๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Fall 2022 ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

Iโ€™m about 80% done with ้ป„้‡‘ไปฎ้ข now, still chugging along right on track to finish out my books for the year :pray:

Wooo congrats! :tada:

18 Likes

Home Post

Day 37 Progress:
ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ ๅ››ๅ†Š - 50.92% โ†’ 57.47%

Horrid day for reading. Stumbled over a lot of basic things I thought I knew, and also the book was just awful. Closest Iโ€™ve ever gotten to wanting to drop it, or at least take a break.

ๅ‘จใ‚ใพใญ telling ็œŸๆ˜ผใพใฒใ‚‹ that she shouldnโ€™t be exposing her damn legs because it might attract the inadvertent impassioned gazes of boys. And the fact that itโ€™s justified by every single boy apart from ๅ‘จ and his friends being some insane lusthound for ็œŸๆ˜ผ. What an awful trope that should have died 30 years ago.

Hopefully better and less painful reading session tomorrow.

Word of the Day: ็ซฏๆœซใŸใ‚“ใพใค - computer terminal or device like smartphone, tablet, etc. I like the idea of the Internet being vast and immense and your device is only accessing a tiny tip at the edge of it.

23 Likes

December 16 :maple_leaf: Home Post

Iโ€™ve made it through the semester, but I was still pretty busy with social things so just finished up the chapter of ใƒ–ใƒซใƒผใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏ I was on. But now Iโ€™m free! :tada: and just in time for BU$TAFELLOWS to start, Iโ€™ll have to look into that :eyes:

20 Likes

:snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 16th :christmas_tree: :snowflake: (Home Post Link)

Read:

Good Words

NHK
้‡ใ€Œใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ†ใ€ใƒผ quantity, amount
็Ÿฅไบ‹ใ€Œใกใ˜ใ€ใƒผ governor
ใšใค ใƒผ apiece

ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค
็–ฒใ‚ŒใŸใ€Œใคใ‹ใ‚ŒใŸใ€ใƒผ worn-out (as opposed to sleepy)
่ทกๅ–ใ‚Šใ€Œใ‚ใจใจใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ heir, successor
ใ‚ฐใƒฌใ‚‹ ใƒผ to go off the rails, to stray from the right path
ใ„ใกใ˜ใ ใƒผ fig
ใ‚ถใ‚ฏใƒญ ใƒผ pomegranate
็”ท็ˆตใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ baron (was this the same word they used in ่€ณใ‚’ใ™ใพใ›ใฐ? i seem to remember them just using ใƒใƒญใƒณ or something)

18 Likes

December 17th!

Today I finished Volume 9 of Teasing Master Takagi-san. As there are currently 18 volumes, that marks the half way point :slight_smile: Though Iโ€™m sure another volume or two will come out before I reach the end!

(Home Post)

19 Likes

Dec 17, Sat of Week 12 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

• ๅฒ่จ˜ (latter half of Ch.1)

Great Wall of China, and ้€†ใ‚‰ใ†่€….

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ (1 hour)

Yesterday was trickery, and now mask? Noble-acting, and masked guy speak difficult-to-understand all of sudden.

Not counting that the title of first of trilogy says there is a fake mask?

Interesting words
  • ใƒ„ใ‚ฑ = bill, payment. Kanji form is ไป˜(ใค)ใ‘.
  • ใŸใฆใคใ = to disobey. Kanji form is ็›พ็ช(ใŸใฆใค)ใ (piercing the shield).
  • ใฏใ„ใšใ‚‹ = to crawl. Kanji form is ้€™(ใฏ)ใ„ใšใ‚‹, probably crawl and graze (ๆ“ฆ(ใ™)ใ‚‹).
  • ใŠใŠใถใ‚ใ—ใ = large furoshiki; big talk. Kanji form is ๅคง้ขจๅ‘‚ๆ•ท(ใŠใŠใถใ‚ใ—ใ) = large (ๅคง(ใŠใŠ)ใใ„) + bath (้ขจๅ‘‚(ใตใ‚)) + spread (ๆ•ท(ใ—)ใ).
  • ใ‚Šใ“ใ† = smart. A Kanji form is ๅˆฉๅฃ(ใ‚Šใ“ใ†).
  • ใ‹ใŸใฉใ‚‹ = to model after. A Kanji is ่ฑก(ใ‹ใŸใฉ)ใ‚‹, and of course ๅฝข(ใ‹ใŸ)ๅ–(ใฉ)ใ‚‹.
  • ในใฃใดใ‚“ = beautiful woman. A Kanji version is indeed ๅˆฅๅ“(ในใฃใดใ‚“), that is, different level of good stuff. (Normally, ๅˆฅๅฌช(ในใฃใดใ‚“))
  • ใ—ใ‚ƒใฐ = this world. Kanji form is ๅจ‘ๅฉ†(ใ—ใ‚ƒใฐ).
  • ๆœช็ทด(ใฟใ‚Œใ‚“) = lingering. Also in ๆœช็ทดใŒใพใ—ใ„.
  • ๏ฝž้ขจๆƒ…(ใตใœใ„) = the likes of
  • ๆด่ญท(ใˆใ‚“ใ”) = backing; supporting
  • ๅฏ†้›†(ใฟใฃใ—ใ‚…ใ†) = clustering together (formation)
  • ้€้›ป(ใกใใงใ‚“) = running away
  • ็ ‚ไธ˜(ใ•ใใ‚…ใ†) = sand dune
  • ็ชๅฆ‚(ใจใคใ˜ใ‚‡) = suddenly. A phrase is ็ชๅฆ‚็•ฐๅค‰(ใจใคใ˜ใ‚‡ใ„ใธใ‚“)
  • ๅŽปๅ‹ข(ใใ‚‡ใ›ใ„) = castration; neutering
  • ๅฎฆๅฎ˜(ใ‹ใ‚“ใŒใ‚“) = eunuch. Employed in Chinese palaceโ€ฆ
  • ๅด่ฟ‘(ใใฃใใ‚“) = close aide
  • ๆ นๅŸŽ(ใญใ˜ใ‚) = stronghold
  • ๅทก่กŒ(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ“ใ†) = patrol
  • ๅคงๅฑค(ใŸใ„ใใ†) = extremely
  • ็„ก้ ผ(ใถใ‚‰ใ„) = villainous
  • ่‡ญๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ) = stinking smelling; stench
  • ่ฆ‡็Ž‹(ใฏใŠใ†) = supreme ruler. Probably ๅˆถ่ฆ‡(ใ›ใ„ใฏ)ใฎ็Ž‹(ใŠใ†). Also the one from Shaman King.
  • ๅˆป้™(ใ“ใใ’ใ‚“) = appointed time
  • ๅ‡บๅœŸ(ใ—ใ‚…ใคใฉ) = archeological evacuation
  • ๅŸ‹่‘ฌ(ใพใ„ใใ†) = burial
  • ๆฎ‰ๆญป(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ—) = dying with the master. First Kanji is of martyrdom.
  • ๆœดๅฟตไป(ใผใใญใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = quiet unsociable person
  • ๆŠœๅ‰ฃ(ใฐใฃใ‘ใ‚“) = drawing oneโ€™s sword
  • ่…น่Šธ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ’ใ„) = force of personality
  • ๅ›ฎ(ใŠใจใ‚Š) = lure
  • ็ฒ—้‡Ž(ใใ‚„) = vulgar; rude
  • ๆ…‡ๆ‡ƒ(ใ„ใ‚“ใŽใ‚“) = courteous. Also, without Furigana.
  • ้‚่กŒ(ใ™ใ„ใ“ใ†) = execution; carrying out
  • ๅŒ็’ง(ใใ†ใธใ) = two matchless things. Second Kanji from ๅฎŒ็’ง(ใ‹ใ‚“ใบใ).
  • ๆŸ(ใใ‚ŒใŒใ—) = I; me (archaic).
  • ็–พ้ง†(ใ—ใฃใ) = driving a horse fast
  • ้…ท่–„(ใ“ใใฏใ) = cruel; inhuman. Sounds very much like ๅ‘Š็™ฝ(ใ“ใใฏใ).
  • ่ช(ใ—ใŸใŸ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to write a letter
  • ่ญท(ใพใ‚‚)ใ‚‹. Alternate Kanji for ๅฎˆ(ใพใ‚‚)ใ‚‹.
  • ๆฐ—ๅ…ผ(ใใŒ)ใญ = getting restrained
  • ็Ž‡(ใฒใ)ใ„ใ‚‹ = to lead
  • ๅˆ‡(ใ)ใ‚Œ่€…(ใ‚‚ใฎ) = sharp and able person.
  • ๆจช(ใ‚ˆใ“)ใŸใ‚ใ‚‹ = to stretch across
  • ๅณฐๆ‰“(ใฟใญใ†)ใก = striking with back of the sword. First Kanji is ๅณฐ(ใฟใญ).
  • ๆŠ˜(ใŠใ‚Š)ใ‹ใ‚‰ = at that time. I think of ๆ™‚ๆŠ˜(ใจใใŠใ‚Š) + ใ‹ใ‚‰. (Though it is more of ๆŸ„(ใ‹ใ‚‰))
  • ๅผ•(ใฒ)ใๅ—(ใ†)ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to assume responsibility
  • ใ„ใฃใใฎไบ‹(ใ“ใจ) = preferably. Also, ใ„ใฃใ.
  • ่…น(ใฏใ‚‰)ใ‚ใŸ = guts. In dictionary as ่…ธ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ‚ใŸ)
  • ใ‹ใใฎๅฆ‚(ใ”ใจ)ใ = thus / this way
  • ใ‚„ใ‘้…’(ใ–ใ‘) = drowning in desperation
  • ็จฎๆ˜Ž(ใŸใญใ‚)ใ‹ใ— = revealing of how trick is done. ็จฎ(ใŸใญ) is just like ใƒใ‚ฟ โ€“ Inverted words.
  • ่™ซ(ใ‚€ใ—)ใ‘ใ‚‰ = insignificant wormsโ€ฆ
  • ๅคงๆฆ‚(ใŸใ„ใŒใ„)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to stay within bounds
  • ็‡•้›€(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ)ๅฎ‰(ใ„ใšใ)ใ‚“ใž้ดป้ต (ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ)ใฎๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—)ใ‚’็Ÿฅ(ใ—)ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‚„
    • ็‡•้›€(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ) = swallow (็‡•(ใคใฐใ‚)) + sparrow (้›€(ใ™ใšใ‚)). Both compounded and standalone versions can be found in context.
    • ๅฎ‰(ใ„ใšใ)ใ‚“ใž = ใ€Œใ„ใšใใซใžใ€ใฎ้Ÿณๅค‰ๅŒ– = ไฝ•(ใชใ‚“)ใž. Why so?
    • ้ดป้ต (ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ)ใฎๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—) = the ambition (ๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—)) of Chinese phoenix? (้ดป(ใŠใŠใจใ‚Š)) + swan (้ต (ใใใ„))
    • Two lines, so actually ็‡•้›€ๅฎ‰ใ‚“ใž ใƒป ้ดป้ต ใฎๅฟ—ใ‚’็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‚„
  • ้ ญ(ใ‚ใŸใพ)ใŒไธŠ(ใ‚)ใŒใ‚‰ใชใ„ = to be no match for
  • ไบบ่ž(ใฒใจใŽ)ใใฎๆ‚ช(ใ‚ใ‚‹)ใ„ = disgraceful
  • ้ชจ่‚‰็›ธ้ฃŸ(ใ“ใคใซใใ‚ใ„ใฏ)ใ‚€ = to fight between family members. Also, ้ชจ่‚‰็›ธ้ฃŸ(ใ“ใคใซใใใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ), or just the first part ้ชจ่‚‰(ใ“ใคใซใ)ใฎไบ‰(ใ‚ใ‚‰ใ)ใ„.
  • ๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใซๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ = whatever will be, will be; things happen the way they happen
  • ้ฌจ(ใจใ)ใฎๅฃฐ(ใ“ใˆ) = battle cry. Somehow sounds like cries of time (ๆ™‚ใฎๅฃฐ).
  • ไธ€่“ฎๆ‰˜็”Ÿ(ใ„ใกใ‚Œใ‚“ใŸใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = being the same boat
  • ่ข‹(ใตใใ‚)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to gang up and beat someone
  • ็ฝต่ฉˆ้›‘่จ€(ใฐใ‚Šใžใ†ใ”ใ‚“) = all kinds of verbal abuse. Also without Furigana. Personally, no idea about the second Kanji; there appears to be a single wordโ€ฆ ็ฝต่ฉˆ(ใฐใ‚Š). The first is just ็ฝต(ใฎใฎใ—)ใ‚‹.

SFX

• ใƒ›ใ‚คใƒ›ใ‚ค = recklessly

Kanji

Rather than listing various possible readings, meanings, or representative vocabularies, start to matter more.

• ่‹›
    • ่‹›(ใ•ใ„ใช)ใ‚€, ่‹›(ใ„ใ‚‰)ใคใ, ่‹›(ใ„ใ˜)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ่ž
    • Melting
    • ้›ช(ใ‚†ใ)่ž(ใฉ)ใ‘
  • ่‡ญ
    • ่‡ญๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ)
    • ่‡ญ(ใใ•)ใ„
    • ่‡ญ(ใซใŠ)ใ„
  • ไฟ‘
    • Terracotta figure
    • ๅ…ต้ฆฌไฟ‘(ใธใ„ใฐใ‚ˆใ†)
  • ๅ›ฎ
    • ๅ›ฎ(ใŠใจใ‚Š)
17 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221217 - ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็‹ธใงใ‚ใ‚‹ progress: 97.52% :beverage_box:

Itโ€™s amusing reading these guys predictions of the future from 100 years ago, they somewhat feel exactly the same as peopleโ€™s predictions these days aka: โ€œoh no we be doomed I tell you, society ainโ€™t what it used to beโ€

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

ๅ‹‡็Œ›็ฒพ้€ฒใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใฟใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Someone who practices asceticism and has a dauntless spirit; brave and diligent hero
็ฟ•็„ถใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใœใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Coming together as one; unanimously

18 Likes

December 17th

:snowflake: :christmas_tree:Home post:christmas_tree::snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 2 โ€“ progress report

Yesterday: Read up to page 376, finished chapter 20 and Aria: the masterpiece volume 2.
Today: Started reading Card Captor Sakura volume 2, read up to page 37, finished chapter 6.

My anxiety has passed (for now) and I could read without the intent of distracting myself from it again. Iโ€™ll stick to Card Captor Sakura during this and the next week, perhaps even until the end of the month. No idea, how far Iโ€™ll get until the 31st but it would be nice if I could finish at least volume 3 by then.

Word or expression of the day:

่ค‡้›‘ - (ใตใใ–ใค) - complicated, intricate, mixed feelings

Honourable mention(s):
้‹ๅ‹•็ฅž็ตŒ - (ใ†ใ‚“ใฉใ†ใ—ใ‚“ใ‘ใ„) - reflexes
็™บๆŽ˜ - (ใฏใฃใใค) - (archaeological) excavation, discovery (e.g. a new talent)

18 Likes

:maple_leaf: :jack_o_lantern: :snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 17 :christmas_tree: :snowflake: :jack_o_lantern: :maple_leaf:
Home Post

Swedish holiday traditions (in Swedish) :snowman:
Holiday short story (in English) :snowman:

Yeah, I know neither of those said Japanese. But that is just how it is sometimes. :woman_shrugging:

I did spend a lot of time on Japanese-ish related things. Just not reading. ^^

19 Likes

:snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 17th :christmas_tree: :snowflake: (Home Post Link)

Read:

Good Words

NHK
ๅฐ†ๆฅใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚‰ใ„ใ€ใƒผ future prospects
ใ„ใชใใชใ‚‹ใƒผ to disappear (of people and animals), to no longer exist :frowning:
้Œฒ้Ÿณใ€Œใ‚ใใŠใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ audio recording
ใตใ‚“ใƒผ feces (esp. animal) (kanji ็ณž)
่จ˜้Œฒใ€Œใใ‚ใใ€ใƒผ record, document

ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค
ๅ†™ใƒกใ€Œใ—ใ‚ƒใ‚ใ€ใƒผ abbreviation ๅ†™ใƒกใƒผใƒซ, mobile message with picture attached (wonder if thatโ€™s dated)
ๅซใถใ€Œใ•ใ‘ใถใ€ใƒผ to shout
้€†ใ€ŒใŽใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ reverse, opposite
็š†็„กใ€Œใ‹ใ„ใ‚€ใ€ใƒผ nonexistent, nil

18 Likes

:frog: Home :phone:

December 17

ไบบ้–“ๆค…ๅญ -

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ57 :shark:
Start - 115

I finished the whole arc but didnโ€™t want to start the next one because itโ€™s Notorious B I G and I didnโ€™t want it to show up in my dreams lmao. BIG is up there as one of the creepiest stands in my opinion

18 Likes

Home

I read HQ vol 36. This series is so damn good, for real. Iโ€™m kind of sad Iโ€™ve only got 9 volumes left.

Some vocab of note:

ๅผ•ใฃ่พผใฟๆ€ๆกˆ (ใฒใฃใ“ใฟใ˜ใ‚ใ‚“) [noun, ใช-adj., ใฎ-adj.] reserved; introverted; reticent; shy; withdrawn
ๅ’ฒใ† (ใ‚ใ‚‰ใ†) [่‡ชใ‚ขไบ”] to laugh; to smile. Iโ€™ve seen ๅ—คใ† before, specifically for derisive laughter, but I wonder what nuance using โ€œbloomโ€ for โ€œlaugh/smileโ€ has. I mean, I know what I think of (like a beatific smile or something), but considering the context this was used in, Iโ€™m not sure it fits. (Although, Keiโ€™s smile after his successful block a few pages laterโ€ฆ maybe it does.)
ไป‡ใซใชใ‚‹ (ใ‚ใ ใซใชใ‚‹) [expression, ใƒฉไบ”] to backfire; to have a harmful result

18 Likes

December 17 :maple_leaf: Home Post

I didnโ€™t start reading until late so just a chapter of ใƒ–ใƒซใƒผใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏ today, more than I expected to do when I started though so :man_shrugging: Iโ€™ll take it!

19 Likes

Quite a successful day for a change.

17/12 21 pages Spy Family (whole mission), 27 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น (both chapters for this week), 3 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง (finished last weekโ€™s chapter), 8 pages Cells at Work

Ps this was yesterday - power was out when I went to bed

19 Likes

Home Post

Day 38 Progress:
ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ ๅ››ๅ†Š - 57.47% โ†’ 64.08%

Managed to get over the hump of the frustrating portion from yesterday, at least. Still a bit of a frustrating read but a bit better. (Also oh boy, 5 AM!)

Word of the Day: ๆ”พ็‰ฉ็ทšใปใ†ใถใคใ›ใ‚“ - parabola. This one is just great because of how direct it is. The line that forms when you release (throw) an object.

19 Likes

December 18th

:snowflake: :christmas_tree:Home post:christmas_tree::snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 2 โ€“ progress report

Yesterday: Started reading Card Captor Sakura volume 2, read up to page 37, finished chapter 6.
Today: Finished chapter 7, continued up to page 86.

Unfortunately I didnโ€™t understand half of what Sonomi (Tomoyoโ€™s mother) said but I still got the gist of the chapter (partly thanks to my memory of events too).

At least the 7th chapter also cleared one thing up which confused me upon re-reading the 1st volume. It was Tomoyo blushing when looking at Toya because I remembered her being in love with Sakura. This chapter explained her reactions and that the only reason she was blushing was the fact that Toyaโ€™s ears resemble Sakuraโ€™s. :joy:
I canโ€™t help but feel bad for Tomoyo because her love is a one-sided one, though she still has a wonderful friend in Sakura. I also respect Tomoyo a lot because she actively helps Sakura pursue her love interests because sheโ€™s not entitled to Sakuraโ€™s reciprocation of her love โ€“ Tomoyo sure is the wing(wo)man we donโ€™t deserve. :relieved:

And speaking of painful, I sure felt the pain when the next chapter immediately implied the feelings between Rika and the Terada-sensei. Donโ€™t mind me, Iโ€™m just going to fetch my bag over there. :nauseated_face:
Sigh, okay I canโ€™t let this slide, I have to rant a little bit: CLAMP and their stories have always been a hit and miss for me. There are admittedly only a few works which I could stomach from the oneโ€™s Iโ€™ve read and know about in a general sense.
While there is plenty to like in Sakura and their other manga, there are always some things that just put me off quite a bit. And a big one of them are CLAMPโ€™s couples or โ€˜soul matesโ€™, so to say, because holy cr*** are there a lot of them that โ€“ in my opinion โ€“ should never have existed such Rika and the teacher, for example. :expressionless:

Word or expression of the day:

่ฒฏใ‚ใ‚‹ - (ใŸใ‚ใ‚‹) - to save up (money)

Honourable mention(s):
้ฟ้›ฃ - (ใฒใชใ‚“) - taking refuge, finding shelter, evacuation

20 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221218 - ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็‹ธใงใ‚ใ‚‹ progress: 98.01% :fire:

The conversation continues.
But it looks like it might end soon.

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

ๅ›ฐๆ†Šใ€Œใ“ใ‚“ใฐใ„ใ€ใƒผ Exhaustion; fatigue
ๅ‘ต่ฒฌใ€Œใ‹ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ Blame; accusation; torture; maltreatment

18 Likes

Dec 18, Sun of Week 12 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

• ๅฒ่จ˜ (first half of Ch.2)

Farmerโ€™s revolt.

A little of ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ, and also vocabularies also from Tate-Yuusha anime sub.

Interesting words
  • ใŠใจใ—ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to look down on. The Kanji form is ่ฒถ(ใŠใจใ—)ใ‚ใ‚‹, although this probably matters more for Kanji meaning.
  • ใจใ‚Šใ‚ใ‘ = especially. Kanji form is ๅ–(ใจ)ใ‚Šๅˆ†(ใ‚)ใ‘.
  • ใ•ใชใŒใ‚‰ = just like. Kanji form is ๅฎ›(ใ•ใชใŒ)ใ‚‰.
  • ใฒใ‚‹ใŒใˆใ‚‹ = to flutter in the wind; to have the mind changed. Kanji form is ็ฟป(ใฒใ‚‹ใŒใˆ)ใ‚‹.
  • ใ‚ใ„ใคใ„ใง = one after another. Kanji form is ็›ธๆฌก(ใ‚ใ„ใค)ใ„ใง.
  • ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ˆใใฐ = if chance favors. Probably ไผš(ใ‚)ใ† + ่‰ฏ(ใ‚ˆ)ใ.
  • ไธ€ไป‹(ใ„ใฃใ‹ใ„) = merely a โ€ฆ
  • ๆž—็ซ‹(ใ‚Šใ‚“ใ‚Šใค) = standing close together
  • ้ฆ–่ฌ€่€…(ใ—ใ‚…ใผใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = ringleader
  • ๆšดๅ›(ใผใ†ใใ‚“) = despot; tyrant
  • ่œ‚่ตท(ใปใ†ใ) = uprising. First Kanji is bee, from ่œœ่œ‚(ใฟใคใฐใก) or ใ‚นใ‚บใƒก่œ‚(ใฐใก).
  • ไนฑไธ–(ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ›) = turbulent times. Short ไธ–(ใ›) in context, although official version is probably ไนฑไธ–(ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ›ใ„).
  • ๅ‹ƒ็™บ(ใผใฃใฑใค) = sudden outbreak
  • ๅไนฑ(ใฏใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ‚“) = rebellion
  • ่ฆ่ก(ใ‚ˆใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = strategic position. The second Kanji is from ่ก็ช(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใจใค) or ่กๆ’ƒ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ).
  • ้–ฃไธ‹(ใ‹ใฃใ‹) = Your Excellency
  • ่ฟ‘่ก›(ใ“ใฎใˆ) = Imperial Guards
  • ๆญฆๅ‹‡(ใถใ‚†ใ†) = bravery
  • ็พฉๆŒ™(ใŽใใ‚‡) = heroic deed
  • ้ญ‚่ƒ†(ใ“ใ‚“ใŸใ‚“) = ulterior motives. Daring of the spirits?
  • ้‡Žๆœ›(ใ‚„ใผใ†) = ambition
  • ๅ‡บๆฅ(ใงใ‹)ใ—ใŸ = Well done! The base vocabulary is ๅ‡บๆฅ(ใงใ‹)ใ™.
  • ๏ฝžใฎๅจๅ…‰(ใ„ใ“ใ†) = through power/influence of (a big person)
  • ไธๆœ(ใตใตใ) = disapproval; dissatisfaction
  • ่ก€็ฅญ(ใกใพใค)ใ‚Š = blood offering (before the battle starts)
  • ๅณๅˆป(ใใฃใ“ใ) = immediately; instantly
  • ๆฏ”ไพ‹(ใฒใ‚Œใ„) = proportional
  • ๅˆ†้š›(ใถใ‚“ใ–ใ„) = social position; oneโ€™s place. Similarly to ่บซๅˆ†(ใฟใถใ‚“) or perhaps ็ซ‹ๅ ด(ใŸใกใฐ).
  • ็›ธๆฎบ(ใใ†ใ•ใ„) = cancelling out
  • ้‡‡้…(ใ•ใ„ใฏใ„) = commands; directions
  • ็„กๅฎ˜(ใ‚€ใ‹ใ‚“) = lacking a title. See also ็„กไฝ็„กๅฎ˜(ใ‚€ใ„ใ‚€ใ‹ใ‚“).
  • ไฟŠๆ•(ใ—ใ‚…ใ‚“ใณใ‚“) = quick-witted
  • ็™บๆณจ(ใฏใฃใกใ‚…ใ†) = placing an order
  • ๆญฆๅฃซ(ใ‚‚ใฎใฎใต) = warrior
  • ้ฉ•(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‰ใš = not haughty. The verb is ้ฉ•(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹ (proud) / ๅ‚ฒ(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹ (conceited), where JJ makes different entry from ๅฅข(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹ (luxurious).
  • ๅˆป(ใใ–)ใ‚€ = to engrave; to carve / to chop up; to mince
  • ๅ‹•ๅ‹ข(ใฉใ†ใ›ใ„) = movements; states. A similar one is ๅ‹•้™(ใฉใ†ใ›ใ„), but the first one is probably more about armies. (I am not exactly sure about JMdict for this one.)
    • ๅฟ…่ฆใซๅฟœใ˜ใฆๅŠฉๅ‹ขใซๅ‘ใ‹ใ†ใŸใ‚ใซใ€่ป้šŠใฎๅพŒๆ–นใซๆŽงใˆใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๆญฆๅฃซใŸใกใ€‚
  • ้ฃŸ(ใ)ใ„ๆญข(ใจ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to hold (enemy) at bay
  • ๆถˆ(ใ)ใˆๅคฑ(ใ†)ใ›ใ‚ = Get out of sight!
  • ็ฉๅนด(ใ›ใใญใ‚“)ใฎๆ€จ(ใ†ใ‚‰)ใฟ = long standing grudges
  • ๆฐด(ใฟใš)ใ‚’ใ•ใ™ = to estrange; to hamper. Can be ๆฐด(ใฟใš)ใ‚’ๅทฎ(ใ•)ใ™ or ๆฐด(ใฟใš)ใ‚’ๆณจ(ใ•)ใ™. (I think more of latter, but JJ likes the first.)
  • ็ฝช(ใคใฟ)ใ‚’็€(ใ)ใ›ใ‚‹ = to pin a crime on. Probably similar to ๅ†ค็ฝช(ใˆใ‚“ใ–ใ„).
  • ๅ…ˆ(ใ•ใ)ใ‚“ใšใ‚Œใฐไบบ(ใฒใจ)ใ‚’ๅˆถ(ใ›ใ„)ใ™ = early bird gets the worm. There also appears to be an opposite ๆ€ฅใ„ใฆใฏไบ‹ใ‚’ไป•ๆใ˜ใ‚‹, and so I noticed I forgot ไป•ๆ(ใ—ใใ‚“)ใ˜ใ‚‹ from yesterday.
  • ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“)ใ‚’ๆŠ•(ใช)ใ’ใ‹ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to cause a stir. ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“) is also Hamon from JoJo. I also saw another ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“) today โ€“ ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“)ใ‚’ๅ‘ผ(ใ‚ˆ)ใถ.
  • ่พฒๆฐ‘ไธ€ๆ†(ใฎใ†ใฟใ‚“ใ„ใฃใ) = farmerโ€™s uprising. An equivalent is ็™พๅง“ไธ€ๆ†(ใฒใ‚ƒใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ„ใฃใ).
  • ็Œซ(ใญใ“)ใ‚‚ๆ“ๅญ(ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ—)ใ‚‚ = anyone without distinction. The phrase refers to cats and ladles, though.
  • ๆˆ‘(ใ‚)ใŒ็‰ฉ(ใ‚‚ใฎ)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to appropriate for oneself
  • ไธฆใ€…(ใชใฟใชใฟ)ใชใ‚‰ใฌ = uncommon. ไธฆ(ใชใฟ) is just an ordinary thing.
  • ๆ„Ÿๆ…จๆทฑ(ใ‹ใ‚“ใŒใ„ใถใ‹)ใ„ = deeply emotive; moving
  • ๅ‹(ใพใ•)ใ‚‹ใจใ‚‚ๅŠฃ(ใŠใจ)ใ‚‰ใชใ„ = not inferior to; equal or better
  • ๅ…ฌๆ˜Žๆญฃๅคง(ใ“ใ†ใ‚ใ„ใ›ใ„ใ ใ„) = fair and upright

SFX

• ใŒใ‚ŠใŒใ‚Š = skinny / scratchy, crunchy / desperately, wholeheartedly

Kanji

• ้ฉ•
    • ้ฉ•(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹
    • ้ฉ•ๅฅข(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ), ย  ย  ้ฉ•ๆ…ข(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใพใ‚“)
  • ๅ‚ฒ
    • ๅ‚ฒๆ…ข(ใ”ใ†ใพใ‚“)
17 Likes

December 18th!

Today I read the second half of Chapter 4 of God Bless the Mistaken.
Struggled a bit with it this week, but Iโ€™ve had a pretty long (but fun!) weekend and Iโ€™m reading quite late at night, so Iโ€™m probably just tired.

(Home Post)

20 Likes

I am reading Chapter 4 of ้’ใƒ–ใ‚ฟ11 and I am in โ€œChore Modeโ€ where I am getting enough to get by but my mindset is more on finishing than enjoying it. I am literally about to be done, its interesting, but its just longer than the more recent volumes so the small details of what train station he is at or what food they want to eat is becoming quite the grind.

I have an hour and a half left. I can and probably will finish today. But I am gonna need a break from the series until my vacation.

18 Likes