🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2022 🍁

Nov 17, Thu of Week 8 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

I started watching Pokemon series from 1997, without sub (1.5 episodes) Even if I generate sub, I see that it is not good enough to help much. I can remember soundtracks well from the games (but early games’ texts aren’t spoken). There are obviously new BGM’s as well. I missed しげる so much.

I looked at mimicmethod.com in @Twelvewishes’s Home Post. Truthfully, I don’t want to listen to much of anything else, other than Japanese, but after Course Introduction (watch this first), there are PDF for every VDO lectures. I also see Soundcloud in some classes.

As a matter of fact, it’s pretty bad to study a language without phonetics at all; but a question is how to execute the learning well. There is also a part about some ideas of language learning. I don’t see the course on pitch and sound changes, though. But of course, I have problem with distinguishing some consonants, so that will be the first task.

About the ideas of language learning, I might apply to another language, Mandarin; where I went nowhere. (I got some ideas from audio Anki first, though. Maybe later, say 2024.)

I listened to an episode of Learn Japanese with Noriko.

7 Likes