📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

July 7 :blossom: Home Post

I played a bunch of バディミッションBOND and just wow! Things are rough :sweat_smile: I keep playing these dramatic VNs with complicated mystery plots and character angst everywhere and yet keep getting surprised by how dark things get :joy: But yeah I’m very much at a point now where all I want to do is keep playing to see what happens, language is no longer a factor haha. So yeah going well reading-wise! :+1:

dumping my BOND feelings

Well I finally circled back around to the opening scene and it sure hurts more with context! It’s ルーク and アーロン angst hours; アーロン is understandably really upset and going completely wild, so naturally the rooftop confrontation happened and… yeah, it’s a lot. This game’s so good at giving characters such clear motivations and beliefs that make total sense for each person but inevitably end up at odds. There are just a lot of complicated emotions tied up in all of it.

アーロン just looks so upset despite how much he’s trying to act like he doesn’t care about any of it, I’m sad :cry:

…yeah, it’s bad out here. And now ルーク’s knocked out in the hospital having nightmares about the encounter and saying アーロン ()くな in his sleep and モクマ particularly is really worried about both of them and me too dude! Things are messy for sure. チェズレイ just thinks it’s pitiful that ルーク’s stuck on someone who discarded him like that which is also ouchies :sweat_smile: But even with all the destruction アーロン caused on his path, how insistent he is that he doesn’t care about anyone but his family, he made sure there were no casualties which really sums it all up huh.

They’re all angsty but アーロン’s such a tragic character really, like look:

This game super isn’t just dumb goofs anymore! Rip my feelings :joy:

Oh very relatable, I’ve tried reading digitally but I just like physical books too much :joy: The power of VNs!!

26 Likes