Visual Novel Book Club // Now reading: ISLAND

Here is my nomination that I think would be a good choice :smile:

キラキラモンスターズ

Developer: WhitePowder
VNDB Play Time: 5h57m
VNDB Link: Kirakira Monstars | vndb

Summary

This is Saint Aria, a big city in the human world.

The vampire girl “Venedict” came to this city after receiving a mysterious invitation (and getting thrown out by her sister)! She’s joined by the fluffy werewolf Arisa, the dreamy demon Eve, and the mild-mannered Fran, and they decide to share a house!

These modern-day monster girls are on a rampage in the human world, and they’ll always be close and have lots of laughs! The cutest yuri comedy visual novel in the world!

It’s Kira Kira Monsters Showtime!

Availability

Kirakira Monstars on Steam .

https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ013471.html .

Personal Opinion

The art is really nice and the game is fully voiced, including the MC. The game appears to be split up into 10 chapters per Steam’s achievement list, so that can be an easy way to track progress for all of us. Based on VNBD’s estimated playtime, it is relatively short too so in case people aren’t too into the story, it won’t take long to finish. I tested out the first 10 or so minutes on Steam and the game worked fine & I could texthook it.

Pros and Cons for the Book Club

Pros

• Shorter game
  • Can texthook the game
  • Available on Steam
  • Fully voiced
  • The vocabulary should be relatively simple given the premise

Cons

• I don’t know anyone who has played this so I can’t verify any estimated difficulty
  • There is a small clip in the beginning that you are unable to texthook since it just gives subtitles while the clip is going. It is very small part of the game but can’t pause the clip or anything to look up things.
  • Not a con for me but maybe for others - it is a comedy game so there might not be a plot to keep you overly engaged. Most of the games made by this company are usually crazy in the comedy department so it might be a pro or con depending on your tastes.
  • There is only a PC version available.

Pictures

Screenshots

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

7 Likes