📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

July 2 :blossom: Home Post

I read chapter 12 of 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ today! I wasn’t sure how well it would go at first; I have a general awareness of keigo and humble speech and such and it’s usually fine, like ナカタ levels are no problem, but this was a more extreme case than I’ve really seen before :sweat_smile: Once I got into it it was alright, but it was a bit intimidating :joy: At this rate, 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ will be the first novel I actually finish in Japanese which is kind of ridiculous actually lmao, that’s what I get for playing VNs all the time :laughing:

Aside from that, I read a few side stories in バディミッションBOND, most of which involved チェズレイ so they were inherently wild lmao. Doing that so soon after watching ハイキュー!! eps with Oikawa in them was interesting; very different situations :joy: but yeah, it was a good time as always! I still have a number of side stories to read before going back to the main plot so it’s kinda chill, though the side stories can certainly have their own brand of drama :eyes:

Oooh that’s one I’ve been looking at for sure, my friend keeps telling me I’ll like it (talking about the anime that I can’t find anywhere but whatever) and she’s probably right lmao; I hope it goes smoother once you get into it!

Also best of luck to all the JLPT people!! :muscle: (and everyone who’s been feeling under the weather for one reason or another, I hope you feel better soon :sparkling_heart:)

27 Likes