📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

June 14 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

Today was kind of a hot mess :joy: the inherent chaos of finishing my main project and having to figure out what I’m doing haha. I immediately got humbled by a rough section in 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ and so I ended up giving Nightshade a go again (because I thought that would have less weird vocabulary and stuff I guess? lmao what) and honestly it’s doable, under normal circumstances I would’ve probably been fine with the amount I was looking up but I was not in the mindset :joy:

Sooo I finally picked up バディミッションBOND and that worked out better for sure. I messed with the demo a while back when I was deciding whether to buy it and I remember it being a little rough vocabulary-wise, especially with like crime/police vocabulary, but AI prepped me well :+1: I’m still looking up more stuff than I generally was with AI but I think that’s mostly starting-new-thing-syndrome, it’s really not bad thus far.

And game-wise I’m really enjoying it so far! Which is probably the least shocking thing considering it’s like… another detective-y visual novel-type thing :joy: But it has some cool mechanics, and I really like the comic book kind of aesthetic it has going, and a lot of it is voiced which is nice. I’m intrigued by the characters too :eyes: They’re probably gonna hurt me but what else is new! It’s also cool playing something that I just completely wouldn’t be able to experience in English, nice little bonus :grin:

Anyway I also fought through that part in 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ and ended up finishing the whole rest of the reading for the week so that’s almost 30 pages total today? So yeah today started out with my brain being like “no. no read >:(” but it ended up really successful so :man_shrugging: whatever the process must be!

25 Likes