December 15

ไบบ้–“ๆค…ๅญ -

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ56
100 -132

I didnโ€™t have as much time as I wanted. No work tomorrow though

20 Likes

December 16th

:snowflake: :christmas_tree:Home post:christmas_tree::snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 2 or Aria: the masterpiece volume 2 โ€“ progress report

Yesterday: Read up to page 341, finished chapter 19.
Today: Read up to page 376, finished chapter 20 and Aria: the masterpiece volume 2. :tada:

I still have a lingering anxious feeling today but at least itโ€™s better than yesterday. Finished chapter 20 which was cute albeit predictable, and with that the second volume. I have officially reached my goal of reading the first 2 volumes of Aria before the end of this year with several days to spare. :smiling_face:

While the 3rd volume is already at my disposal, I have just gotten the message that my next order may take a while longer (around a month). Therefore, Iโ€™ll switch to mostly reading Card Captor Sakura during the week again and Aria on the weekends which will prevent me from finishing Aria volume 3 too soon.

Word or expression of the day:

ใƒ›ใƒฉ่ฉฑ - (ใปใ‚‰ใฏใชใ—) - tall story, tall tale, cock-and-bull storyโ€‹

Honourable mention(s):
ไบบๆททใฟ - (ใฒใจใ”ใฟ) - crowd of people
ใƒใƒใŒๅฝ“ใŸใ‚‹ - (ใฐใกใŒใ‚ใŸใ‚‹) - to incur divine punishment, to pay for oneโ€™s sinsโ€‹
็ฒพ้€ฒ (+ใ™ใ‚‹) - (ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚“) - adherence to a vegetarian dietโ€‹

20 Likes

Can always recommend taking some calm, deep breaths.

15 Likes

Indeed, taking deep breaths is very sound advice for anyone experiencing anxiety or stress and I want to thank you for mentioning it. :blush:

I wonโ€™t elaborate much on the kind of anxious vicious cycle I went through. Iโ€™ll just say that it also involved my blood pressure being too high that made me even more anxious in return โ€“ but taking deep breaths is exactly one of the strategies I employed: did a few short breathing sessions yesterday and today in the form of slow, deep abdominal breaths while lying down in a relaxing position and it helped a bit.

12 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221216 - ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็‹ธใงใ‚ใ‚‹ progress: 97.12% :art:

These guys seem unaware that there arenโ€™t many pages left as thereโ€™s no end to their conversation in sight.

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

็ ดๅคฉ่’ใ€Œใฏใฆใ‚“ใ“ใ†ใ€ใƒผ Unprecedented; unheard of
้™‹็ฟ’ใ€Œใ‚ใ†ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ€ใƒผ Bad habit; harmful practice

19 Likes

Dec 16, Fri of Week 12 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

• ใ‹ใŒใฟใฎๅญคๅŸŽ (ไธ‹) 32% => 35% (around 1/20 of March, audio separately first)

ๅนปๆป…ใ•ใ‚ŒใŸใ€‚

Bookmarks can be saved (a little inconveniently), with percentage, by scroll screenshot on Android. On web browser version, percentage doesnโ€™t show. Sync can be done by pasting in Notion, where long vertical images arenโ€™t shrunkened.

• ๅฒ่จ˜ (front to page 44, half of Ch.1)

Perhaps around the start of ๆผข Dynasty. I would be nice if I can associate names with my Chinese dialectโ€ฆ (where I donโ€™t need Hanzi), not really the Mandarin one, and I donโ€™t always find an answer. (I donโ€™t give up the hope of learning Mandarin in the future, though. Perhaps next two years.)

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ (1 hour)

Bind play

I also touched a little of BU$TAFELLOWS. So, I reinstalled on my Android tablet as @MissDagger started the club, and has a good idea on how to make the VN linear, and not hurried; so now easily manageable.

Prologue + Chapter 1 is free on Android, but more than twice as expensive than Steam version. (Around 3.5 times.) However, Steam has no free version. (Steam is translated-to-EN sub version, though.)

Interesting words
  • ใŽใ“ใกใชใ„ = clumsy
  • ็‰นๅ…ธ(ใจใใฆใ‚“) = special benefits. Extra stuff from the game.
  • ๅคไปŠ(ใ“ใ“ใ‚“) = all times; ancient and modern times.
  • ้‡Žๅคช(ใฎใถใจ)ใ„ = audacious
  • ่ˆ—่ฃ…(ใปใใ†) = pavement
  • ้›ช่ž(ใ‚†ใใฉ)ใ‘ = melting of snow. Alternate version is indeed ้›ช่งฃ(ใ‚†ใใฉ)ใ‘ from ่งฃ(ใจ)ใ‘ใ‚‹.
  • ไธก้šฃ(ใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ†ใฉใชใ‚Š) = both sides
  • ไธ‹ๅ‘(ใ’ใณ)ใ‚‹ = to become vulgar. Also see ไธ‹ๅ‘(ใ’ใณ).
  • ไธŠ็Ž‰(ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ ใพ) = fine jewel
  • ็›—ไบบ(ใฌใ™ใฃใจ) = robber. From ็›—(ใฌใ™)ใ‚€ + ไบบ(ใฒใจ).
  • ่‹›(ใ•ใ„ใช)ใ‚€ = to torment. Compare ่‹›(ใ„ใ‚‰)ใคใ and ่‹›(ใ„ใ˜)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ็„ก็ฒ‹(ใถใ™ใ„) = inelegant
  • ้ฆ–ๅฐพ(ใ—ใ‚…ใณ) = from beginning to the end
  • ็ตถไธ–(ใœใฃใ›ใ„)ใฎ็พŽๅฅณ(ใณใ˜ใ‚‡) = woman of unmatched beauty
  • ็พค้›„ๅ‰ฒๆ‹ (ใใ‚“ใ‚†ใ†ใ‹ใฃใใ‚‡). Literally perhaps collection of heroes, but split amongst factions.
  • ๆˆ(ใช)ใ—้‚(ใจ)ใ’ใ‚‹ = to accomplish
  • ๅฌ(ใ‚)ใ—ๆ•(ใจ)ใ‚‹ = to arrest (e.g., of a police)
  • ่ฆ‹(ใฟ)ใ›ใ—ใ‚ = setting as example. I see as ่ฆ‹(ใฟ)ใ›ใ‚‹ + ็ท (ใ—)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ๅฟƒ็ฅžๅ–ชๅคฑ(ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใใ†ใ—ใค) = of an unsound mind
  • ใปใจใผใ‚ŠใŒๅ†ท(ใ•)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = things calm down. The particle changed to ใฎ in context. ็†ฑ(ใปใจใผ)ใ‚Š perhaps comes from ็ซ(ใป)้€š(ใจใŠ)ใ‚Š?
  • ่บซ(ใฟ)ใใ‚‹ใฟ = all one has. Dictionary suggests ่บซใใ‚‹ใฟใฏใŒใ‚Œใ‚‹ and ่บซใใ‚‹ใฟใฏใŽใจใ‚‰ใ‚Œใ‚‹, but in context uses ๅ‰ฅ(ใฏ)ใŒใ™.
  • ่‰ฏๅฟƒ(ใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚“)ใฎๅ‘ต่ฒฌ(ใ‹ใ—ใ‚ƒใ) = pricks of conscience. ๅ‘ต่ฒฌ(ใ‹ใ—ใ‚ƒใ) refers to tormenting. (Caustic words + Blaming)
  • ้ตœๅ‘‘(ใ†ใฎ)ใฟใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to swallow whole (e.g. of a ่ฉฑ(ใฏใชใ—)). ้ตœ(ใ†) is a cormorant :feather:.

SFX

• ใ˜ใŸใฐใŸ = making a fuss
  • ใ–ใฃใใ‚Š = roughly
  • ใพใ”ใคใ = to be confused, from ใพใ”ใพใ”
  • ใ—ใŠใ—ใŠ = dejectedly; in low spirits
  • ใ‚‚ใžใ‚‚ใž = creeping about
  • ใ™ใฃใใจ = upright (of standing posture)
  • ใฑใ‚‰ใ‚Š = dropping in small bits
17 Likes

Iโ€™ve only posted briefly last week or so.

The first week of my overseas trip has been fairly busy but Iโ€™ve still read a tiny bit every day. Today was a little better.

16/12 7 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง, 3 pages ใ‹ใฟใ•ใพใŒใพใกใŒใˆใ‚‹ (finished weekโ€™s reading)

So going into next week Iโ€™m quite behind, but I think Iโ€™ve got scope to catch up. Except for ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใกโ€ฆ where Iโ€™m falling back quite a bit.

20 Likes

:maple_leaf: :jack_o_lantern: :snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 16 :christmas_tree: :snowflake: :jack_o_lantern: :maple_leaf:
Home Post

BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag:

I had so many hopes for today. Holiday reading in Swedish and English. Finish the prologue of Bustafellows, but no.

At least I got started on Bustafellows, figuring out the unmentioned (why?!) keybindings.

I also got my little cat a new toy. A long tunnel with balls at either end. First impressions suggests he liked it a lot. :smiley:

Edit: Apparently I was like 2-3 screens away from finishing the prologue so on the way to starting another game on my Switch, I did end up finishing the prologue. :joy:

20 Likes

December 16th!

Today I read chapter 35 of Happiness, finishing Volume 7.
It ended on a cliffhanger, which seems to be happening to me a lot this week!
I need to get faster at reading so I can stop having to wait to see what happens next in so many books :sweat_smile:

(Home Post)

19 Likes

:frog: Home :phone:

December 16

ไบบ้–“ๆค…ๅญ -

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ56 :shark:
133 - end (200)

I love Abbacchio. Such a shitty, trashy guy. I sent a pic of the scene where he joins others beating up a guy because in the anime, they cut to him finishing a glass of wine before joining them and a friend asked me what some text in the corner was. I had only skimmed it in my reading last night! Turns out that he was using the now unconscious guy to test the gangโ€™s food for poison. Heโ€™s so awful. I love him. I have awful taste in anime men.

18 Likes

Home

I read ch 4 of JJK0, finishing the volume! 0 was good, I liked it. Also, Yuuta punched Getou in the face this chapter, which was great. It wasnโ€™t as difficult as Iโ€™d thought it would be to stop myself from immediately picking up the novelization, and I spent the rest of the evening just reading in English.

I also took a peek at vol 1, and itโ€™s got normal-length chapters. Iโ€™m not used to reading manga with such long chapters, so it was kinda throwing me off with this (ๅ›ใซๅฑŠใ‘, too, for that matter), which may be why I only managed one chapter a day, even though I definitely went into it yesterday feeling like I could read both 3 and 4.

Some vocab of note:

ใ‚ใ‚ใ›ใ‚‹ [ไป–ไธ€] to put blade to blade; to fight. I can definitely see how this is related to โ€œto match,โ€ especially with the English phrase, โ€œto match blades.โ€
ๅŽš้ก” (ใ“ใ†ใŒใ‚“) [noun, ใช-adj.] impudence; audacity; shamelessness; effrontery. And here I learn that ๅŽš also means โ€œbrazen,โ€ not just โ€œthickโ€ and the like.

18 Likes

Iโ€™m about 80% done with ้ป„้‡‘ไปฎ้ข now, still chugging along right on track to finish out my books for the year :pray:

Wooo congrats! :tada:

18 Likes

Home Post

Day 37 Progress:
ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ ๅ››ๅ†Š - 50.92% โ†’ 57.47%

Horrid day for reading. Stumbled over a lot of basic things I thought I knew, and also the book was just awful. Closest Iโ€™ve ever gotten to wanting to drop it, or at least take a break.

ๅ‘จใ‚ใพใญ telling ็œŸๆ˜ผใพใฒใ‚‹ that she shouldnโ€™t be exposing her damn legs because it might attract the inadvertent impassioned gazes of boys. And the fact that itโ€™s justified by every single boy apart from ๅ‘จ and his friends being some insane lusthound for ็œŸๆ˜ผ. What an awful trope that should have died 30 years ago.

Hopefully better and less painful reading session tomorrow.

Word of the Day: ็ซฏๆœซใŸใ‚“ใพใค - computer terminal or device like smartphone, tablet, etc. I like the idea of the Internet being vast and immense and your device is only accessing a tiny tip at the edge of it.

23 Likes

December 16 :maple_leaf: Home Post

Iโ€™ve made it through the semester, but I was still pretty busy with social things so just finished up the chapter of ใƒ–ใƒซใƒผใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏ I was on. But now Iโ€™m free! :tada: and just in time for BU$TAFELLOWS to start, Iโ€™ll have to look into that :eyes:

20 Likes

:snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 16th :christmas_tree: :snowflake: (Home Post Link)

Read:

Good Words

NHK
้‡ใ€Œใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ†ใ€ใƒผ quantity, amount
็Ÿฅไบ‹ใ€Œใกใ˜ใ€ใƒผ governor
ใšใค ใƒผ apiece

ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค
็–ฒใ‚ŒใŸใ€Œใคใ‹ใ‚ŒใŸใ€ใƒผ worn-out (as opposed to sleepy)
่ทกๅ–ใ‚Šใ€Œใ‚ใจใจใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ heir, successor
ใ‚ฐใƒฌใ‚‹ ใƒผ to go off the rails, to stray from the right path
ใ„ใกใ˜ใ ใƒผ fig
ใ‚ถใ‚ฏใƒญ ใƒผ pomegranate
็”ท็ˆตใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ baron (was this the same word they used in ่€ณใ‚’ใ™ใพใ›ใฐ? i seem to remember them just using ใƒใƒญใƒณ or something)

18 Likes

December 17th!

Today I finished Volume 9 of Teasing Master Takagi-san. As there are currently 18 volumes, that marks the half way point :slight_smile: Though Iโ€™m sure another volume or two will come out before I reach the end!

(Home Post)

19 Likes

Dec 17, Sat of Week 12 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

• ๅฒ่จ˜ (latter half of Ch.1)

Great Wall of China, and ้€†ใ‚‰ใ†่€….

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ (1 hour)

Yesterday was trickery, and now mask? Noble-acting, and masked guy speak difficult-to-understand all of sudden.

Not counting that the title of first of trilogy says there is a fake mask?

Interesting words
  • ใƒ„ใ‚ฑ = bill, payment. Kanji form is ไป˜(ใค)ใ‘.
  • ใŸใฆใคใ = to disobey. Kanji form is ็›พ็ช(ใŸใฆใค)ใ (piercing the shield).
  • ใฏใ„ใšใ‚‹ = to crawl. Kanji form is ้€™(ใฏ)ใ„ใšใ‚‹, probably crawl and graze (ๆ“ฆ(ใ™)ใ‚‹).
  • ใŠใŠใถใ‚ใ—ใ = large furoshiki; big talk. Kanji form is ๅคง้ขจๅ‘‚ๆ•ท(ใŠใŠใถใ‚ใ—ใ) = large (ๅคง(ใŠใŠ)ใใ„) + bath (้ขจๅ‘‚(ใตใ‚)) + spread (ๆ•ท(ใ—)ใ).
  • ใ‚Šใ“ใ† = smart. A Kanji form is ๅˆฉๅฃ(ใ‚Šใ“ใ†).
  • ใ‹ใŸใฉใ‚‹ = to model after. A Kanji is ่ฑก(ใ‹ใŸใฉ)ใ‚‹, and of course ๅฝข(ใ‹ใŸ)ๅ–(ใฉ)ใ‚‹.
  • ในใฃใดใ‚“ = beautiful woman. A Kanji version is indeed ๅˆฅๅ“(ในใฃใดใ‚“), that is, different level of good stuff. (Normally, ๅˆฅๅฌช(ในใฃใดใ‚“))
  • ใ—ใ‚ƒใฐ = this world. Kanji form is ๅจ‘ๅฉ†(ใ—ใ‚ƒใฐ).
  • ๆœช็ทด(ใฟใ‚Œใ‚“) = lingering. Also in ๆœช็ทดใŒใพใ—ใ„.
  • ๏ฝž้ขจๆƒ…(ใตใœใ„) = the likes of
  • ๆด่ญท(ใˆใ‚“ใ”) = backing; supporting
  • ๅฏ†้›†(ใฟใฃใ—ใ‚…ใ†) = clustering together (formation)
  • ้€้›ป(ใกใใงใ‚“) = running away
  • ็ ‚ไธ˜(ใ•ใใ‚…ใ†) = sand dune
  • ็ชๅฆ‚(ใจใคใ˜ใ‚‡) = suddenly. A phrase is ็ชๅฆ‚็•ฐๅค‰(ใจใคใ˜ใ‚‡ใ„ใธใ‚“)
  • ๅŽปๅ‹ข(ใใ‚‡ใ›ใ„) = castration; neutering
  • ๅฎฆๅฎ˜(ใ‹ใ‚“ใŒใ‚“) = eunuch. Employed in Chinese palaceโ€ฆ
  • ๅด่ฟ‘(ใใฃใใ‚“) = close aide
  • ๆ นๅŸŽ(ใญใ˜ใ‚) = stronghold
  • ๅทก่กŒ(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ“ใ†) = patrol
  • ๅคงๅฑค(ใŸใ„ใใ†) = extremely
  • ็„ก้ ผ(ใถใ‚‰ใ„) = villainous
  • ่‡ญๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ) = stinking smelling; stench
  • ่ฆ‡็Ž‹(ใฏใŠใ†) = supreme ruler. Probably ๅˆถ่ฆ‡(ใ›ใ„ใฏ)ใฎ็Ž‹(ใŠใ†). Also the one from Shaman King.
  • ๅˆป้™(ใ“ใใ’ใ‚“) = appointed time
  • ๅ‡บๅœŸ(ใ—ใ‚…ใคใฉ) = archeological evacuation
  • ๅŸ‹่‘ฌ(ใพใ„ใใ†) = burial
  • ๆฎ‰ๆญป(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ—) = dying with the master. First Kanji is of martyrdom.
  • ๆœดๅฟตไป(ใผใใญใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = quiet unsociable person
  • ๆŠœๅ‰ฃ(ใฐใฃใ‘ใ‚“) = drawing oneโ€™s sword
  • ่…น่Šธ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ’ใ„) = force of personality
  • ๅ›ฎ(ใŠใจใ‚Š) = lure
  • ็ฒ—้‡Ž(ใใ‚„) = vulgar; rude
  • ๆ…‡ๆ‡ƒ(ใ„ใ‚“ใŽใ‚“) = courteous. Also, without Furigana.
  • ้‚่กŒ(ใ™ใ„ใ“ใ†) = execution; carrying out
  • ๅŒ็’ง(ใใ†ใธใ) = two matchless things. Second Kanji from ๅฎŒ็’ง(ใ‹ใ‚“ใบใ).
  • ๆŸ(ใใ‚ŒใŒใ—) = I; me (archaic).
  • ็–พ้ง†(ใ—ใฃใ) = driving a horse fast
  • ้…ท่–„(ใ“ใใฏใ) = cruel; inhuman. Sounds very much like ๅ‘Š็™ฝ(ใ“ใใฏใ).
  • ่ช(ใ—ใŸใŸ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to write a letter
  • ่ญท(ใพใ‚‚)ใ‚‹. Alternate Kanji for ๅฎˆ(ใพใ‚‚)ใ‚‹.
  • ๆฐ—ๅ…ผ(ใใŒ)ใญ = getting restrained
  • ็Ž‡(ใฒใ)ใ„ใ‚‹ = to lead
  • ๅˆ‡(ใ)ใ‚Œ่€…(ใ‚‚ใฎ) = sharp and able person.
  • ๆจช(ใ‚ˆใ“)ใŸใ‚ใ‚‹ = to stretch across
  • ๅณฐๆ‰“(ใฟใญใ†)ใก = striking with back of the sword. First Kanji is ๅณฐ(ใฟใญ).
  • ๆŠ˜(ใŠใ‚Š)ใ‹ใ‚‰ = at that time. I think of ๆ™‚ๆŠ˜(ใจใใŠใ‚Š) + ใ‹ใ‚‰. (Though it is more of ๆŸ„(ใ‹ใ‚‰))
  • ๅผ•(ใฒ)ใๅ—(ใ†)ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to assume responsibility
  • ใ„ใฃใใฎไบ‹(ใ“ใจ) = preferably. Also, ใ„ใฃใ.
  • ่…น(ใฏใ‚‰)ใ‚ใŸ = guts. In dictionary as ่…ธ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ‚ใŸ)
  • ใ‹ใใฎๅฆ‚(ใ”ใจ)ใ = thus / this way
  • ใ‚„ใ‘้…’(ใ–ใ‘) = drowning in desperation
  • ็จฎๆ˜Ž(ใŸใญใ‚)ใ‹ใ— = revealing of how trick is done. ็จฎ(ใŸใญ) is just like ใƒใ‚ฟ โ€“ Inverted words.
  • ่™ซ(ใ‚€ใ—)ใ‘ใ‚‰ = insignificant wormsโ€ฆ
  • ๅคงๆฆ‚(ใŸใ„ใŒใ„)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to stay within bounds
  • ็‡•้›€(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ)ๅฎ‰(ใ„ใšใ)ใ‚“ใž้ดป้ต (ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ)ใฎๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—)ใ‚’็Ÿฅ(ใ—)ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‚„
    • ็‡•้›€(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ) = swallow (็‡•(ใคใฐใ‚)) + sparrow (้›€(ใ™ใšใ‚)). Both compounded and standalone versions can be found in context.
    • ๅฎ‰(ใ„ใšใ)ใ‚“ใž = ใ€Œใ„ใšใใซใžใ€ใฎ้Ÿณๅค‰ๅŒ– = ไฝ•(ใชใ‚“)ใž. Why so?
    • ้ดป้ต (ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ)ใฎๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—) = the ambition (ๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—)) of Chinese phoenix? (้ดป(ใŠใŠใจใ‚Š)) + swan (้ต (ใใใ„))
    • Two lines, so actually ็‡•้›€ๅฎ‰ใ‚“ใž ใƒป ้ดป้ต ใฎๅฟ—ใ‚’็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‚„
  • ้ ญ(ใ‚ใŸใพ)ใŒไธŠ(ใ‚)ใŒใ‚‰ใชใ„ = to be no match for
  • ไบบ่ž(ใฒใจใŽ)ใใฎๆ‚ช(ใ‚ใ‚‹)ใ„ = disgraceful
  • ้ชจ่‚‰็›ธ้ฃŸ(ใ“ใคใซใใ‚ใ„ใฏ)ใ‚€ = to fight between family members. Also, ้ชจ่‚‰็›ธ้ฃŸ(ใ“ใคใซใใใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ), or just the first part ้ชจ่‚‰(ใ“ใคใซใ)ใฎไบ‰(ใ‚ใ‚‰ใ)ใ„.
  • ๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใซๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ = whatever will be, will be; things happen the way they happen
  • ้ฌจ(ใจใ)ใฎๅฃฐ(ใ“ใˆ) = battle cry. Somehow sounds like cries of time (ๆ™‚ใฎๅฃฐ).
  • ไธ€่“ฎๆ‰˜็”Ÿ(ใ„ใกใ‚Œใ‚“ใŸใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = being the same boat
  • ่ข‹(ใตใใ‚)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to gang up and beat someone
  • ็ฝต่ฉˆ้›‘่จ€(ใฐใ‚Šใžใ†ใ”ใ‚“) = all kinds of verbal abuse. Also without Furigana. Personally, no idea about the second Kanji; there appears to be a single wordโ€ฆ ็ฝต่ฉˆ(ใฐใ‚Š). The first is just ็ฝต(ใฎใฎใ—)ใ‚‹.

SFX

• ใƒ›ใ‚คใƒ›ใ‚ค = recklessly

Kanji

Rather than listing various possible readings, meanings, or representative vocabularies, start to matter more.

• ่‹›
    • ่‹›(ใ•ใ„ใช)ใ‚€, ่‹›(ใ„ใ‚‰)ใคใ, ่‹›(ใ„ใ˜)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ่ž
    • Melting
    • ้›ช(ใ‚†ใ)่ž(ใฉ)ใ‘
  • ่‡ญ
    • ่‡ญๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ)
    • ่‡ญ(ใใ•)ใ„
    • ่‡ญ(ใซใŠ)ใ„
  • ไฟ‘
    • Terracotta figure
    • ๅ…ต้ฆฌไฟ‘(ใธใ„ใฐใ‚ˆใ†)
  • ๅ›ฎ
    • ๅ›ฎ(ใŠใจใ‚Š)
17 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221217 - ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็‹ธใงใ‚ใ‚‹ progress: 97.52% :beverage_box:

Itโ€™s amusing reading these guys predictions of the future from 100 years ago, they somewhat feel exactly the same as peopleโ€™s predictions these days aka: โ€œoh no we be doomed I tell you, society ainโ€™t what it used to beโ€

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

ๅ‹‡็Œ›็ฒพ้€ฒใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใฟใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Someone who practices asceticism and has a dauntless spirit; brave and diligent hero
็ฟ•็„ถใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใœใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Coming together as one; unanimously

18 Likes

December 17th

:snowflake: :christmas_tree:Home post:christmas_tree::snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 2 โ€“ progress report

Yesterday: Read up to page 376, finished chapter 20 and Aria: the masterpiece volume 2.
Today: Started reading Card Captor Sakura volume 2, read up to page 37, finished chapter 6.

My anxiety has passed (for now) and I could read without the intent of distracting myself from it again. Iโ€™ll stick to Card Captor Sakura during this and the next week, perhaps even until the end of the month. No idea, how far Iโ€™ll get until the 31st but it would be nice if I could finish at least volume 3 by then.

Word or expression of the day:

่ค‡้›‘ - (ใตใใ–ใค) - complicated, intricate, mixed feelings

Honourable mention(s):
้‹ๅ‹•็ฅž็ตŒ - (ใ†ใ‚“ใฉใ†ใ—ใ‚“ใ‘ใ„) - reflexes
็™บๆŽ˜ - (ใฏใฃใใค) - (archaeological) excavation, discovery (e.g. a new talent)

18 Likes

:maple_leaf: :jack_o_lantern: :snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 17 :christmas_tree: :snowflake: :jack_o_lantern: :maple_leaf:
Home Post

Swedish holiday traditions (in Swedish) :snowman:
Holiday short story (in English) :snowman:

Yeah, I know neither of those said Japanese. But that is just how it is sometimes. :woman_shrugging:

I did spend a lot of time on Japanese-ish related things. Just not reading. ^^

19 Likes