๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Oh no! :cold_sweat: My condolences.

14 Likes

Iโ€™m so sorry for your loss. :cry:

15 Likes

Home post

2 ๆœˆ 1 ๆ—ฅ
ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 1 Chapter 4 :smiling_imp:

Finished chapter four titled ็ญ‹ใƒˆใƒฌ. Read through the full chapter last week. I pretty much got the gist of what was happening but I canโ€™t translate the text word per word and some of the internal dialogue by Nishikata just passed through my head. So I went through it again with the vocab list and grammar points from the ABBC forum. As for the ABBC that starts on Feb 18, Iโ€™m still thinking whether or not I follow the page by page translations like some people do in the threads, or just have fun with it and be a lurker in the forum.

23 Likes

My first ABBC was a science book so word by word translations were easy, I donโ€™t know how well it works with manga. Doing direct translations was a good learning tool, though.

10 Likes

I just looked through the ABBC for the science book and some of the discussion threads and now Iโ€™m thinking about getting that textbook and reading it too! Thanks for the tip off. Seems like Iโ€™d learn a lot of useful words.

11 Likes

Feb 1, Wed of Week 6 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใฏใŸใ‚‰ใ็ดฐ่ƒž Black Vol.7 Ch.38-41 (end volume)

War, and then now I know what will happen in the last volume

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใ‚ฏใƒฏใƒใƒฉใ‚ฏใƒฏใƒใƒฉ(.) = God help me!; warding off lightning strikes and misfortunes
    • Of course it is ๆก‘ๅŽŸ(ใใ‚ใฐใ‚‰) = mulberry field
  • ๅคฑ(ใช)ใใ™ = to lose something.
    • Similar to ็„ก(ใช)ใใ™, but ๅคฑ(ใช)ใใ™ focuses more on losing oneโ€™s own property.
    • Similarly read ไบก(ใช)ใใ™ would be about dying.
  • ้กง(ใ‹ใˆใ‚Š)ใฟใ‚‹ = to look back on the past; to reminisce. ็œ(ใ‹ใˆใ‚Š)ใฟใ‚‹ would also be contemplating and reflecting on themself.
  • ๅฟ™(ใ›ใ‚)ใ—ใ„ = hectic; busy
  • ๆ…Œ(ใ‚ใ‚)ใŸใ ใ—ใ„ = hectic; busy
  • ๆœ(ใ‚ใ•)ใฃใฑใ‚‰ใ‹ใ‚‰ = from very early in the morning
  • ่‰ถ(ใ‚ใง)ใ‚„ใ‹ = charming; attractive
  • ไปŠ(ใ„ใพ)ใ‹ไปŠ(ใ„ใพ)ใ‹ = waiting eagerly
  • ๅ‡บ(ใ )ใ—็‰ฉ(ใ‚‚ใฎ) = a program; a performance
  • ้›ฒไธŠ(ใ†ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†) = over the clouds; nobility
  • ็ขง็œผ(ใธใใŒใ‚“) = blue eyes
  • ๅ‡บๅบ—(ใงใฟใ›) = street stalls = ๅฑ‹ๅฐ(ใ‚„ใŸใ„)
  • ๅ‡กไฟ—(ใผใ‚“ใžใ) = the masses; common people
  • ่ก€(ใ‘ใฃ)ใ—ใ‚‡ใ† = blood plasma. Full Kanji is ่ก€ๆผฟ(ใ‘ใฃใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) and I have seen the second Kanji before.
  • ๅ‰ๅ ฑ(ใใฃใฝใ†) = good news. Opposite is ๅ‡ถๅ ฑ(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใปใ†).
  • ๅˆ‡้™ค(ใ›ใคใ˜ใ‚‡) = surgical removal; resection.
  • ่ก€็—ฐ(ใ‘ใฃใŸใ‚“) = bloody phlegm; blood-stained sputum. Larger volume would be ๅ–€่ก€(ใ‹ใฃใ‘ใค) = hemoptysis.
  • ๆ‰ๅนณ(ใธใ‚“ใบใ„) = flat-like; squamous. ๆ‰ๅนณไธŠ็šฎ็™Œ(ใธใ‚“ใบใ„ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฒใŒใ‚“) is squamous cell carcinoma = squamous cell epithelial (ไธŠ็šฎ(ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฒ)) cancer.
  • ่ปข็งป(ใฆใ‚“ใ„) = metastasis / transition
  • ๅ…ฑๅญ˜(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใžใ‚“) = co-existence
  • ๆฉŸๆง‹(ใใ“ใ†) = mechanism; structure; organization
  • ๅทงๅฆ™(ใ“ใ†ใฟใ‚‡ใ†) = clever; ingenious
  • ้•ท่€(ใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚ใ†) = the elder; great old man
  • ไธ€ๆฏ(ใฒใจใ„ใ) = a breather / in one go. The second meaning would be similar to ไธ€ๆฐ—(ใ„ใฃใ).
  • ๆ‹›้›†(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚…ใ†) = summons; gathering people to a place
    • ๅฌ้›†(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚…ใ†) would be about military service or parliament.
  • ๆˆฆๆ…„(ใ›ใ‚“ใ‚Šใค) = shuddering with fear
  • ๅ‡„ๆƒจ(ใ›ใ„ใ•ใ‚“) = appalling; grotesque. Level 41 Kanji, and there is already ๅ‡„็ตถ(ใ›ใ„ใœใค).
  • ใƒกใƒชใƒใƒชใฎๅˆฉ(ใ)ใ„ใŸ = unambiguous; clearly. Base vocabulary is ๆธ›(ใ‚)ใ‚Šๅผต(ใฏ)ใ‚Š = harmony / variety; modulation.

Kanji

• ็ขง(ใธใ)ใŒใ‚“

• blue gem; jasper
    • ใƒ˜ใ‚ญ
      • ็ดบ็ขง(ใ“ใ‚“ใบใ), ย  ย  ็ขง็œผ(ใธใใŒใ‚“)
    • ็ขง(ใ‚ใŠ)ใ„
  • ใ‹ใ็—ฐ(ใŸใ‚“)

• phlegm; sputum
    • ็—ฐ(ใŸใ‚“)
      • ๅ–€็—ฐ(ใ‹ใใŸใ‚“), ย  ย  ็—ฐๅ”พ(ใŸใ‚“ใคใฐ), ย  ย  ่ก€็—ฐ(ใ‘ใฃใŸใ‚“)
  • ๅ–€(ใ‹ใ)ใŸใ‚“

• cough out (vomit out)
    • ใ‚ซใ‚ฏ
      • ๅ–€็—ฐ(ใ‹ใใŸใ‚“), ย  ย  ๅ–€่ก€(ใ‹ใฃใ‘ใค)
20 Likes

home post

1st feb

well, new month, here we go! more ่Ÿฒๅธซ today, chapter 3 was a snowy one! the vibes in this one were great, this one might end up being my favourite for this volume. some of the specifics of the text again went over my head (especially that starting narration, hoo boy) but overall i found this one pretty easy to follow.

also got some new books (my reward to myself for passing the jlpt) so iโ€™m debating reading one of those next week :thinking:

iโ€™m sorry for your loss :deciduous_tree: iโ€™ve been there and itโ€™s a strange feeling

squints ooh is that a yorushika album?

edit: oh no why did it reply to nicole :joy: sorry!

23 Likes

My condolences. :cry:

15 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 1st
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 06.24% // Volume I: 72.32% :japanese_castle:

Had some extra free time today and ended up getting a bit engrossed in reading.

Words found under the kotatsu

็ขŒใ™ใฃใฝใ€Œใ‚ใใ™ใฃใฝใ€ใƒผ Not enough; unsatisfactorily
ๅ† ่€…ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ€ใƒผ Young person (archaic)
ไธ‡่Šธใ€Œใฐใ‚“ใ’ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Versatility
็ฌ„ใ€Œใ“ใ†ใŒใ„ใ€ใƒผ Hairpin
้…ท่–„ใ€Œใ“ใใฏใใ€ใƒผ Cruel; inhumane; brutal
ๅฌถใ€Œใ‹ใ‹ใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Wife
ไบกใใ€Œใชใใ€ใƒผ (Prefix) the late; the deceased

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 15??
(Currently 1554/5)
ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Son (Successor to the Oda clan)

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

24 Likes

:snowflake: Day 32, 1st of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Another day, another page. Letโ€™s try to read a bit more carefully.

Last time, the two soldiers that were send to rescue the pricess werenโ€™t named, but now we learn what theyโ€™re called: Romano and Maruki. No clue yet which is which. They seem to meet a new person on the road, but theyโ€™re not shown yet.

21 Likes

:arrow_right: original post LINK

ใ€Œไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ใ€ Reading log :books: :memo:

• 2ๆœˆ1ๆ—ฅ - The part that stuck with me the most so far in the book.
    ใ€Œๆญปใฌใจใใฏๆ‚ชใ‚ใŒใใ›ใšใ€่ฝใก ็€ใ„ใฆใ€ๅฎ‰ใ‚‰ใ‹ใซใ€‚่‡ชๅˆ†ใฏใใ†ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ„ใ—ใ€ใใ†ใชใ‚‹ใจๆ€ใฃใฆใ„ใŸใ€‚ใ ใ‘ใฉใ‚„ใฏใ‚Šๆญปใ‚’ๅ‰ใซใ—ใฆใ€่—ใซใ‚‚ (ๆ‚ช้ญ”ใซใ‚‚) ใ™ใŒใ‚ŠใŸใ„ๆ„ๅœฐๆฑšใ„ไบบ้–“ใฎๆœฌๆ€งใ‚’่‡ชๅˆ†ใฎไธญใซๅžฃ้–“่ฆ‹ใ‚‹ใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ2ๆ—ฅ
    ใ€Œไบบ้–“ใฏไฝ•ใ‚‚ๅคฑใ‚ใšใซใ€ไฝ•ใ‹ใ‚’ๅพ—ใ‚ˆใ†ใจใ™ใ‚‹ใ€‚
    ใงใ‚‚ใใ‚Œใฏๅฅชใ†่กŒ็‚บใซไป–ใชใ‚‰ใชใ„ใ€‚ใ ใ‚Œใ‹ใŒๅพ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใใฎใจใใซใ€ใ ใ‚Œใ‹ใŒๅคฑใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ€‚
    ใ ใ‚Œใ‹ใฎๅนธใ›ใฏใ€ใ ใ‚Œใ‹ใฎไธๅนธใฎไธŠใซๆˆใ‚Š็ซ‹ใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใฎใ ใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ4ๆ—ฅ
    ใ€Œใ“ใฎไธ–็•ŒใซใฏใŸใใ•ใ‚“ใฎๆฎ‹้…ทใชใ“ใจใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€‚ใงใ‚‚ใใ‚ŒใจๅŒใ˜ใใ‚‰ใ„็พŽใ—ใ„ใ‚‚ใฎใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚“ใ ใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ5ๆ—ฅ - A long one, but liked this part a lot.
    ใ€Œๆ‹ใซใฏๅฟ…ใš็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒๆฅใ‚‹ใ€‚ ๅฟ…ใš็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎใจๅˆ†ใ‹ใฃใฆใ„ใฆใ€ใใ‚Œใงใ‚‚ไบบ ใฏๆ‹ใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ใ€‚
    ใใ‚Œใฏ็”Ÿใใ‚‹ใ“ใจใจๅŒใ˜ใชใฎใ‹ใ‚‚ใ—ใ‚Œใชใ„ใ€‚ๅฟ…ใš็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒๆฅใ‚‹ใ€ใใ†ใจๅˆ†ใ‹ใฃใฆใ„ใฆใ‚‚ไบบใฏ็”Ÿใใ‚‹ใ€‚ ๆ‹ใŒใใ†ใงใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใซใ€็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ“ใใ€็”Ÿใใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒ่ผใ„ใฆ่ฆ‹ใˆใ‚‹ใฎใ ใ‚ใ†ใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ6ๆ—ฅ - Now I know some Spiderman quotes in Japanese.
    ใ€Œๅคงใ„ใชใ‚‹ๅŠ›ใซใฏใ€ๅคงใ„ใชใ‚‹่ฒฌไปปใŒไผดใ†ใ€
    ใ€Žใ‚นใƒ‘ใ‚คใƒ€ใƒผใƒžใƒณใ€ใง่œ˜่››็”ทใฎๅŠ›ใ‚’ๅพ—ใŸใƒ”ใƒผใ‚ฟใƒผใƒปใƒ‘ใƒผใ‚ซใƒผใฏๅฎฃๅ‘Šใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ€‚
  • 2ๆœˆ7ๆ—ฅ - And some Forest Gump quotes (honestly, there are a lot of famous movie quotes in this book).
    ใ€Œใงใ‚‚ใใ†ใ ใ€‚ใ€Žใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒฌใ‚นใƒˆใƒปใ‚ฌใƒณใƒ—ใ€ใงใ‚‚่จ€ใฃใฆใ„ใŸใชใ€‚ ใ€Œไบบ็”Ÿใฏใƒใƒงใ‚ณใƒฌใƒผใƒˆ็ฎฑใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใ ใ€‚้–‹ใ‘ใฆใฟใชใ„ใจๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚‰ใชใ„ใ€ใจใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ7ๆ—ฅ - A lot of good quotes that I would like to remember.
    ใ€Œใ“ใ‚“ใชใ‚‚ใฎใ ใ€ๅƒ•ใฎไบบ็”Ÿใฏใ€‚ๅฏ„ใฃใฆ ใฟใ‚Œใฐๆ‚ฒๅŠ‡ใ ใ‘ใ‚Œใฉใ‚‚ใ€ๅผ•ใ„ใฆใฟใ‚Œใฐๅ–œๅŠ‡ใชใฎใ ใ€‚ใ€
    ใ€Œใปใจใ‚“ใฉใฎๅคงๅˆ‡ใชใ“ใจใฏใ€ๅคฑใ‚ใ‚ŒใŸๅพŒใซๆฐ—ไป˜ใใ‚‚ใฎใ‚ˆใ€‚ใ€
    ใ€Œไธ–ใฎไธญใซใฏๆ‚ช้ญ”ใซ้ญ‚ใ‚’ๅฃฒใ‚ŠใŸใŒใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ไบบ้–“ใŒใŸใใ•ใ‚“ใ„ใ‚‹ใ€‚ๅ•้กŒใฏ่ฒทใฃใฆใใ‚Œใ‚‹ๆ‚ช้ญ”ใŒใชใ‹ใชใ‹ใ„ใชใ„ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใ ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ10ๆ—ฅ - And qood quotes just continue to pile on :joy:
    ใ€Œๆฎ‹ใ‚Šใฎไบบ็”Ÿใ€ๅคงๅฅฝใใชใ‚ใฎๆ›ฒใ‚’ใ€ใ‚ใจไฝ•ๅ›ž่ดใใ“ใจใŒใงใใ‚‹ใฎใ ใ‚ใ†ใ‹ใ€‚ ใ‚ใจไฝ•ๅ›žใ‚ณใƒผใƒ’ใƒผใŒ้ฃฒใ‚ใ‚‹ใฎใ‹ใ€‚ใ”ใฏใ‚“ใฏไฝ•ๅ›žใ€ใŠใฏใ‚ˆใ†ไฝ•ๅ›žใ€ใใ—ใ‚ƒใฟไฝ•ๅ›žใ€็ฌ‘ใ†ใฎใฏใ‚ใจไฝ•ๅ›žใ ?ใ€
    ใ€Œ็›ฎใฎๅ‰ใฎใ“ใจใซ่ฟฝใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚Œใฐ่ฟฝใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใปใฉใ€ๆœฌๅฝ“ใซๅคงๅˆ‡ใชใ“ใจใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ๆ™‚้–“ใฏๅคฑใ‚ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ10ๆ—ฅ
    ใ€Œๆ™‚้–“ใ€่‰ฒใ€ๆธฉๅบฆใ€ๅญค็‹ฌใ€ใใ—ใฆๆ„›ใ€‚ ไบบ้–“ใฎไธ–็•Œใซใ—ใ‹ๅญ˜ๅœจใ—ใชใ„ใ‚‚ใฎใŸใกใ€‚ไบบ้–“ใ‚’่ฆๅˆถใ—ใชใŒใ‚‰ใ‚‚ใ€ไบบ้–“ใ‚’่‡ช็”ฑใซใ™ใ‚‹ใใฎใ‚‚ใฎใŸใกใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ14ๆ—ฅ
    ใ€Œๅฎถๆ—ใฃใฆใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€ใ‚‚ใฎใ˜ใ‚ƒใชใ‹ใฃใŸใ€‚ๅฎถๆ—ใฏใ€Œใ™ใ‚‹ใ€ใ‚‚ใฎใ ใฃใŸใ‚“ใ ใ€‚ใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ15ๆ—ฅ
    ใ€Œไบบ้–“ใŒ็Œซใ‚’้ฃผใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ‚ใ‘ใ˜ใ‚ƒใชใใฆใ€็ŒซใŒไบบ้–“ใฎใใฐใซใ„ใฆใใ‚Œใฆใ‚‹ใ ใ‘ใชใฎใ‚ˆใ€
  • 2ๆœˆ16ๆ—ฅ
    ใ€Œไบบ้–“ใจใ„ใ†ใฎใฏใจใ‹ใใ€้ธใ‚“ใ ไบบ็”Ÿใ‹ใ‚‰้ธใฐใชใ‹ใฃใŸๆ–นใฎไบบ็”Ÿใ‚’็œบใ‚ใฆใ€ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚„ใพใ—ใŒใฃใŸใ‚ŠๅพŒๆ‚”ใ—ใŸใ‚Šใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹็”Ÿใ็‰ฉใงใ™ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ€
    ใ€Œไบบใงใ‚ใ‚‹ไปฅไธŠใ€่ชฐใ‚‚ใŒใ‚„ใŒใฆใฏๆญปใฌใ€‚่‡ดๆญป็Ž‡ใฏ100%ใ ใ€‚ใใ†่€ƒใˆใ‚‹ใจใ€ใใฎๆญปใŒๅนธใ›ใ‹ไธๅนธใ›ใ‹ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใฏใ€ใฉใ†็”ŸใใŸใ‹ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใจ้–ข้€ฃใ™ใ‚‹ใ€‚ใ€
    ใ€Œไบบใฏ็ฐกๅ˜ใซๅฎ็‰ฉใ‚’ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚ฏใ‚ฟใซๅค‰ใˆใ‚‹่ƒฝๅŠ›ใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€‚ใฉใ‚“ใชใซๅคงๅˆ‡ใชใƒ—ใƒฌใ‚ผใƒณใƒˆใ‚‚ใ€ๆ„›ใŠใ—ใ„ๆ‰‹็ด™ใ‚‚ใ€็พŽใ—ใ„ๆ€ใ„ๅ‡บใ‚‚ใ€ใ‚„ใŒใฆใฏใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚ฏใ‚ฟใซใชใฃใฆๅฟ˜ใ‚Œใฆใ—ใพใ†ใ€‚ใ€

25 Likes

Day 31
At least in January I managed to read every day. I was reading on my tablet Kindaichi Shounen and nearly done with the first volume when ๅฆน appeared and took my tablet because she needed it for something urgent lol. Once I got it back it was already to late to finish the volume. :joy:

January was neither a good nor bad month for reading. Of course I hoped I would read much more than that but some things got me busy. I will try to read more in February maybe even finish one of the visual novels, games or books I started.

2458 pages read 17542 to go

21 Likes

February 1st (Day 32) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

I was planning to do a lot of reading today, but only managed to read chapter 2 of 1Q84. These chapters are so damn long and dense! :smiling_face_with_tear: Aside from being frustrated with my reading speed, Iโ€™m enjoying this book a lot so far :3

23 Likes

February 1st :heavy_check_mark: :dancer:

ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใกใฎใ„ใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚ , 86-93%

Just this weekโ€™s Wild Ladies today. Where did the time go?

January reading stats:

Iโ€™d take this total:1110 with a grain of salt, as it includes empty pages, copyright pages, table of contents pages, atogaki pages I probably havenโ€™t read, and so on. I should probably try and make the page count more accurate, but I donโ€™t feel itโ€™s worth the effort.

28 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Looking back at my goals for the challenge, Iโ€™ve definitely made a lot of progress towards both those and my goals for the year!

Progress
  • โ€œFinish every volume of manga I physically own in 2023โ€ = 66 vols/52 weeks = ~1.25/wk. I read 7 volumes of manga in janurary = 1.75/wk, so well ahead of that pace!
  • โ€œFinish ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค during this challengeโ€ only 2 volumes left, definitely making serious progress on that front
  • โ€œFinish either a childrens book or a light novelโ€ already completed! I finished 2 volumes of magic treehouse, plus a VN that Iโ€™m counting towards the โ€œpure textโ€ part of the goal.
  • Be prepared to take N2 by december - this one I have been making incremental progress towards: starting anki again, using the kanken game, and just noticing that the words/grammar Iโ€™m looking up tend to be a bit harder.

The only goal I failed was managing to keep time tracking up for a whole month :sweat_smile: With how interspersed my study time is between other things, and how many tangentially studying things I do I just couldnโ€™t quite manage it.

So, looking forward to this month, I have a few main goals:

• Finish ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง vol 1
  • Finish ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค and pick a new easy manga before the ABBC and BBC start (maybe finally do ใ—ใ‚ใใพใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง)
  • Pass the ๏ผ™็ดš full mock test in the kanken game
  • Finish parts 1 and 2 of ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ N3 reading book

Basically, I want to dial back the difficulty of my reading just a tad so I can continue reading while adding in some studying proper on the side, which is also what I did in the last challenge: I read a huge amount in october, and then lowered my reading just a bit in november while adding in some Tae Kim readings, and that seemed to work really well for me then.

Read:

• ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค ch 110, 111, 112, maybe a bit more later but iโ€™m so tired :sleeping:

Word of the Day
็™พ้ข็›ธใ€Œใฒใ‚ƒใใ‚ใ‚“ใใ†ใ€ใƒผ making different (comic) faces, esp. using small props

Replies

(but love this door, and it looks like a lot of the books on the shelves might be ex-library books, or are heavily damaged in some way, perfect for re-using as a clever decoration!)

Aww thatโ€™s hard :cry: sending love and well wishes

Good eye! Two of their albums, even! Related to the ex-library book thing, Iโ€™ve found that you can buy used CDs that are retired from internet/manga/cd cafes for super cheap! (also where I tend to get my physical manga) So whenever iโ€™m putting together a buyee package i look to see if I can get a few albums to throw in, since they donโ€™t raise the shipping cost too much. They usually keep their little inventory stickers and stamps on them, so you can even see where your books/music came from!

For example, my set of ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ came from aprecio comics & internet cafe

24 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 1 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป ๅฐๅฐๅ†ๅบฆ (92% โ†’ 93%)

Was considering not posting, but the daily read was done and thats all that matters

25 Likes

February 1st!

Today I read chapter 6 of God Bless the Mistaken.
It was fun :slight_smile: Took me a little while to read, but mostly just because I was tired.

(Home Post)

22 Likes

Todayโ€™s reading was 1 story from Japanese Short Stories for Beginners and 1 from Japanese Folk Tales for Language learners (this includes a free online audio). I really couldnโ€™t follow the story when listening but I did get the gist after reading it for myself before actually rereading with the English translation. More enjoyable than the JSSB.

All together this took me about an hour and I may read another story from JFTLL later.

22 Likes

I finished ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš on the last day of January through sheer force of will. I didnโ€™t end up liking it any more than I did earlier in the book, so I was happy to finally be done after avoiding it for a few days.

I started reading ไนณใจๅต and it is such a refreshing change, even though the first page/paragraph was pretty much about how everything is ๅŽญ. Iโ€™m only ~9% in, but I definitely like this more. It is interesting how much satisfaction ็ท‘ๅญ seems to get from dissecting the components of words.

26 Likes

Late home post:

Iโ€™ll be reading ใ‚ฏใƒžใฎใƒ—ใƒผใ•ใ‚“ until this challenge ends and slowly working my way through ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็Œซใ‚ฌๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ at the same time.

Reading progress:

• ใ‚ฏใƒžใฎใƒ—ใƒผใ•ใ‚“: ch 2
  • ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็Œซใ‚ฌๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰: ch 1 (ๆœˆๆ›œๆ—ฅ๏ผ‰

Reading habit tracker:

Feb
ๆœˆ ็ซ ๆฐด ๆœจ ้‡‘ ๅœŸ ๆ—ฅ
01 02 03 04 05
06 07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28
25 Likes