📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

June 6 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

Well today ended up very productive; I read chapter 4 of 海辺(うみべ)のカフカ earlier so I’m caught up for this week’s reading! :tada: And then I fell deep into AI: The Somnium Files and… oof, there were a lot of feelings today. I ended up going way longer than I intended because things were happening and I absolutely could not stop in the middle, but I finished みずき’s route so it all works out!

AI stuff

I have a lot of feelings about みずき :pleading_face: Her biological parents were garbage actually, wow! I’d still never actually seen them outside of like photographs and their corpses (yikes) so seeing flashbacks of them reframed some stuff. And yeah… not great. 伊達(だて) and I were on the same page lmao:

伊達(だて) though… 伊達(だて)'s a good dad!! The whole end part of this route made me cry. First みずき being repeatedly in danger and all that, then 伊達(だて) very directly risking his life for her and even seeming possibly legitimately dead (the shot of the bullet approaching both of his eyes and like shattering the アイボゥ screen was really cool though, angst aside) and all of the aftermath… Playing as みずき was a fun change but she was so sad, it really hurt, especially when she’d said earlier how 伊達(だて) was really all she had left and just :sob: And his somnium!! All the memories, him trying to be a good dad and both of them dealing with a really complicated situation, and in the end directly going to him over her biological parents… yeah I have a lot of feelings haha. They’re family!!

伊達(だて) may joke about his wish being like “for this boring situation to be over quicker” but they care about each other! He’s a good dad!

Well that became a rambly mess quickly lmao but anyway today was a good reading day! It’s always cool to get super into what I’m reading like that :grin:

25 Likes