それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 9 Thread

Offshoot Home Thread

Looking for general info about the book? Check the Nomination post for more details (´。• ᵕ •。`) Also, note that this is an offshoot club’s thread, meaning that we have already finished reading the first volume, that you can find at それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 1 thread (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 October 1st 第109-110局
Week 2 October 8th 第111-112局
Week 3 October 15th 第113-114局
Week 4 October 22nd 第115-116局
Week 5 October 29th 第117-118局
Week 6 November 5th 第119-120局
Week 7 November 12th 第121局+おまけ

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page of the sheet before adding any words.

Members

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

5 Likes

I may be pressed for time tomorrow, so I figured I’d get the thread up a day early. I’ll post the “this week’s chapters” reminder tomorrow as usual!

This volume has some of my favorite scenes, so look forward to it!

5 Likes

It’s time for chapters 第109-110局.

Welcome home, センパイ!

4 Likes
Story Comments

I mean, I knew this volume was going to be ripe for good facial expressions, but these two chapters were just an absolute wealth of them. :joy:

Urushi isn’t the only with adorable expressions:

I’m not a “food” comic type of person, but I do enjoy the もぐもぐ expression here:

That said…Urushi is still easily the most expressive character:

Best part of Chapter 110:

This one might bear editing and coloring for a profile picture at some point:

Although, this is actually probably my favorite bit of artwork from this week (as always, the in-between chapter artworks have some real gems, though I confess to not caring much for the second one between 110 and 111):

4 Likes
I take it you have no plans to read 「SUPERMAN vs飯」 then ;)

4 Likes
Best part

This was a pretty good chapter all around, I’m not sure how it will go forward tho, seems it will be awkward and I love it! hahaha. Almost couldn’t stop reading!

スーパー悪くない. God why does this exist and why is it legal hahaha

4 Likes

With the field trip over, are things finally going to settle back into the usual routine?

Onward, to 第111-112局!

5 Likes

Do we have a vocab sheet for volume 9?
Above there is only a link for vol 8.

3 Likes

Pro Tip: Don’t run four book clubs at once. You’ll miss things. I really need to make myself a checklist.*

I’ve now made a copy of volume 8’s sheet that I will reshape into volume 9’s. You can start filling it out once you see chapter 109 on there, and once I get all the tabs updated I’ll edit in to the home post.

4 Likes
Ch 12 story comments

The cliffhanger! I can’t wait until next week’s reading. Hopefully Urushi wakes up though, or else even if Ayumu wins, he won’t be able to enjoy it!

5 Likes

We’ve reached 第113-114局.

What happens in 102 moves?

4 Likes

Story comments: Ahh yes, the “friend with a regret”, Rin you’re lucky this is a manga and we have dense characters, I think anyone else would’ve connected the dots hahaha

4 Likes

I had some time today, so I got an early start on book club readings with Ayumu.

Story comments for Chapter 116

Yoooooooo whaaaaaaaaaat? What a development out of nowhere! But man, don’t tell me he’s going to stick to the “it was a dream” explanation :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

It’s 第115-116局 this week.

Time to find out what @aamunoz already knows.

5 Likes
Story Comments

I legitimately flipped back and forth several times because it caught me so off guard. :joy:

4 Likes
Story comments

It really came out of nowhere! Now that I’ve recovered from the surprise though, of course the story is going to bend over backwards to have Takeru not acknowledge it. Otherwise, that sideplot would be over :stuck_out_tongue:

I kind of wish it went with something that makes it easier to suspend disbelief than him pulling “it was a dream” out of nowhere. I guess there aren’t that many options with such a bold action though!

4 Likes
Story comments

Well, there’s always this at hand to conveniently make him forget, I guess:

5 Likes
Chapter 116

I think we haven’t seen Sakurako and Takeru together in a while right? I just realized we left them at a point where Sakurako realized her feelings for Takeru and kinda at the same spot at which Ayumu and Urushi are right now as well!

Oh god the dissapointment in her eyes

OHMYFUCKINGGOD

Even takeru doesn’t know what hit him, that was a TRAIN

3 Likes

After reading 第117-118局 this week, be careful not to keep reading. Otherwise, you might not stop until the end of the volume.

5 Likes

Somehow I have been so out of my reading schedule, that I’m still stuck at chapter 114?!
Luckily the chapters for Ayumu are short, so I’ll try to catch up now :sweat:

@ChristopherFritz
I actually hate to point this out, but the vocab sheet is read only … ? at least for me? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes