📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

:spiral_calendar: Day 11: July 11th :ocean: :shell:

🎀 ふだつきのキョーコちゃん Volume 2 (78% ➨ 100%)

As I progress through volume 2, I’m seeing more aspects of story moving forward. Things like, for example, Kenji keeps boys from getting too close to Kyouko to ensure nothing bad happens, but this had the unfortunate side-effect that girls avoid her as well (as Kenji realizes this volume). There’s also Kyouko’s initial of jealousy of Hibino which looks to be slowly subsiding as Kyouko spends more time around Hibino.

The main weakness I see as I near the end of volume two is that the main characters feel one-dimensional to me, especially Hibino. Hopefully they get fleshed out a bit over the next few volumes.

I do feel the same about Takagi and Nishikata in their series, that they often feel a bit one-dimensional to me. On the other hand, Ayumu and Urushi in their series I feel have steadily developed as characters over time.

The newcomer of this volume looks like she’ll help shake things up a bit.

She’s fairly dynamic and expressive and should be a good counter to Kyouko’s professed preference for solitude.

Aside from that, today’s reading includes a nice scene with Kyouko purposefully removing her ribbon:

spacer:ribbon: ふだつきのキョーコちゃん Volume 3 (0% ➨ 40%)

spacer:lizard: 怪獣のトカゲ Volume 1 (47% ➨ 68%)

spacer:ninja:t2: くノ一ツバキの胸の内 Volume 2 (65% ➨ 81%)

21 Likes