🔉 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge (Summer Edition) 🏖

Jul 31, Sun of Week 5 of Summer :beach_umbrella: 2022

Today’s story is 座敷童 (:studio_microphone:).

I have heard about these beings for ages. Also, I really want to understand narrator (Rickyy)'s voice.

Story impression

Wait! I still feel I don’t know enough about the beings, only know some of their powers.

Also, the vocabularies here, and Kanji compounds without supplied reading, are a little dense for me.

Yesterday, I watched Dr. Stone, which also has JP sub. I think some vocabularies are relatively difficult and I don’t know yet; but I can somewhat understand the story.

Regarding the vocabularies, there are going to be harder ones, that are simpler in meaning; and easier ones that are more complex in meaning. The latter are scary to study, while the former simply need some dedication to learn.

Monthly recap and way forward

Honestly, I can’t say that I have improved listening-wise for last 2 months of Listening Challenge (counting that 1 month of planning phase). More of manifestation of my reading studies and Reading Challenge earlier; and also of my vocabulary collection and some grammar points.

Certainly, if I know more vocabularies, I probably can tolerate more difficult vocabularies’ listening.

Perhaps listening is more of a linear comprehension skill, but for reading, I can always look a little ahead to see the particles and the whole sentences.

I think read-aloud with recording is good, and I would continue to do so everyday for the next month as well. Less than ideally, it doesn’t have to aloud, but then I can’t ensure I vocalize every words. Also, there won’t be a recording to listen and re-consider.

Engaging in a conversation, when done well, is helpful skill to have. It hinges on both listening reception and speaking production skills; but certainly, if not understood, we can ask back. (But then, I didn’t reserve any more italki classes yet. Also, haven’t found any speaking pals yet.)

Writing skills may receive some help from speaking skills as well.

9 Likes