📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

August 4 :blossom: Home Post

As promised, I got curious and checked out 囚獄(しゅうごく)のヴァニタス and I have no idea how I managed to nail my brand so well without knowing really anything about it :joy: I’m very intrigued! The base concept so far is that the main guy is a homicide detective and there have been some real weird murders happening lately, and he meets a mysterious boy with cool boots and a cape who apparently no one else can see? And main guy is also able to see the monstrous forces behind the murders for some reason :eyes:. So yeah it’s some more wild murder mystery nonsense, love to see it!

It’s also a shockingly easy read for me, it’s like all the VNs I’ve read have prepped me for this specifically :joy: There’s really no furigana but that’s been a non-issue since I’ve known basically every word in it :man_shrugging: I’m not reading it super fast but that’s more because of enjoying the art and trying to pick apart the mysteries than any language difficulties. I think for me going slow is a sign that I’m really enjoying a manga so yay!

Yesss I love it!! It’s the same kind of matte texture ヴァニタスの手記(カルテ) has, obsessed :heart_eyes:

Yeah everything you posted from it looked so fun! It’s perfect for when I just wanna have a good time :grin: Very relatable on the reading speed front haha, absolutely drowning in content I wanna consume :sweat_smile:

As you can see I’m enjoying 囚獄(しゅうごく)のヴァニタス a lot thus far, though I will warn that there’s some disturbing imagery if that’s not your thing. I’m not super far yet so can’t speak for all of it, but it hasn’t been super bad so far, just the sort of thing you’d expect from like murder cases with :sparkles: monstrous presences :sparkles:, but just a fair warning!

Thank you!! See the trick to that is I’m stubborn :joy: The serotonin I get from having a physical book outweighs the inconvenience I suppose :stuck_out_tongue: (hopefully バディミッションBOND has prepared me at least a little bit for the influx of cooking words haha)

Oooh good to hear! I’m definitely intrigued by it, though as it turns out the one I got is the second book lmao so future adventure! :joy:

24 Likes