📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

June 17 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

It’s バディミッションBOND era now :tada: It’s like… darker than I expected actually? There’s some real angst in these characters, there’s a lot going on. I’m definitely getting a crash course in police slang but also aggro shounen-type terms to an extreme degree, アーロン is just like that huh :laughing: I think he’s called people about twenty variations of trash by now so that’s fun.

BOND stuff!!

Dramatic shot!! Really highlighting アーロン’s ridiculous character design lmao. It’s even more exacerbated half the time because ルーク just looks like a normal guy and then アーロン’s like that :joy: But yeah hero seems to be a word with a lot of weight behind it in this game… there are a lot of memories and feelings tied into it, it’s definitely gonna be recurring theme I think.

But yeah characters had a real bad time today actually? I got some アーロン backstory about how he was just a kid surviving on his own and he stumbled upon the others also like starving to death and they convinced him to stay despite his aggressive hesitance, and how アラナ’s little brother had just died of starvation and they were all in a really bad place emotionally and physically… it’s really messed up actually? アーロン backstory dark, and it seems like a lot of the reason he does the things he does is so he can support the other orphaned kids and just… it’s all really sad actually :cry: And then in the current time ルーク just got straight up tortured, like?? He was a broken man for a lot of it, that was rough. There’s a lot of messed up stuff going on and it feels like just the tip of the iceberg really.

It’s not all angst though of course, lots of fun screenshot opportunities as always:

This アーロン face kills me lmao; I have a really bad feeling about him saying that though, definitely feel like we’re gonna see him cry and it’s gonna hurt me!! Yikes for that :sweat_smile:

This man hates planes, he’s really like “you want me to trust a hunk of metal?? I trust these fists only:joy: Thinking about it now there’s probably an angsty reason for that too but for now it’s fun, ルーク’s just like “wow his one weakness :flushed:” haha

In even more chaotic news, I met a new idiot:

He’s many things :joy: People were applauding him and he was like “if anyone wants to meet up later for a ~rendezvous~ keep clapping!” and the crushing wave of second-hand embarrassment I felt as only ルーク kept clapping, the deafening silence, oof. But the きゅん face :joy: They’re all a hot mess for real.

So yeah all still going well! Keeping up with 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ hasn’t monopolized my time the way I thought it might so that’s nice, gives me time for plenty of other chaos haha.

21 Likes