📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

:cake: :books: August 6 :books: :cake:
(home post)

Night Café :cake: page 81 → 95 (14 pages)

Read one chapter of Night Café yesterday. The オムライス chapter, and now I’m planing to make that soon. :joy: Honestly, this book have some nice little tutorials for sewing and cooking, and in Japanese, so feels kinda interestingly useful in that way.

Because the book is fairly easy for me, I keep expecting I’ll read two chapters in one day (aka come back to it later), but somehow I never find the time. Maybe because I know I’ve done Japanese reading, I put less priority on it. I’d like to finish volume 1 soon, so I don’t get so behind on reading volume 2 with the offshoot club.

Also, I’ve been watching Black Lagoon on Netflix. With English subs because this is just relaxing stuff. But as I’m watching it, I’m realizing how little I understood it when I watched it a couple of times a decade ago. Even though I watched with English subtitles then too. But I couldn’t really follow the details, so what actually happened with Rock and so on, didn’t make sense to me. Maybe I was just a bit too innocent, and didn’t know how things worked. I was only a late teen at that point.

Replies

Well done! :smiley:

I forgot back when you guys were discussing how this was read that I meant to share how I read it, which I realized was so wrong when I looked closer at the katakana, but anyhow, this is what I thought the game was called: Bad Mission Bond. :joy: (Like a bad James Bond or something. :joy: )

So cute. :pleading_face:

I just thought I’d mention the book club (although I think you know it exists!), we’re there if you want to discuss things in detail. I’m assuming you’ve been too busy, but come join us if you have time/interest. :smiley:

:scream: :scream: :scream:
I’m glad no one got hurt. Must have been scary to watch.

24 Likes