Letter 6

Orange :tangerine: Home Thread

Previous Part: Chapter 5
Next Part: Chapter 7

Reading

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
August 20th Letter 6 53 - 84 32

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Donā€™t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, itā€™s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• Iā€™m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • Iā€™m still reading the book but I havenā€™t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

3 Likes

In the first few opening pages of the chapter Suwa is thrown for a loop when Kakeru calls out his crush on Naho. Then a few pages later everyone (other than dense Naho) confirms that theyā€™ve all known the whole time. I mean, heā€™s a nice guy to everyone but he obviously has a preference. :wink:

What I like about the series is the guys inevitably have a rivalry considering they like the same girl, but they arenā€™t doing any dirty underhanded tricks to get her to fall for them.

And what I like about this chapter is Suwa and Kakeru are both helping each other out - or the former is while the latter is just giving credit where itā€™s due and wanting to confirm if Naho has feelings for Suwa as well.

Something worth checking back on page 70 later: Future Naho writes that Suwa asks her to swap places with her (implying Suwa wanted to set them up the first time too). Either Suwa is just a really nice guy so he may not have gotten a letter like some members theorized or he did and the same outcome just had different circumstances. What do you think?

2 Likes

This was a super interesting chapter! I really enjoyed it and its really got the cogs turning in my mind.

Spoiler-filled Chapter Thoughts

As much as I obviously donā€™t want something tragic to happen to Kakeru - Iā€™m definitely on Team Suwa - heā€™s either willing to sacrifice his own happiness for Nahoā€™s, or if he IS getting letters from his future self too then heā€™s willing to sacrifice his happiness to save his friend. Either way, what a great guy :heart:

Personally, Iā€™m leaning towards him getting letters from his future self too.
After reading this chapter I have a wild theory that in the future timeline, Suwa gave Naho the bandaid and that was a step that lead towards their relationship becoming romantic. Iā€™m thinking that their relationship may be something that influenced Kakeruā€™s death, and that Suwa is trying to change the future by having Kakeru give Naho the bandaid instead.
Iā€™m double spoiler tagging just in case anybody is interested in current chapter discussion, but doesnā€™t want to be influenced by my tinfoil hat theories :laughing:

I have absolutely no basis for this idea really, but something about that whole interaction felt important to me

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Funny thing is, this chapter has me convinced this is how he was in the original timeline, and thus heā€™s not being guided by letters, based on some of the observations mentioned by Future Naho.

4 Likes

Well, now that Iā€™m back on the horse and I had time this weekend, I also knocked this chapter out.

Story spoilers

Honestly, Iā€™m liking Azu better and better. From the beginning she felt mostly like a comic relief character, much like Hagita is mostly used. But this chapter especially with Azu really checking in with Suwa about being okay with Kakeru+Naho, we are really shown sheā€™s so much more than that. And honestly, Iā€™m landing in the fact that her expressions are the ones I like the best.

Alsoā€¦ Hagitaā€¦ :woman_facepalming: So smart, so blunt to seem almost dense to social niceties, although Iā€™m not sure heā€™s actually unaware as much as he doesnā€™t care. :joy:

And honestly, Suwaā€¦ my manā€¦ Iā€™m still holding out for my hope of a three-way relationship. Because anything else honestly feels too tragic. :sob:

Kakeru totally deserves happiness, and so does Suwa, and Naho. But right now it seems like Suwa is dooming himself to being heartbroken. Although heartbreak does heal, doesnā€™t seem fair. Although Iā€™m not sure there is a fair solution to their dilemma.

And I love how much Kakeru and Suwa cares for each other. They could be tripping each other up in a quest to get Naho, but instead it is almost like they are acting as each otherā€™s wingmen. And Naho pretty oblivious to it all, but not entirely (if I read the chapter right).

3 Likes