📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

September 27th

I read chapter 38 of Mitsuboshi Colours today.
It was pretty light on text, but its good to have an easy day once in a while :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

15 Likes

Home post :bookmark:

Spice & Wolf (27 → 28%)

15 min is better than nothing, right? I’ve gotten much better at prioritizing sleep, hihi :3

17 Likes

The Fall challenge thread has arrived! :sparkles: I actually meant to make it earlier, like this weekend but…busy ><
If you are still continuing your reading from the Summer challenge, please feel free to keep posting/updating in this thread until the new challenge officially starts on October 1st ^^

17 Likes

September 27 :blossom: Home Post

Just a teensy bit of ブルーロック again; hopefully I can start getting some more solid reading in again in the fall challenge :muscle:

15 Likes

:butterfly: Home :butterfly:

ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 48

25 - 45

sleep is the enemy

More like my busy schedule but whatever

15 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 89: September 27th :ice_cream: :beverage_box:

spacer:girl: からかい上手の(元)高木さん Volume 7 (81% ➨ 88%)

15 Likes

Yesterday I read to chapter 1 - 3 of 青ブタ9 and played Danganronpa V3 more. Read the couple of Goblin Slayer pages I could read for the day.

I could read to chapter 1 - 4, but I don’t want to hold myself to something if I don’t want to do it. I think that will ultimately kill my really high motivation I got going right now.

13 Likes

@Mushling-Dono Not sure if you saw, but the Fall challenge is now up. The link is a few posts up or right here.

I wanted to be sure you saw it. :smiley: Starting with a fresh challenge can be incredibly powerful. ^^

11 Likes

Home

Again, I meant to play AC earlier in the day, but then I didn’t end up doing so until after 10. I missed the rug-seller :( Well, they mighta still been there, since they showed up for the ラジオ体操, but I didn’t see them walking around, although tbf I only stayed on one corner of the island. I was also tired yesterday, so I didn’t end up doing much of anything, hence my not posting until today.

Ah, and I found a note in my phone from one day when I was making donations that I forgot to post. I learned that, while not spelled 遠藤, エンドウ are green peas, so yeah, everyone in おうちでごはん is named after food.

Other than that, I just read vol 28 of HQ. And, yay, thanks to the furigana, I learned that the 来 in 来よった is read き! Saw that a few times in 極主夫道 the other day and was never sure. Dunno if there’s any difference in nuance between くる and きよる though, because I saw both.

Some vocab of note:

魑魅魍魎 (ちみもうりょう) [四字熟語, noun] evil spirits of rivers and mountains. I hate how literally every kanji in that compound looks the same.
粒揃い (つぶぞろい) [noun, の-adj.] uniform excellence
神出鬼没 (しんしゅつきぼつ) [四字熟語, noun, の-adj.] appearing in unexpected places and at unexpected moments; elusive; phantom
奇才 (きさい) [noun] rare genius

Still waiting for my 相性 page to stop showing me impossible levels of compatibility, but lol me reading a bunch of 極主夫道 brought down my 相性 with my top-matched user, and we’re now below 300%. Why did me reading gksfd bring it down though and not them reading Yuukoku no Moriarty? Because I’m p sure our only thing in common is reading a bunch of HQ right now.

14 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Falling Leaf Party: Date 20220928 :fallen_leaf: :raccoon:

吾輩は狸である progress: 36.77% :pinching_hand:

Only time for a mini-read today.

:chestnut: Japanese found within the acorns :chestnut:

Meowords

暫時「ざんじ」ー Short while

Forms
翳 = 陰「かげ」(shadow)

15 Likes

Had intended this to be a direct reply to @enbyboiwonder, but I suspect the quoting broke that somehow. :sweat_smile:

If you are interested

Two versions of よる (which attaches to ます stem of words, hence the き reading for 来):

1. Progressive form, equivalent to the ている in standard Japanese; think this doesn’t apply to Osaka-ben so much as to the Chūgoku region/Hiroshima-ben, iirc, though, so the more likely version of it is the next one (at least for 極主夫道, given that I’m fairly certain Tatsu speaks in Osaka-ben)

2. Accusation, surprise, or emphasis. Sorta similar to ~やがる in standard Japanese.

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! I was just looking for it the other day and could not find it so this is a big help:)

5 Likes

Ah, okay, so it’s not a different conjugation of 来る (unlike 言う and I think 買う), but it is still a construction that you won’t see outside of dialect

Inarizaki are from Hyougo though iirc, which is right next to Chuugoku, so it’s possible it could be either. Especially since I don’t remember if I saw ておる/とる in HQ or just 極主夫道 (curse my decision to read them both at the same time lol). Though now that I’m aware there are two different よるs, I should be able to figure it out. Or if not now then whenever I reread lol I definitely do not understand nearly everything yet

5 Likes

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature :rofl: People apparently found it confusing to have a post which is a reply to the same person that is quoted in the post, so now (just as you suspected) whenever you reply and then quote, the reply is removed. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Home post :bookmark:

Spice & Wolf (28 → 30%)

I love it when early-morning-Glare does tasks for me so I don’t have to feel bad for not doing the tasks in the evening.

16 Likes

I know they might think it is a feature. I find it more of a bug. >_<

9 Likes

That somehow feels less intuitive to me, but Discourse be Discourse, I guess. :joy:

8 Likes

I think it’s more inconvenient now tbh. Well, at least it’s not like on bunpro forums where the reply thingie is often gone and at the same time being a direct reply (i.e no quotes whatsoever) :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I quite agree :sweat_smile:

It sure is :sweat_smile:

Anyway, though it’s not October yet I’ve been reading things for a while now and this thread will, hopefully, stimulate me to keep the pace. Today I’ve finished reading the volume of「ポケモンゲットだぜ」I’ve bought a long while ago and started reading わんわん探偵団 again. Also, read today’s NHK Easy News.
Also, plan on playing Japanese 二ノ国 again today, as I’ve been doing for about half a week now (and before that I’ve successfully finished Unreal Life in Japanese).

P. S. Sorry, the final part of this post was meant for the Fall thread; confused this one with it :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

September 28th!

Today I read half of chapter 2 of 耳をすませば.
I found it a bit hard to follow today, but I’m a bit tired and I got the gist of what was going on so I’m going to settle for that rather than really digging in to the bits that I didn’t quite get.

(Home Post)

17 Likes