📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

:cake: :star2: August 9 :star2: :cake:
(home post)

Super Mario Odyssey :star2:
Night Café :cake: page 98 → 128 (31 pages)

Color me surprised when I noticed that I had actually read 2,5 pages the other day (of 8 of Night Café). Apparently I couldn’t even remember how much I read. Any case, I thought I gave myself an extra half page that day, but I shortchanged myself by as much. :joy:

Anyway, started the day with some SMO (and will probably play a little right after this too). Finishing Cloud Kingdom and Lost Kingdom (during first run through with story so not collecting all moons).

Then I spent about an hour (a little more) reading the rest of chapter 8 of Night Café. Nice to see Hanabi and Tina making friends, and Yamato revealing more of himself to Hanabi. Then I finally did what I’d meant to all along, and several hours later (aka in the evening), I read a second chapter of NC. This time chapter 9. For this chapter, it was nice to see Yamato being so nice and soft. And Risa/Lisa’s mother’s friend… shame on her. I get that she’s busy with her life and kids, but if you agree to check up on your friend’s child, you don’t get to come around first at 9 pm, leaving a kid without dinner and everything. If you can’t do better than that, you excuse yourself to your friend and say you can’t do anything, forcing the mother to figure something else out. Grrr…

Edit: Looks like I’ll be able to finish NC fairly soon (4 chapters left), and only join the club for the second volume one week late.

@pocketcat Thanks for all the advice. I have a feeling that after I finish off the current novel I’m reading (in English), I might just go on a mystery spree. xD The mystery spree in Japanese will have to wait. ^^

20 Likes