📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall 2022 🍁🍂

October and November are historically the busiest months of the year for me (I do a draw every day challenge every October, and then National Novel Writing Month every November… :sweat_smile:), but I’m going to be translating TJPW the whole time, so I’m signing up anyway!

Oct
Week 39
Week 40
Week 41
Week 42
Week 43
Week 44
Nov
Week 44
Week 45
Week 46
Week 47
Week 48

= Japanese
= Japanese and Spanish

I am also committing to trying to read at least something in Spanish every day as well! Is it a mistake to try to do this right when I might be getting a full time job? Probably! :sweat_smile:

What I'm reading in Spanish:

I’m still reading Antes de Ser Libres by Julia Alvarez, so I’m going to keep reading that and will probably finish it during the challenge, though November in particular will likely be very slow.

I’ll probably check out another book to read after it, though I’m not quite sure what that book will be yet.

In addition to reading actual books, I found some fanfic for La Casa de las Flores that’s in Spanish, so I might try reading some of that! I read one fic already and had a much easier time with it, so that bodes pretty well, though of course I’m sure the difficulty of the fanfic varies considerably depending on the author haha.

What I'm reading in Japanese:

Just like the previous challenges, my main source of Japanese reading (and listening) is Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, which I am currently doing fan translations for. I’d still be translating it even if I wasn’t doing this challenge :sweat_smile:.

This time around, I have a little extra pressure because my translations actually have quite a handful of readers now (my twitter account is at 90+ followers). TJPW is also gearing up for one of their biggest shows of the year on October 9, so I have my work cut out for me :sweat_smile:. I’m now armed with the CAT (computer-aided translation) software Smartcat this time, though, so I’m hoping that helps speed things up.

On the rare occasion that I’m caught up with my translations, I do still have poor neglected 大海原と大海原 volume 3 that I’ve been trying to read all year, haha, but keep not having the time to actually finish :sweat_smile:.

In addition to that, I have a couple books, 新日本プロレス英語入門 and 世界が広がる 推し活英語, which are meant to teach specialized English vocab to Japanese speakers (pro wrestling vocab for the first, and fandom vocab for the second), but which I have found that I can use in reverse.

I’ve actually read most of 新日本プロレス英語入門 already (and have created a custom glossary for Smartcat with the vocab in it), so I might have a shot at actually finishing it within this calendar year :sweat_smile:.

30 Likes