Letter 21

Orange :tangerine: Home Thread

Previous Part: Chapter 20
Next Part: Chapter 22

Reading

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Dec 24th Letter 21 120 - 157 38

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

1 Like
Chapter thoughts

Not what I expected from this chapter at all.

This chapter turned things around. Naho and Kakeru are going out together.

Ueda-senpai tried to ruin things again. That girl gotta be plenty screwed up to keep doing that. Get over yourself Ueda-senpai and become happier, you might even find a guy who’ll like you for you then.

Okay, now that I’ve finished throwing shade on her.

We know what happens tomorrow. Kakeru will find his mother’s phone and the text/email she never sent. I wouldn’t want to be in Kakeru’s shoes for sure. Scary times. O_O

5 Likes
Unexpected sponsorship

I can’t wait for the next chapter, so I’m gonna read it now. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

Went ahead and read this chapter today as well, since I had some free time! That makes ~70 pages read today, which is probably the most I’ve ever done in one day (AND at no point during reading was I actually thinking about my page count!).

This was a sweet chapter. I laughed when Kakeru said 菜穂 チョコ… ちょうだい。

One question … on page 156 (if I counted correctly) someone says それに俺には 叶えなきゃいけない 夢がもう1つ あるから! Does anyone know what that’s all about? I mean, I believe that I understand the sentence just fine, I just don’t know why that’s being said, by whom, wherefore … I think it’s probably a Hagita joke? but I just don’t get it.

1 Like

This is Suwa saying he’s fine with not pursuing Naho because he has another dream to pursue (soccer).

1 Like