📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

July 23 :blossom: Home Post

Club time! :tada: I read this week’s chapter of ルーパーズ which went really smoothly I think. It’s a lot of fun so far! I’m enjoying the story and the characters, and it’s cool going through and talking about it together :grin:

I also started chapter 17 of 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ with the intent of reading it in a sitting as I’ve generally been doing with the chapters, but then my brain said no, you’re sleepy now :joy: So just 9 pages but that’s okay, it was a productive reading day regardless!

book buying digression

Well there are about a billion books I wanna buy so I’ve made a deal with myself that if I do some of the upcoming book clubs then that’s my excuse for a book order :joy: I’m not sure yet if I’ll do Spice and Wolf, but I’m definitely gonna be doing the natively mystery book club, with how many interesting nominations there are :eyes:

That’s where the complications come though lmao; in the past I’ve gotten stuff from mandarake, and that’s been great, but that’s definitely geared more towards manga and light novels. Now that I’m wanting to get more novels, I’m looking at cdjapan which I haven’t used before so :sparkles: mystery :sparkles: though it seems pretty comparable for the most part, just some price differences which makes sense. But the current top pick for the mystery book club is only available by proxy which complicates things but is probably fine? There’s enough stuff I want that mandarake doesn’t have that it’s probably worth it :man_shrugging: (and still cheaper than amazon for sure lmao)

So yeah this is mostly just me rambling haha, but if anyone has any particular advice about cdjapan or anything I’d certainly be interested to hear it!

On that note, if anyone has recommendations for books I should look into getting I’m always down for that, not like I already have so many things I want to read :laughing:

Congrats, that’s awesome!! :tada:

Ahh congrats, you made it!! A world of infinite possibilities awaits :laughing:

Yay, I’m so glad! ルーパーズ has been a lot of fun so far :blush:

24 Likes