📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

July 8 :blossom: Home Post

This challenge is quickly turning into me going feral over バディミッションBOND :joy: There’s just… a lot?? It’s definitely the longest (vndb says like 45 hours) and most difficult VN I’ve played so far, but at this point I’m in so deep I don’t even care lmao. Honestly the only thing I’ve actually tried that might be a rougher read is 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ? But even then I’m not sure, and I’m certainly much farther in this than I ever got in 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ so :man_shrugging: It’s getting easier as I go though, for sure. I mostly just get thrown by weirdly specific expressions but that’s probably not gonna change anytime soon :laughing:

buddy bond is killing me slowly

Emotions were really high today :sweat_smile: アーロン’s whole complex about heroes goes so deep; he’s so adamant there’s no such thing, that he doesn’t care about anyone outside his family and would never go out of his way for anyone else, and yet he does so again and again! He puts his whole life on the line not just for ルーク, but for people he hardly even knows, and it’s just like… he and ルーク are the same deep down, アーロン’s just been crushed by the world and covers it all with aggression and apathy. He really is such a tragic character, and it just keeps getting worse :sob:

ルーク is so relentlessly good, I love him :') everyone’s going on about how アーロン betrayed him, even アーロン, and ルーク is just like “no, he was just trying to save アラナ” with no grudge whatsoever. チェズレイ (not that he’s a standard for goodness lmao but whatever) was like “why are you worried about someone who betrayed you, who walked all over your heart and trust” and ルーク just kept believing in アーロン anyway! He’s such a genuinely good person, he deserves all the happiness in the world honestly.

Today was very anime haha; dramatic scenes everywhere!

ルーク the shounen protagonist, truly :joy:

ルーク imitating アーロン lmao, very good :+1:

But what really has me messed up is this:

There’s so much to unpack here?? So there’s been a lot of implication with ルーク and that lab where the experiments took place, and I suspected アーロン was the one carrying ルーク in the opening, but this? It’s so much more than I thought; they didn’t just have some random connection in the past, no no, they knew each other, ルーク just doesn’t remember anything. But… アーロン does? Maybe? It’d explain why he reacted the way he did when he first learned ルーク’s name. But man… that makes the whole hero thing so much more complicated. Also just look at him?? He’s so precious and happy? Before the world crushed his spirit? All these characters continue to have really intricate histories and relationships and I have a lot of feelings about it :laughing:

Oh very relatable, that letter took some doing :joy: I wasn’t prepared for my keigo knowledge to be tested so thoroughly haha

Aw I’m sorry, I wish you all the best! Rest is important :muscle:

Oooh I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on that, I’ve been enjoying mystery-type stuff a lot recently so that sounds like a good time! I’ll see if I can come up with a good nomination :eyes: no promises though lmao

26 Likes