never participate in events due to being a shut-in and thatโ€™s a very convenient excuse, isnโ€™t it? I hope Iโ€™m not misremembering anything about this โ€œemperorโ€™s younger brotherโ€ character, I literally canโ€™t remember any scenes where he appeared other than being mentioned briefly for the sole reason of pointing out that he was not attending.

Yes! Those flavor words. They typically donโ€™t have an entry in Jisho (or Takoboto, ie. JMdict), and google images often returns Chinese or irrelevant/obscure(?) results.

Example 1: ๅŠๅธฏ(ใƒŽใƒผใ‚นใƒชใƒผใƒ–)ใฎ้•ท่ฃ™(ใƒญใƒณใ‚ฐใ‚นใ‚ซใƒผใƒˆ)
ๅŠๅธฏ โ†’ google images: some kind of strap for fastening your guns/swords and for lifting horses? Also for climbing electric power line poles :+1: Epitome of โ€œno sleeveโ€ outfit, mhm :joy_cat:
้•ท่ฃ™ โ†’ actual Chinese word for long skirt!? :eyes: (disclaimer: did not consult any Chinese dictionaries)

Example 2: ็ˆช็ด…(ใƒžใƒ‹ใ‚ญใƒฅใ‚ข) โ†’ flowers! :smiley: :nail_care:

22 Likes

That one is not Chinese :sweat_smile: While itโ€™s not common in modern Japanese, itโ€™s a thing. It follows the same pattern as ๅฃ็ด… (but for the nails instead of the mouth; thatโ€™s the way I remembered the reading too!). The word can also point to a flower, but the reading is different (thatโ€™s ใคใพใใ‚Œใชใ„ or ใคใพใใ‚Œ instead)

But the skirt thing, though, yes. You get quickly used to it, since every series with a similar โ€œancient Chinaโ€ vibe uses it.

16 Likes

Ah, so it turned out be a historical Japanese thing! I guess the flowers was a confounder, with the reading being different.

11 Likes

At least, I thought it was different because thatโ€™s what my dictionary said, but looking at stuff about the flowers, the word is given the same reading :thinking:

9 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 17th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
-

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
-

The JoJolands
55 pages

Not quite the whole chapter but most of it. My brain had to tap out. Itโ€™s a lot harder to read when youโ€™re not already familiar with the plot and characters. I canโ€™t figure out what one guyโ€™s name is a reference to and searching in Japanese only returned results for the character. Theyโ€™re always some sort of reference though. Someoneโ€™s gotta know.

20 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ—ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง pg 107 โ†’ 120 (finished ch 9)
  • ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 15

Word of the Day:
ไนฑๅ…ฅใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใซใ‚…ใ†ใ€ใƒผ intrusion; bursting into; barging into; breaking into; forcing oneโ€™s way intoโ€‹

22 Likes

Home

I didnโ€™t realize I had gotten ahead at some point in Sร—F, so I had intended to read this past weekโ€™s and this coming weekโ€™s chapters, but I ended up reading this coming weekโ€™s and the next weekโ€™s lol whoops

I also got a slight head start (technically; itโ€™s still Friday in my time zone) on ๆฅตไธปๅคซ้“ and read ch 91-92. Itโ€™s always so hard to put this series down, but I wanted to go on my friend-date with Albert in ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข, so I managed it.

And yeah I played a couple hours of ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข. I got a quest where I need to place several large planters in the Eufaula Desert and plant poplar trees in them, but the only way to get one of the materials I need to make the planters is to trade the Church data disks for them, which I ainโ€™t doing. But the quest ainโ€™t timed so it ainโ€™t disappearing, and now that I have the poplars in my possession, there are a bunch of indicators on the map where theyโ€™re supposed to go which also ainโ€™t gonna be disappearing, arg. I wanna make 'em go away, but I donโ€™t wanna give the Church squat, especially not Old World tech to destroyโ€ฆ Oh the dilemma.

โ€ฆNow that I think of it, I also donโ€™t know if this is a storyline quest or a side quest. Shoot.

Update: Actually, Iโ€™m pretty sure building the drill machine for Mint is the story quest, making this a side quest, so Iโ€™m good on that front. I still wanna get rid of those indicators on the map though and really donโ€™t like the idea of having to give the Church tech to do itโ€ฆ

21 Likes

February 17 :snowflake: Home Post

Got distracted by other things again so just counting my reading for class today, itโ€™s all progress!

22 Likes