海辺のカフカ - Kafka on the Shore :beach_umbrella: Home Thread

Week 12

Start Date: Aug 13th
Previous Part: Week 11

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapters Page Count
Week 12 Aug 13th 23 28

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

3 Likes

End of the book club! :tada::tada::tada::tada: …and now on to the rest of the book :laughing:

Although I’m glad that we’re continuing straight on, I was very interested to see how the end of this book would feel as a stopping point. Given that it is one book split into 2 rather than two distinct volumes/parts I wondered if it would have a satisfying-ish end or would just feel like a random mid book chapter. But I do actually think this chapter works okay to ‘close the book’. It deepens the mystery in a nice way, whilst also calling back to some of the weird things that have happened so far. I liked it!

Looking forward to 下!

6 Likes

Woooo book 1 done!!! :tada: I agree it was an interesting stopping point; ending off with the beginnings of a close look into the whole namesake of the book feels appropriate. I’m really curious how Saeki and Kafka are connected because clearly she has some insight into this whole situation whether she knows it or not, but I also don’t really know how to reconcile her being his mom or something? Idk, I have more questions than answers as always :man_shrugging:

5 Likes